You probably know that there are certain foods which can worse the condition of your heart. It is of course difficult to change our eating habits, but then there comes a time in life, when we have to give our health adequate attention. Everything starts with eating healthy and having a proper diet. In this article, we will go through some edible items which can prevent heart attacks and other heart related diseases. This guide will help you have a heart-healthy diet and promote longevity too.
- Fruits and veggies: comparative studies over the years have proven that abundant consumption of fruits and veggies reduce heart risks. Consuming green veggies like broccoli, cabbage, spinach, etc. will give you vitamin C and that promotes a healthier heart. Every doze of fruit and green veggies reduces possibility of coronary diseases by 4%.
- Whole grains: it is weird but replacing bread with whole grains with your regular white bread can reduce heart diseases by 40%. It is sadly an underestimated item but it does wonders for our heart. Consume whole grains as they provide you with antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, fibers, phytochemicals and compounds. All of these make a synergy to protect your heart and promotes better health.
- Nuts: people eliminate consuming nuts due to their fat content, but they are an amazing source of monounsaturated fats. This is beneficial to your heart and your cardiovascular system. Researchers have proved that consuming one portion of notes daily can reduce heart risks by 30%. Try and replace nuts with processed snacks which content sugar and fats.
- Green tea: Women have 23% of mortality rate which is 12% compared to men who drink regular tea. It is wise to switch over to a healthier addiction with green tea. A recent study has resulted that consuming 2 cups of green tea everyday can reduce heart attacks by 16%. Green tea has a lot of other uses, which include giving you extra energy and helping you lose weight. It is a healthy treat and it advisable to be drank without sugar.
- Dark chocolate: if you have around 20 grams of dark chocolate every day, you will improve blood flow in your body and reduce heart risks considerably. This is not applicable to processed chocolate as they include cocoa paste. The positive effects are linked with dark chocolates which have polyphenols. These release nitric oxide which betters arterial dilatation. Do not include milk with dark chocolate as it neutralizes the benefits due to casein content. You will not get the adequate benefits if these two are combined and then consumed.
- Red wine: this is a complex product as it includes numerous chemical compounds. Red wine is one of the most preferred drinks as they have resveratrol. It is a molecule which aids our cardiovascular system, which includes attacks, blood clots, heart blockage, etc.
- Omega 3: the initial study had revealed that consumption sea animals weren’t bad for the heart. Some of the animals were salmons, sardine, mackerels, etc. these were found to have high amounts of eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA). These are omega 3 fatty acids which prevent coronary diseases and improve health conditions.
You can add any of these or a few of these in your diet and prevent coronary issues. You also need to maintain a proper routine and a balanced diet, so that you eat healthy. Try and reduce the consumption of junk food, especially the processed ones. Small steps towards a better living helps us make a healthier world.
Preventive measures for heart attacks and strokes
- Exercise every day
Our body is the only tangible thing that we live in. It is important to keep ourselves fit and healthy. Getting into physical activities reduces heart attacks by 30% to 50%. Try to exercise for 30 minutes every day and prevent this condition.
- Set targets to lose weight
If you are probably healthy or obese, you will have more chances of heart risk compared to others. If you reduce about 5% to 10% of your original weight, your cholesterol numbers lower downs. This alternatively states that your blood pressure and sugar levels reduce!
- Eat healthy
A healthier you start with exercises, but diet comes along. You don’t have to leave all the lovely junk food, but you have to restrict them and get in to the healthier bit. Heart diseases drop down by 25% when you get into a healthier diet. Add veggies, fruits, fishes, whole grains and lean meats to your diet and keep the Sundays for cheat day!
- Reduce alcohol consumption
If you love to drink, there’s no way that we can convince you to stop. Some of it is actually healthy for you, so why ask to stop at all? Reduce alcohol consumption as those can higher blood pressure and get your cardiac arrest.
- Reduce chocolate consumption
Studies have shown that you lower heart attacks by about 40% and strokes by 30% when you reduce eating chocolate! We’re not kids anymore that we’d need those to sweeten our taste buds. Reduce cacao consumption and try fruits instead!
- Don’t smoke
Smoking causes a lot of problems and those aren’t unknown. From cancer to heart attacks, you can invoke anything from smoking. It is advisable to reduce or leave smoking, because it has nothing healthy to offer. Chew on some anti-smoking gums to refrain you from those puffs!