Add a generous portion of green vegetables in your daily diet and get benefitted it multiple ways. While you get to your market to purchase veggies, pick and choose the fresh ones, and don’t compromise due to the cost. Fresh and green veggies are far better than stale and pale ones. Vegetables can be consumed in numerous ways, like you can make salads, smoothies, gravy or simply add them to your sandwiches. Being in India, you are surely going to know of some of the best culinary recipes where you can add veggies like spinach, broccoli, kale, cabbage, etc. Let us now read through some of the healthy benefits these veggies provide us!
- Better eye health: green vegetables like spinach and kale comprise essential carotenoids known as lutein and zeaxanthin. They are important for improving eyesight. They provide a protective shield for your macula and prevent damage of blue light. These are also known to avoid problems like macular degeneration, cataract, etc. which are caused due to aging. Our body transforms beta-carotene present in these veggies into vitamin A which reduce nighttime blindness.
- Improve bone health: when we age we become fragile. Our bones start becoming weak and these signs are more prone to happen to women than men. One common bone condition that can be avoided with the regular consumption of green veggies is osteoporosis or endocrine bone disease. There are numerous factors like our regular food, lifestyle, genes, can affect our bone health. With the regular consumption of green veggies you can improve the strength of bone. These veggies are rich in calcium which is essential for maintaining better bone health. These also have vitamin K which increases osteocalcin, the protein for enhancing bone density.
- Prevention of cancer: global studies have resulted to the fact that numerous green veggies prevent cancer. With the regular consumption of leafy veggies you can not only promote healthier body but you can keep it away from deadly diseases as such. The vegetables include numerous antioxidants, flavonoids and carotenoids, and these element fight cancers like stomach, colon, breast and skin. Add veggies like broccoli, cabbage, Brussels sprouts for boosting your body with these fightable weapons.
- Enhance metabolism: green veggies are going to help you enhance your body weight as they improve metabolism and that in turn reduces weight. These veggies are full of fiber and iron, and they are low in fat, alternatively red bloods cells transfer nutrients all through the body and balance it out. With a pure pack of essential vitamins and minerals and low calorie diet consumption, you are sure to manage your weight well.
- Brain functioning: dark green veggies like spinach and broccoli prevent you from age-related cognitive decline. These are high in vitamin B and B9 content and they improve overall concentration and nurture the functioning of brain. These are further loaded with antioxidants and carotenoids which protect the brain from free radicals. If you have struggle to memorize or remembering things, you must increase the consumption of green veggies, for resolving such conditions in a healthy way!
- Boosts energy: if you find yourself fatigued at odd hours, chances are that your diet needs to be more of green veggies! When your body lacks iron, you might lack energy too. Veggies like kale, spinach and broccoli are sources of iron and vitamin C. Both of these improve our energy levels and build immunity.
- Other benefits: green veggies also have folic acid which betters ovulation and obstructs birth defects. The iron content would prevent anemia, as it boosts cellular levels and that in turn doesn’t hinder pregnancy!
Our body is that we dwell in and we ought to keep it healthy and fit. For staying fit and obtaining our desired life goals, we must consume food which is healthy for us. Having a proper diet solves numerous problems and extends longevity. Add these veggies in your regular diet so that you get benefitted of all the things mentioned above. Try to have them in their subtlest forms and avoid excess frying. This way they stay healthy and you retain all the nutrients.
Top green vegetables to add to diet
Spinach is known to provide the maximum amount of folate. Consuming vitamin B fights cancer and folate is needed for proper cell division. It also includes potassium which is good the muscles and keeps blood pressure healthy. Let the love taste of spinach be lingered in your mouth through some lovely recipes. That will make you have a tasty treat with all the necessary benefits consumed.
Broccoli serves 25 calories per serving and is rich in vitamin C and a good source for vitamin A, folate and potassium. Broccolis are usually more expensive compared to other vegetables, but they have all the right to. You can make so many tasty dishes or add them with regular ones for consumption. Broccoli is one vegetable which is tasty even when just boiled. You’d simply need some yogurt dip to enjoy a perfect broccoli salad.
Peas are tiny veggies which are actually very helpful and tasty. Peas are usually added to numerous recipes to make them taste a little better, but they eventually add better health. If you consume peas with other legumes you will have a lower chance to get stomach cancer.
Lettuce varies depending upon other nutrients you add with them. Romaine lettuce is termed healthiest as they have vitamin A, B, V along with chromium, manganese and folic acid. Lettuce is perfect ingredients inside burgers, on salads, etc. and they have low calories too. Lettuce is great source of iron as well which improves blood formation. The magnesium content makes it vital for nerves and brains too.
Cabbages can be cooked in so many different ways. They have numerous benefits and happen to be a loved element in Indian cuisine. You can add them to salad, you can make stuff out of them, you can add them as ingredient while making noodles, and there are so many others ways to consume it. Cabbage includes phytonutrients which fight the free radicals. They are also known to prevent stomach, lung and colon prostate cancer.