There are numerous areas in our body where we grow unwanted hair. Most of the places are usually covered up, but when it’s about our face, it isn’t! Our face is the first and foremost thing anybody notices directly and it is very important to keep it clean.
There is a no point shying away from the natural growth of unwanted hair, and it is better to find ways to get rid of it.
Our facial skin is the most delicate area is usually put through a lot of treatments. This is concern for both men and women, as they have something or the other to treat their face with.
Different types of treatments for permanent hair removal
There are treatments which can permanently get you rid of unwanted facial hair. There are also some repetitive methods which would deliver desired results too. Let us go through the combination and find out the one that’d suit you.
1. Laser hair removal
It is one way to get rid of dark pigmented hair. They are done at clinics with a few sessions and they help you get smoother and cleaner face. It is a medical procedure which is performed by skilled dermatologists.
Every practitioner is trained before they are allowed to do such treatments. They also have to be licensed as a medical doctor to serve or direct a patient. It is important to choose a good clinic which will give desirable results at an affordable rate.
2. Depilatory creams
These sorts of creams are known to dissolve the hair base. The follicles are numbed and they stop growing hair.
Although, this method is more common for hands and legs, instead of the sensitive face skin. If you do get a medicated product which can be applied on face, and you don’t have a sensitive skin, you can try applying it.
3. Electrolysis hair removing process
This is another method of hair removal but is comparatively slower than laser removal. It lets electricity pass through a needle and then into your skin so that the hair roots can be temporarily deadened.
It works on one hair at a time which makes it a time consuming process. The result of this treatment lasts longer than waxing or creams. On the other hand, it can be painful and costly too.
A lot of women tweeze their hair but that makes it a repetitive process. It can also irritate the hair follicles and darken skin. Sometimes it also results in scarring for dark-skinned women. Hair grows back faster, thicker and stiffer.
It has been a continuous process and should be used with good quality products. It is also the least recommended remedy because it can harm the sensitive face skin.
Waxing happens to be one of the easiest remedies for hair removal and it is comparatively long lasting if not permanent.
Waxing your upper lips, chin and cheeks happen to be a great way to get rid of unwanted hair for a long time. Waxing could be a bad option for dark-skinned women as they can get discolored and inflammation.
Waxing is also a lifelong process which has to be continued once started. It is important to choose expensive waxing treatment so that it doesn’t have a bad reaction on your face.
6. Home remedies for facial hair removal
If you are looking fore natural remedies and you’d like to stick to them, then there are some probable ways to solve your problem. These remedies are perfect for sensitive skinned people, who would not risk trying other remedies.
Papain is an active enzyme present in papaya and it breaks down hair follicles and reduces growth of hair. It also makes hair less noticeable and exfoliates your face. Papaya is perfect for sensitive skin and it also improves texture.
- Make paste of raw papaya. You would need about 1-2 tablespoons. Peel the raw papaya and grind it after making pieces.
- Add ½ teaspoon of turmeric powder to the paste.
- Apply the mix of your face.
- Massage it for 15 minutes.
- Let it dry.
- Wash with water
- Repeat twice a week.
- Take 1 tablespoon of papaya paste or ¼ tablespoon of papaya powder.
- Add 1/4th tablespoon of turmeric powder
- Add gram flour of ¼ tablespoon
- Add 4 tablespoons of aloe vera gel
- Add 2 tablespoons of mustard oil
- Add lavender oil of 2 drops if possible
- Combine to make a thick paste
- Apply it on your face in the opposite direction of hair growth.
- Wash it off after 20 minutes
- Now use a clean cloth to rub on the opposite direction of growth.
- After all the paste is cleaned, wash face again and pat dry.
- Finally, use some olive or baby oil to massage skin.
- Repeat thrice a week.
Turmeric is one home remedy which improves skin quality and makes our skin glow. It is known to come with antibacterial and anti inflammatory properties and high quality turmeric can prevent hair growth. Follow this simple recipe to clean unwanted hair.
- Take 1-2 teaspoon of turmeric powder and add enough milk to make paste.
- Make sure that the paste is not too tight, as it has to stay well on your face and not dry it up.
- Apply the mix and then wait for 15 minutes.
- Cleanse with warm water.
This remedy can be followed by women who have little hair on their body. Women who denser hair should try other alternatives like gram flour, rice flour or ground oats with milk.
(c) Sugar and lemon mix
Sugar and water works like a great exfoliating combination, but when you add water with lemon, it just doubles the benefit. Lemon has astringent properties so it becomes natural bleach. It lightens your face and helps you reduce the facial hair.
- Add 2 tablespoons of sugar with 2 teaspoons of lemon.
- Add 10 tablespoons of water.
- Make the sugar dissolve well. It should not have granules left.
- Apply it on the opposite direction of hair growth.
- Let it sit for 15 minutes.
- Wash with water and gently rub it.
- Repeat thrice a week.