When people watch you, they watch you from top till bottom. If you really wish to stay updated and presentable in front of the mask, stop hiding your heels with the help of closed shoes or socks. Along with your face and other skins over your body, you should also take care of your cracked heels. Some people have cracked heels due to excessive dryness during winter season whereas some group suffers from cracked condition throughout the year.
Initially if you don’t care cracked heels, it might cause you any problem. But, as the time goes on people will start having the pain of cracked heels. But, if you can take precaution from very beginning, getting painful cracked heels can be ideally stopped.
You may see a lady with beautiful face and fair skin. But, once you look down to her feet you might get to view the cracked heels. This has become a nagging problem which we hardly care. But, if you keep on not caring these cracked heels of yours, this might end up with serious issues. You may get blood from the skins. You can easily get variety of crack creams which will fill up the cracks and wound in your heels. But, some people actually prefer having natural remedy. Let us explore some of the natural remedies for cracked heels.
You can now get beautiful and attractive pair of heels with some simple care habits. This is mostly viewed when winter approaches. Some people get excessively dry skin during winter which mostly can be a reason behind cracked heels. The lack of moisture in your body will make your feet dry and make it crack all over. Also the reasons that can make your heels rough and unattractive are using very harsh soaps that hardly gives care to your skin.
Even some people mostly the housewives have the habit of getting exposure to water continuously. This probably is another reason of getting cracked heels. Let us find out some natural home remedies of the same.
Here are some home remedies to get rid of cracked uneven heels
- Take 1/4th bucket of water and squeeze one lemon in it, soak your feet in this bucket and clean your feet with pumice stone for few minutes. Then wash your feet and heels with soap lather. Follow this cleaning process twice a week for getting the best result in a month.
- Blend turmeric, tulsi and camphor unequal proportions. Mix all these ingredients with aloe Vera gel and make it in a paste like consistency. Apply this paste on the heels and leave it for 20 minutes. Wash your heels with moderate warm water. Then apply any moisturizing lotion to the heels. The plain aloe Vera gel is good for cracked heels.
- Take warm water and soak your feet in it for 15 minutes. This will relax the dead skin. Now clean off your heels with a pumice pebble. Rub the pumice stone on the cracked heel area. This process will remove the dead skin on the heels and improve the blood flow in the feet.
- Sesame oil is allegedly the best remedy for cracked heels.
- Mix glycerin and rosewater in equal quantity and apply it on the cracked heels everyday. This soothes and therapies cracked heels real fast.
- Take a ripe banana, which has almost turned dark. Mash it, and use it on the affected area. Leave it for 15 minutes. Wash it off with cold water. This remedy promotes fast healing.
- Use special creams which are intended for healing cracked heels. Apply the cream at night, and then scrub your feet in the morning with a pumice pebble.
- Massage your feet with coconut oil every evening. In the evening scrub your heels and wash with warm water.
- Make a mixture of lemon juice and papaya. Apply it on the cracked heels. Leave it for 20 minutes and then wash off with warm water.
- Put some salt in moderately hot water, soak your feet in hit for 5 minutes and scrub it as you soak it. It acts as a natural Pedicure for your feet, and it helps in exfoliating your feet too.
- Take Paraffin wax, and dissolve it in some coconut oil. Save it in a jar and apply it on the cracked heel before hitting the bed, wash it off in the morning.
- After cleaning your feet, massage with paraffin oil, Vaseline or hydrogenated vegetable oil. This will keep the feet hydrated.
- Mix sodium bicarbonate(baking soda) in moderately hot water and soak your feet in it. Clean off with a pumice pebble.
- Dehydration is also one of the cause for cracked heels. So drink plenty of water to keep your skin and hydrated.
Top remedies for cracked heels
Like you usually carry on with exfoliating your other parts of your skin, the skin nearing to heels can also be exfoliated. Crack heals give rise to accumulation of dead skin layer over the outer surface which needs to be removed to get the soft and beautiful skin that lies under. You can make a wonderful scrub with the help of a hand full of grown rice, 1 spoon of apple cider vinegar and also few teaspoon of honey. Mix it well and get a thick paste out of it. If your skin is too dry, using few drops of olive oil to it will be ideal. If you have sweet almond oil, that can also replace the olive oil. This works quite well once you soak your heel in warm water and apply the paste.
Glycerin and rose water
A combination of rose water along with glycerin is another wonderful home treatment for cracked heels. For years people have been using glycerin to soften dried skin of individuals. Even in many creams and lotions sold in cosmetic showrooms you will get the extract of glycerin mixed to it. Addition of rose water in the solution includes vitamin C, A, E, D as well as B3. These have antiseptic, antioxidants as well as anti inflammatory properties. You just need to mix one teaspoon each of glycerin as well as rose water and mix them really well. Now, apply it over your heels daily and feel the different after a week.
You must have heard about many face washes, face scrub etc in the cosmetics which has Neem or Indian Lilac as its main ingredients. This has antiseptic properties that will ideally help in eradicating infection from your skin. Some time cracked heels can be the result of major infections and irritations. Indian Lilac or Neem has anti fungal properties that can ideally fight with skin infection. For this home remedy, you need to pluck some Indian Lilac leaves from the tree just near to your home, take a teaspoon of turmeric powder or turmeric root. Make a paste after grinding it with a grinder and apply it over your heels. You can wash it after it is dried. Washing your feet with warm water after application of Indian Lilac paste can bring you positive result.
There can be several skin conditions depending on the skin types of each individual. Even the condition of cracked heels can be categorized into bad, worse and worst. Now, if the condition of your heel is worst, paraffin wax will be the only remedy. You need to melt paraffin wax by using double boiler. You also need to add two teaspoons of coconut oil or mustard oil in the boiler. After boiling keep it for cooling till you can see a thin layer. Now dip your feet inside. Now cover your feet with plastic and leave it for a period of 30 long minutes. Once it is done, you can easily peel off wax from your skin. This is an effective remedy to cure cracked heel problem that has touched the advanced stage.
You must use a natural home remedy to treat your cracked heels. It is one form of the natural oil which has been evacuated from your skin layer. You need to replenish the moisture in your skin layer. All you have to do is take a spoon of Jojoba oil and apply over your heels which are cleaned already. Rub it slowly with your palms so that the skin absorbs oil. It will work once the oil penetrates inside your skin.
You must have heard about the face packs with the help of ripe avocado. But, you will be surprised to learn that even this helps in removing the cracks from your heels. Take out the pulp from avocado and apply it over the heels where you have cracks. Let it stay for 15-20 minutes till it is completely dry. Now, remove it with simple water. Do this several times and get the positive effect.
Honey and lemon
An easy way to treat heel crack will be a combination of honey and lemon. You have to make a mixture where two spoons of honey will be present along with half slice squeezed lemon. Mix both and apply on the portion where you have cracks. The pack might give you little discomfort as lemon present in it will act as a natural acidic acid and heal the heels. Again the honey present in it forms a natural moisturizer that will replenish the cracked layer.
Scrubbing and exfoliate
When you have cracked heels, it means that it has wider accumulation of dead skin over the heels. The first thing which you must do is through removing the dead skin from the surface. Exfoliation will be a best way. You must take little soap water and apply it over your heels and feet where you have cracks. Now rub the portion with the pumice stone slowly so that the dead skin gets removed.
Orange peel natural foot pack
Once you have completed the task of exfoliating, your must have driven away the dead skin layer of cracked heels. Now, you should make a step forwards and apply a foot pack. The orange peel foot pack is one of the wonderful combinations to heal the cracked foot. You have to take out the peels from orange and dry it under the sun. Once it is dried make powder and add some milk to make a paste. Apply the paste over the heel portion where you have cracks. Let it get dry and then wash away.
Natural oil massage
After applying the foot pack, another important step will be the foot massage. All you have to do is put the natural oil such as olive oil or jojoba oil etc over your heels where you have crack. You also need to massage it pretty well so that the oil gets inside the skin and works to heal. Once it has absorbed, your work is done.
You must go ahead with these three simple steps to get beautiful pair of feet and heels. If you can do this on a regular basis, getting un cracked and beautiful heels will be easy.