[ Hindi version ]
Every woman likes to have pink and rosy lips. Pinkish lips enhance her beauty and brightens her face. Pink lips are a sign of good health and so require proper care. Lips are the most delicate part of the face that have no oil glands and so need external care to keep them soft and supple. The most common cause for dark lips are exposure to the sun, UV rays, smoking, allergies, hormonal imbalance and age.
There are several lip balms and lipsticks to make the lips look pinkish but they may have some harmful effect. There are number of homemade natural scrubs and remedies to make the lips look rosy in an effective manner.
Who wouldn’t desire to have soft, supple and pink lips. But given to the pollution and the harsh conditions around us and not to forget our hectic schedule we are left with little to no options to get take proper care of ourselves.
What is the cause of getting dull lips? There may be lot of factors that turns your lips dry, chapped or no shine. Some of them are due to harmful sun rays, drinking and smoking habit, more licking of lips, dehydration, deficiency of vitamin and fatty acids and also the use of medications. Cut down drinking any hot items like coffee and tea which makes your lips dark.
Today we shall discuss about few home made remedies that will help us attain that soft pink lips easily and quickly. So no more excuses, just grab these ingredients and get started now.
Homemade natural remedies for pink lips
- Take 1 tsp. milk, 1tsp. milk cream and add few strand of saffron in it. Mix all the ingredients together and store it in the fridge. When cool apply it on your lips and clean it off with a cotton pad.
- Take 1tbsp milk and add few red rose petals in it. Crush the petals in the milk till the milk gets pinkish color. Take out the petals and store the milk in the fridge. When it cools down add 1tsp of almond powder in it and mix it into a thick paste. Apply it on your lips and leave it on for 10-15 minutes. Remove it with wet cotton pads. Using this remedy will make your lips soft, shiny and will help you in maintain nice pink lips.
- Immerse some rose petals in milk for some time. Then blend them into a fine thick an apply it on your lips. This is proven to give amazing results. You may even use glycerin as a substitute for milk.
- Combine some drops of beetroot juice or pomegranate juice with a tsp of milk cream. This mixture has wonderful effects on the cracked lips and also helps in bringing back the pink color of your lips.
- Honey is the best ingredient used to nourish all skin types. It can even be used to moisturize your lips. Just mix 1/2 tsp of honey with 1/2 tsp of lemon juice and apply it on the lips. Leave it for few minutes and wash it off with cold water. You will notice that your pale and chapped lips has become soft and pinkish within fraction of minutes.
- Apply tomato paste and milk cream for soft pink lips.
- Using of ghee or butter or saffron are the natural remedies preferred to use for getting shiny and pink lips.
- Here’s another Ayurvedic tips for lips-soak raisins in water overnight and eat it on an empty stomach.
- Carrot juice: Like beetroot juice the carrot juice also gives a similar benefit to the lips. Take a carrot juice in small bowl. Soak the cotton pad in the juice and apply to the lips. Apply continuously when your lips get dry. The vitamins in carrot juice will add color to your rosy lips.
- Cucumber slices: To brighten the color of your lips then rub the cucumber slices for couple of minutes. This results you to gain more pink lips naturally.
- Peel of orange: Are you throwing the orange peel after eating orange? Do you know how it is useful for your lips? Orange peel treats the dark looking lips by giving extra brightness. Sure your lips will blush like anything. Rub the orange peel on lips for two minutes and check the results.
- Olive oil: Oils are also used to get pinky and rosy lips. Use olive oil along with honey and lemon juice for gaining good pink lips. Combining of these three looks like a balm and apply it to the lips daily.
- Mint juice and rose water are good sources that you can use for gaining pink looking lips.
- Sugar scrub – Sugar scrub works as excellent lips exfoliate Apply a thick paste of sugar and butter and use it as a scrub for the lips. . Sugar helps in getting rid of unwanted dead cells on the lips and butter will help to improve the color and add gloss to the lips.
- Turmeric Scrub—Make a paste of turmeric powder and milk and apply it on the lips after cleaning the lips gently with a soft tooth brush. After 2-3 minutes rub it again with a soft tooth brush. Pat the lips with towel and apply a natural lip balm
- Lemon Juice– Lemon is known for its natural bleaching properties and so is the best remedy to lighten dark lips. It can also remove dark patches and spots from the lips. Apply freshly squeezed lemon juice on the lips before sleeping.
- Raspberry scrub–Raspberry contains essential minerals and vitamins that make the lips vibrant and bubbly. Make a paste by mixing raspberry with aloe Vera and pure honey. Message and scrub the lips with this paste and rinse it off after 10 minutes.
- Homemade Strawberry Lip balm—Apply a mixture of strawberry pub and petroleum jelly to get naturally smooth pink lips.
- Honey, Almond Oil and Sugar should be mixed together. Apply this mixture on the lips and massage it for 10 minutes.
- Coriander juice, carrot juice and mint juice are all beneficial for soft and pink lips.
- Apply milk cream that is got from boiled milk to moisturize the lips and keeps them soft.
- Raw potato rubbed on the lips helps to lighten the dark color.
Lip Exercises for getting pink rose lips
1. Massage your lips daily with a lip cream(with vitamin E in it) before going to the bed.
2. Gently massage your laugh line with index fingers in upward stroke movement.
3. Put index fingers on the corners of your lips and massage clockwise and anti-clockwise.
4. Put index finger on the corner of your lips and this time massage by moving them inwards.
5. Clean your lips with a wet cotton pad. Apply a good quality lip balm on your lips and make sure that they give protection from the sun as well.
Last but definitely not the least, drink lots of water. That is the most simple and inexpensive way to make your lip look soft, supple, shiny and pink.
More tips to get rosy lips
- Dryness causes dark and pigmented lips. Keep the lips moisturized with natural balms made from Natural Beeswax, Cadillac Wax, Glycerin, Almond Oil and Vitamin E.
- Dry lips look dull and dark. Hydration makes the lips pinkish and gives a juicy look to them. Besides external hydration, internal hydration is important to keep the lips hydrated.
- Scrub the lips with natural ingredients on a regular basis. Sugar and butter is the best scrub for lips.
- Avoid dark color lipsticks as they can snatch the pinkish tinge from the lips. Some Lipsticks contain some sort of toxins that can harm the lips, hence always soft colors and branded lipstick.
- Nicotine causes darkening and discoloration of lips, hence it is best to give up smoking to get pink and healthy lips.
- Components of caffeine are known to blacken the lips so the consumption of tea and coffee must be limited.
- Exposure to sun can also lead to darkening of the lips due to the presence of excess melanin. Protection from these harmful rays should be done by using natural balms.
- Artificial cosmetics contain unhealthy chemicals that can harm the lips. Cosmetics containing She abutter, pomegranate seeds, beetroot etc. are safer.
- Maintain a healthy diet that consists of a good amount of fruits and vegetables. Vitamin C naturally moisturizes the lips and reduces pigmentation.
- Chlorinated water also causes pigmentation of the lips and so contact with chlorinated water.
- Apply a layer of oil and leave it on for several hours. Leave it overnight for better results
- Mix coconut oil and almond oil in equal quantity. Apply a coat of this on the lips and leave on overnight. This has to be done daily for at least two weeks for best results.
- Massage lips: Prepare a mixture of 1/2 tsp. Glycerin, 1/2 tsp Castor oil with 1/2 tsp Lemon juice. Apply and leave overnight.
- Apply cream from curds with saffron on your lips.
- Take a toothbrush and rub on the lips slowly. This will wash out the dead skin cells from the outer surface of the lips. Use a soft bristled tooth brush for doing this.
- You can also use ice cubes present in your refrigerator. Take the ice cubes in a thin cloth and apply it on the lips to get pink lips.
- One more natural tip is use clove oil to massage on your lips. This gives pink lips.
Diet plays an important part in keeping the lips healthy… There are some vitamins which our not made by our body and absence of them results in development of laugh lines. Healthy and shiny lips can be maintained by including milk, butter, egg and green leafy vegetables in the diet. Regular massage on lips with lip cream will help in keeping the lips rosy pink. Uses of the homemade remedies are sure to help in the desired result of getting pink rosy lips.
[ Hindi version ]