Rosy lips can be the aim of most of the females as this is a part of her beauty. But, very few women can retain their rosy lips for a long time. Today not only male but females also go ahead with the habits of smoking. This eventually makes their lips looks really dark and unattractive. Even after applying creams and cosmetics this remains the same. Excessive use of lipstick can be another reason of getting the rosy lips converted into dark one. But this article will help you get a list of natural remedies that will help you retain rose soft lips.
Every woman likes to have pink and rosy lips. Pinkish lips enhance her beauty and brightens her face. Pink lips are a sign of good health and so require proper care. Lips are the most delicate part of the face that have no oil glands and so need external care to keep them soft and supple. The most common cause for dark lips are exposure to the sun, UV rays, smoking, allergies, hormonal imbalance and age.
There are several lip balms and lipsticks to make the lips look pinkish but they may have some harmful effect. There are number of homemade natural scrubs and remedies to make the lips look rosy in an effective manner.
Who wouldn’t desire to have soft, supple and pink lips. But given to the pollution and the harsh conditions around us and not to forget our hectic schedule we are left with little to no options to get take proper care of ourselves.
What is the cause of getting dull lips? There may be lot of factors that turns your lips dry, chapped or no shine. Some of them are due to harmful sun rays, drinking and smoking habit, more licking of lips, dehydration, deficiency of vitamin and fatty acids and also the use of medications. Cut down drinking any hot items like coffee and tea which makes your lips dark.
Today we shall discuss about few home made remedies that will help us attain that soft pink lips easily and quickly. So no more excuses, just grab these ingredients and get started now.
How to get soft pink lips naturally at home
Cream and saffron remedy
Take 1 tsp. milk, 1tsp. milk cream and add few strand of saffron in it. Mix all the ingredients together and store it in the fridge. When cool apply it on your lips and clean it off with a cotton pad.
Milk and rose petals for red rose lips
Take 1tbsp milk and add few red rose petals in it. Crush the petals in the milk till the milk gets pinkish color. Take out the petals and store the milk in the fridge. When it cools down add 1tsp of almond powder in it and mix it into a thick paste. Apply it on your lips and leave it on for 10-15 minutes. Remove it with wet cotton pads. Using this remedy will make your lips soft, shiny and will help you in maintain nice pink lips.
Immerse some rose petals in milk for some time. Then blend them into a fine thick an apply it on your lips. This is proven to give amazing results. You may even use glycerin as a substitute for milk.
Beetroot with milk cream for pinkish lips
Combine some drops of beetroot juice or pomegranate juice with a tsp of milk cream. This mixture has wonderful effects on the cracked lips and also helps in bringing back the pink color of your lips.
Honey is the best ingredient used to nourish all skin types. It can even be used to moisturize your lips. Just mix 1/2 tsp of honey with 1/2 tsp of lemon juice and apply it on the lips. Leave it for few minutes and wash it off with cold water. You will notice that your pale and chapped lips has become soft and pinkish within fraction of minutes.
Apply tomato paste and milk cream for soft pink lips.
Using of ghee or butter or saffron are the natural remedies preferred to use for getting shiny and pink lips.
Here’s another Ayurvedic tips for lips-soak raisins in water overnight and eat it on an empty stomach.
Here’s another Ayurvedic tips for lips-soak raisins in water overnight and eat it on an empty stomach.
Carrot juice for rosy lips
Like beetroot juice the carrot juice also gives a similar benefit to the lips. Take a carrot juice in small bowl. Soak the cotton pad in the juice and apply to the lips. Apply continuously when your lips get dry. The vitamins in carrot juice will add color to your rosy lips.
Cucumber slices for soft pink lips
To brighten the color of your lips rub the cucumber slices for couple of minutes. This results you to gain more pink lips naturally. Since cucumber is really good for the skin, you can simple consume it along with applying its juice.
Peel of orange for blushing lips
Are you throwing the orange peel after eating orange? Do you know how it is useful for your lips? Orange peel treats the dark looking lips by giving extra brightness. Sure your lips will blush like anything. Rub the orange peel on lips for two minutes and check the results.
Oils are also used to get pinky and rosy lips. Use olive oil along with honey and lemon juice for gaining good pink lips. Combining of these three looks like a balm and apply it to the lips daily.
Mint juice to improve lip color
Mint juice and rose water are good sources that you can use for gaining pink looking lips.The mixture of mint juice and rose water can be effectively applied to get beautiful and pink lips. Be the one to stay hydrated with the mint juice.
Sugar scrub for lightening lip color
Sugar scrub works as excellent lips exfoliate Apply a thick paste of sugar and butter and use it as a scrub for the lips. . Sugar helps in getting rid of unwanted dead cells on the lips and butter will help to improve the color and add gloss to the lips.
Turmeric scrub for shiny lips
Make a paste of turmeric powder and milk and apply it on the lips after cleaning the lips gently with a soft tooth brush. After 2-3 minutes rub it again with a soft tooth brush. Pat the lips with towel and apply a natural lip balm
Lemon Juice to lighten dark lips
Lemon is known for its natural bleaching properties and so is the best remedy to lighten dark lips. It can also remove dark patches and spots from the lips. Apply freshly squeezed lemon juice on the lips before sleeping.
Raspberry scrub for bubbly lips
Raspberry contains essential minerals and vitamins that make the lips vibrant and bubbly. Make a paste by mixing raspberry with aloe Vera and pure honey. Message and scrub the lips with this paste and rinse it off after 10 minutes.
Homemade strawberry lip balm for smooth lips
Apply a mixture of strawberry pub and petroleum jelly to get naturally smooth pink lips.
- Honey, Almond Oil and Sugar should be mixed together. Apply this mixture on the lips and massage it for 10 minutes.
- Coriander juice, carrot juice and mint juice are all beneficial for soft and pink lips.
- Apply milk cream that is got from boiled milk to moisturize the lips and keeps them soft.
- Raw potato rubbed on the lips helps to lighten the dark color.
Lip exercises for getting pink rose softy lips
1. Massage your lips daily with a lip cream(with vitamin E in it) before going to the bed.
2. Gently massage your laugh line with index fingers in upward stroke movement.
3. Put index fingers on the corners of your lips and massage clockwise and anti-clockwise.
4. Put index finger on the corner of your lips and this time massage by moving them inwards.
5. Clean your lips with a wet cotton pad. Apply a good quality lip balm on your lips and make sure that they give protection from the sun as well.
Last but definitely not the least, drink lots of water. That is the most simple and inexpensive way to make your lip look soft, supple, shiny and pink.
More tips to get rosy lips
- Dryness causes dark and pigmented lips. Keep the lips moisturized with natural balms made from Natural Beeswax, Cadillac Wax, Glycerin, Almond Oil and Vitamin E.
- Dry lips look dull and dark. Hydration makes the lips pinkish and gives a juicy look to them. Besides external hydration, internal hydration is important to keep the lips hydrated.
- Scrub the lips with natural ingredients on a regular basis. Sugar and butter is the best scrub for lips.
- Avoid dark color lipsticks as they can snatch the pinkish tinge from the lips. Some Lipsticks contain some sort of toxins that can harm the lips, hence always soft colors and branded lipstick.
- Nicotine causes darkening and discoloration of lips, hence it is best to give up smoking to get pink and healthy lips.
- Components of caffeine are known to blacken the lips so the consumption of tea and coffee must be limited.
- Exposure to sun can also lead to darkening of the lips due to the presence of excess melanin. Protection from these harmful rays should be done by using natural balms.
- Artificial cosmetics contain unhealthy chemicals that can harm the lips. Cosmetics containing Shea butter, pomegranate seeds, beetroot etc. are safer.
- Maintain a healthy diet that consists of a good amount of fruits and vegetables. Vitamin C naturally moisturizes the lips and reduces pigmentation.
- Chlorinated water also causes pigmentation of the lips and so contact with chlorinated water.
- Apply a layer of oil and leave it on for several hours. Leave it overnight for better results
- Mix coconut oil and almond oil in equal quantity. Apply a coat of this on the lips and leave on overnight. This has to be done daily for at least two weeks for best results.
- Massage lips: Prepare a mixture of 1/2 tsp. Glycerin, 1/2 tsp Castor oil with 1/2 tsp Lemon juice. Apply and leave overnight.
- Apply cream from curds with saffron on your lips.
- Take a toothbrush and rub on the lips slowly. This will wash out the dead skin cells from the outer surface of the lips. Use a soft bristled tooth brush for doing this.
- You can also use ice cubes present in your refrigerator. Take the ice cubes in a thin cloth and apply it on the lips to get pink lips.
- One more natural tip is use clove oil to massage on your lips. This gives pink lips.
Diet plays an important part in keeping the lips healthy… There are some vitamins which our not made by our body and absence of them results in development of laugh lines. Healthy and shiny lips can be maintained by including milk, butter, egg and green leafy vegetables in the diet. Regular massage on lips with lip cream will help in keeping the lips rosy pink. Uses of the homemade remedies are sure to help in the desired result of getting pink rosy lips.
All women dream of having pink and rosy lips. Pink lips enhance the brightness and beauty of their face . Lips are the most delicate part on the face which have no oil glands and they have a thin outer layer of the skin. Normally the lips stay soft and supple but due to certain factors like smoking, over exposure to sun’s rays, allergy, hormonal imbalance and age they tend to become dark in colour. In some cases heredity also plays an important role in having dark lips.
Steps to keep lips pink and rosy
Daily care of lips will help to keep them soft supple and rosy. Cleansing of the lips is the first step in lip care. The dirt and impurities on the lips need to be cleaned daily with rose water twice a day. Exfoliating the lips is the next step to scrub the lips and remove the dirt and dead skin cells. This can be done with a soft toothbrush dipped in honey. It can also be done by preparing a paste made with rose petals, honey , cucumber and milk. Apply this paste on the lips and scrub them gently to clear the impurities. Moisturizing of the lips is the next step to have beautiful pink lips. Lips can be moisturized with Vitamin E moisturizing creams and lip balms that do not contain any flavors. The last step in lip care is massaging the lips to increase the flow of blood. This gives a reddish look to the lips.
Home tips for pink rosy lips
It is a natural lip stainer that gives a beautiful pink color to the lips. The vitamins and antioxidants in beetroot also help to nourish the lips. Beetroot juice should be applied daily in the morning and evening .
Carrot juice is also a good ingredient like beetroot juice to give a pinkish colour to the lips. Extract the juice of carrots by grinding it and then soak a ball of cotton in the juice and apply it on the lips. The vitamin contents of carrots help to nourish the lips.
Roses are one of the best agents to nourish and hydrate the lips. It makes the lips look healthier brighter and provide them with a pinkish hue Make a paste of rose petals by grinding them and apply it on the lips
Cucumber helps to brighten the lips by lightening their color. Slices of cucumber should be rubbed daily on the lips in order to nourish them and give them a natural pink color.
Orange peel or rinds
These are found to be most effective in treating dark lips. Simply rub the peels of orange on the lips for a minute daily. Regular use for few weeks will brighten the lips with a pinkish tinge. Alternatively orange peels can be dried and grinded into powder. Mix the powder with some milk to form a paste. Apply this paste on the lips and leave it for 5 minutes to dry. Then wash it clean with cold water. Regular use of this treatment will help to lighten the tone of the lips and make them look soft and supple.
Vitamin E oil or vitamin E
Presence of it in any cream is a wonderful remedy to get soft and beautiful lips. Vitamin E is also available in the market in the form of capsules. It helps to hydrate the lips and maintain the natural color of the lips.
Milk cream is a perfect ingredient for lip care as it is full of nutrients and moisture that help to lighten the complexion of the lips. Place few rose petals in milk cream and leave it in the fridge for some time. Remove a rub them on the lips and leave them for about 20 minutes. Regular application of this mixture will make the lips pink in a few weeks.
Useful tips to lighten the dark lip color
- Smoking makes the lips dark so it should be avoided.
- Drinking excess of tea and coffee must be avoided as caffeine is an important factor to create dark lips.
- Continuous exposure of U.V rays results in dull lips, hence protection must be taken from the rays of the sun. Lip balm containing at least 15 SPF prevents the damage to the lips from the sun
- Licking lips make them dry and chapped and so must be avoided.
- Foods rich in vitamins and minerals nourish the skin and help to make the lips beautiful. These are found in most fruits and vegetables .
Ways to get pink rose soft lips naturally
Natural fruits are very essential to beautify your skin. One of such juicy fruit is known as pomegranate. You have to squeeze the juice out of the pomegranate seeds and apply it directly to your lips. After applying wait for some time and wash with simple cold water. This will help making the dark lips rosy.
Natural aloe vera gel
It is quite easy to get Aloe Vera plant at your home garden. Even over the streets you can find the same. For your lips a single leaf is more than enough. As soon as you cut the Aloe Vera leaf from the middle you can get the white color gel out of it. This can be little sticky but is really useful. You have to apply it over your lips and leave for 10 minutes. Then you can wash and remove.
You will be glad to know that the tastiest thing can become a medium for beauty treatment. Yes, the chocolate can help you get rosy lips. To make this remedy you would require half teaspoon of chocolate chips, a teaspoon of cocoa butter and a vitamin E capsule single one. Take a double boiler and melt the cocoa butter, chocolate chips and vitamin E capsule. Let it cool down and apply the mixture over your lips that have become dark and dull. The remedy will help making your lips beautiful and rosy.