The amount of oxygen content in our blood determines the rate we age in, and the how much energy we have. Breathing is the most important function which keeps us alive and makes our body work. We have been breathing all through our lives, but it is time that we give specific attention to how we breathe! In this article, we will discuss how breathing exercises can be done, for better health and to reduce weight. Wrong form of breathing can lower oxygen level and make us tired. This can get us stressful too!
When you have a sedentary lifestyle, for example, working at a place where you sit for hours in front of the desktop, it creates serious oxygen deficit. Have you even felt exhausted by watching too much of TV? Do you know why it is tiring? Lack of oxygen creates fatigue and it is directly proportionate to being still for long.
Oxygen is a flammable substance and speeds up other chemical reactions. When we have adequate oxygen in our body, we thin down the blood, and that lower blood pressure, and improve blood flow. This is also known to increase metabolism and kill calories! When oxygen level is improved and so does your metabolism, that is when you start burning calories. For example, being out in the open air is always better than being a stuffy room! Cool breezes increase metabolic rate and expend more energy. It keeps your body cool and clears your head too!
Breathing exercises for weight loss
You can reduce weight by breathing, only if you follow strict routine. Obesity comes with lack of physical activity and unhealthy habits, so getting rid of it, will take time too. Other than having a bad body structure, it is also related to diseases like diabetes and heart attacks. Try out these simple remedies for gaining a better weight with breathing exercises.
This is considered as one of the most effective remedies for weight loss! This needs deep breathing which in turn tones your muscles and makes them more flexible. For this, you have to engage your diaphragm and that increases your lung capacity. When you engage your diaphragm while breathing, the capacity of lungs expands! This happens to be an effective mat exercise which tones your abs and makes you thin. This form of breathing can be followed at any time of the day. This is known to improve digestion, if followed regularly. Help yourself get rid off the unwanted belly fat and make a happier weight!
- Lie down on your back – Using is a mat will be convenient.
- Start breathing and pay attention to your chest.
- Your stomach starts moving up and down.
- Keep breathing and let your breaths get deep, slowly and steadily. This is when you keep a tab on how you inhale and exhale.
This too is a good abdominal exercise which helps you lose weight. This is known as ‘pranayama’ in yoga. For this, you just need to spare about 20 minutes of your day, and see significant difference in weight, just in 1 month! Make sure you maintain consistency and stress well. It is not only known to burn down your calories but also to improve your hormonal imbalances. You start feeling less hungry and you are kept energized through the day.
- Sit on the floor or on your yoga mat.
- Keep your back straight. Beginners can lean on the wall, for support.
- Place palm on laps and slowly close your eyes.
- Stop thinking about everything that can probably hinder your exercise.
- Start breathing normally and then meditate.
- Keep meditating for about 4 minutes, after which you count from 1 to 4 as your inhale and the 1 to 6 while you exhale.
- Repeat for 10 minutes and then feel refreshed.
Shining the skull breathing
This is the best type of breathing exercise which can be followed for losing belly fast. This strengthens the abdominal muscles and reduces respiratory problems along with cold, allergies and eyestrain.
- Make sure that you sit comfortably, as you inhale.
- Hold on to your stomach muscles while you are exhaling.
- Repeat the same for about 30 seconds and then retrieve back to the normal posture,
- Breathe for 3 seconds and then repeat this thrice.
Stimulating breathing exercise
From the name, you can derive this exercise will stimulate your senses. This exercise keeps your mind acting for 1 while day and increases your strength. Thus, if you are going to repeat this everyday, you will be more relaxed and strong! These are basic of Tai Chi techniques and it also unwinds your muscles. This might be slightly more challenging than the rest, but it will be effective too!
- Sit on a chair and keep your back straight.
- Your mouth should be closed and relaxed.
- You will have to count numbers on your face and keep breathing.
- This will reduce stress from abdomen, lungs and chest.
- Practice this for 15 minutes every day and see significant difference in no time!
This technique focuses on diaphragm and the muscles below your lungs. It is one of the best yoga for weight loss. This is usually followed to better stamina and energy. This is also known to cure anxiety disorders. The best way to do this, is to maintain the breathing pattern all through the day. It is not very difficult, but you just have to keep your mind ticking!
- Sit on a chair, lie on your back or stand straight up!
- Calm your mind and let all the worries go away.
- Let go of every weary though that comes on your mind.
- Now take one hand on your tummy, and place thumb near belly button.
- Breathe deep but don’t less your chest rise.
- Let your abdomen expand and repeat.