Due to hectic work schedule, we often miss out to giving our body the necessary dose of exercise and healthy eating. We are always on the go, and that lets us pick up unhealthy routine and mess up our lifestyle a little more. We often take up bad habits like drinking and smoking as well, as we think that those relax our senses. But on the truest note, there is nothing that beats yoga and meditation when it comes to stress. Yoga postures are also followed to combat gastric issues, weight and it helps tone our body. In this article, we will specifically concentrate on some yoga postures which will help you reduce weight with regular practice and will also keep you less stressed.
Bridge pose (Setu bandh)
The bridge pose is known to strength the back muscles. It adds stretch to the chest, spine and neck. It also calms down your mind and reduces depression. Reduce possibility of thyroid and improve digestion. Practice this pose and make sure you hold the posture well.
- Take the yoga mat and lie on the back.
- Fold knees and keep feet and hip distant by spreading.
- Make sure that knees and ankles are straight.
- Place arms beside the body and let the palms face down.
- Inhale and slowly lift the back off floor.
- Roll shoulders so that your chest touches the chin and don’t bring the chin down.
- Support the weight of the body as that is how it is going to work.
- Your thighs should remain parallel.
- Hold the position as you breathe gently.
- Hold it as long as you can and then refrain to the starting position.
Bow pose (Dhanurasana)
Along with the weight loss remedy, this pose is known to strengthen back and abdominal muscles. It opens your neck, shoulders and chest, and also tones the arms and legs. Help your body stimulate the reproductive organs and feel from flexible and relieved. It is also known to reduce menstrual discomfort, constipation and kidney disorders.
- Lie down on your belly and rest hands beside the torso.
- Place the palms up
- Bend your knees so that your heels come closer to your buttocks. Keep exhaling at the stage.
- Use your hands to clasp the ankles and then like hip-width apart from maximum stretch.
- Inhale while you lift the heels away from the buttocks, and also lift the thighs above the floor.
- Press shoulder blades against the back to widen your chest.
- Look straight and keep breathing.
- Hold on to the position for 20 seconds and then retrieve to the initial posture.
- Lie for 10 seconds and repeat twice.
Wind-releasing pose (Pavanmuktasana)
This is a great remedy to relieve yourself from gastric issues. It helps you reduce weight and also tone legs and arms. Add power to the muscles at the back and abdomen. You also massage intestine and other organs with this simple yoga pose. Along with healthier digestive system, this is known to improve blood circulation and ease pain from joints and lower back.
- Lie down on your back. Keep your body straight and relax yourself before you start.
- Inhale and lift your legs.
- Bend knees at the same time because you have to clasp the legs with both hands. Press them against the stomach.
- Try to touch your chin with the knees and for this, you might have to bring you head a little forward.
- Retain the position for 20 seconds and then get back to the starting posture.
- Exhale while you get back to the initial stage and then repeat twice.
Cobra pose (Bhujangasana)
This is another yoga posture which stretches muscles and strengthens the shoulder. It is known to reduce stiffness from lower back and add strength to shoulders and arms. Add flexibility to your body and improve your mood. This is known to tone down your buttocks and invigorate the heart.
- Lie down on the ground and on your tummy.
- Let your forehead touch the ground, while you slowly bend your elbows.
- Place palms below the shoulders and keep them close to the body.
- Stretch feet so that the top touches the ground.
- Slowly start inhaling and make sure your arms are straightened.
- Raise your chest and continue till your upper body is high. You will form a curve and feel your buttocks and shoulder firmed.
- Retrieve back to the first position after you have held it for 20 seconds.
- Rest for 10 seconds and then repeat.
Triangle pose (Trikonasana)
This is comparatively tough to follow, but it comes with numerous health benefits along with stimulating weight loss. Add some more strength to your legs, arms, chest and ankles, and stretch open your hips, hamstrings, calves and hamstrings. This is known to improve your mental state and bring it equal to your physical condition. It also improves digestion and reduces anxiety.
- Take your yoga mat and step on it.
- Stand straight keeping hip-width apart.
- Turn left foot slightly to the right and keep right foot straight out.
- Make sure your thighs are firm.
- Exhale and extend your torso over the right leg. This will make you bend from hip joint.
- Now place the right hand on the floor towards outside the right foot and then stretch the left hand towards to ceiling.
- Make sure that the posture is straight, especially both the hands.
- You can choose to turn your head towards the ceiling for better effect.
- Hold it for 30 seconds and then come back to the starting position.
- Switch your hands and legs to repeat posture on the other side.