Back fat is hard to get rid off compared to stomach fat. You can even tone your arms and legs quickly and easily but back fat makes the process a little more time consuming and difficult. You will have to have some more patience and add some more time towards it, and that will be the perfect way to achieve slimmer back. In this article, we have listed some of the perfect yoga postures which will help you reduce your back fat. If you want to have a permanent solution, you should choose yoga for toning your body. It maintains you and adds more benefits than just slimming you down.
[ Hindi version ]
Ardha chandrasana (Half moon pose)
Half moon pose is one exercise to rightly hit the area for fat reduction. Apart from that, it is known to strengthen you ankles legs and knees. It reduces backache and makes your abdomen tight and tone. It also opens up your chest and shoulder and erects your spine. Improve your bowel movements and reduce stress with this exercise. It also improves your overall flexibility and helps balance body.
- Stand on your mat.
- Bring your right foot back so you create a low lunge with the left leg.
- Frame your hands towards the left foot.
- Place your right hand on right hip.
- Lift your right foot to straighten the leg behind you. This will make you balance your body with your left leg and left hand on floor.
- Look at your left hand.
- You have to feel your left leg engaging the muscles. Your kneecap should be lifted and anchor the four corners of left foot.
- Rotate back your right hip, putting it over your left hip. This is because your hips shouldn’t be parallel to the floor but parallel to the right wall of your room.
- Now, extend your right hand up and place your palm on the right side of your room.
- Lift shoulders out of the ears by gluing the shoulder blades on your back.
- Hold it for 5 deep breaths which take slowly.
- Retrieve back to the starting position just that way you came in.
- Repeat it on the opposite side.
Chakra-asana (Wheel pose)
This is another yoga posture which nurtures your organs and makes them flexible. This posture is known to make your liver, kidneys and pancreas stronger. It also makes the muscles of your hands and feet stronger. The best apart about reducing back fat is that it also aids on making your spinal cord more flexible. It improves our respiratory system and reduces chances of asthma. It is also prevents diabetes and lets stool pass properly.
- Lie on your back and inhale.
- While you exhale bend your knees and bring feet close to your hips.
- The sole of your feet should lie flat.
- Bends your arms at elbow and place them flat on floor, directly under the respective shoulders. Your fingers should point at the back.
- Inhale slowly and raise your head, back and hips off the floor. Arch your spine and press down with your hands and feet for support. Raise hips and stomach as high as possible.
- Hold your breath as long as you can, and then slowly exhale while returning to the first position.
- Repeat thrice.
Dhanurasana (Bow pose)
The bow pose is reduces back fat and strengthens it too. It stimulates reproductive organs and makes your sexual health better. It is also good for opening up chest, shoulders and neck, so you get greater flexibility. It is apt for reducing stress or starting off for a hectic day. It sets your menstrual dates right and reduces constipation.
- Lie on the mat or on floor with you stomach facing the ground.
- Place feet and hip wide apart.
- Place arms by your side.
- Fold knees and hold the ankles.
- While you inhale, lift your chest from the ground and slowly pulls legs back.
- Look in front and smile – the curve of your lips should match your body!
- Keep the pose as long as you can hold your breath.
- Take long and deep breaths and then retrieve back to the pose.
- Repeat thrice and don’t overdo initially.
Trikonasana (Triangle pose)
The triangle pose makes you stretch your hips, groins, hamstrings, shoulders, calves, spine and chest! This adds total flexibility to your body and makes it strong too. Help yourself improve digestion and reduce anxiety! This pose is of course another amazing exercise for killing back fat with ease.
- Stand on the mat or floor.
- Separate your feet wide apart for about 4 feet.
- Turn right foot at 90 degrees whereas left at 15 degrees.
- Align center of right heel with arch the middle of the arch of left foot.
- Make sure that your feet touch the ground and support the weight of your body.
- Take deep breath for inhaling.
- While you exhale, try to bend the body towards the right, downward from your hips and keep waist straight.
- Let your left hand come straight up while right hand touches the floor.
- Make sure that both arms are straight.
- Rest right hand on your ankle or floor outside the right foot. You shouldn’t distort the sides of your waist!
- Stretch left arm towards the ceiling and align it with your shoulders.
- You can keep your head straight or turn left towards the left palm.
- Make sure that body is bent to the side and not forward or backward. This posture will open your pelvis and chest wide open.
- Stretch as much as you can and stay steady. Take deep breaths over and over again.
- While you exhaling each time, make your body relax than what it was before.
- While your inhale, come up and bring arms down to the sides.
- Straighten your feet and then repeat on the other direction.
Makara adho mukha svanasana (Dolphin plank pose)
This happens to be a difficult yoga posture, but tends to work the best. If you are flexible enough to follow it, you might just increase the possibility of reducing back fat. This posture is known to relieve you from headache and fatigue as well. It makes your arms and legs stronger and tones your abdominal muscles. This is also known to improve digestion and relieve menstrual problems.
- Get on your fours.
- Inhale and lift your hips.
- Keep your knees and elbows straight.
- You will slowly form an inverted V shape.
- Your hands and shoulders stay width apart.
- Your feet and hips should be width apart and parallel to each other.
- Point your toes straight.
- Press hands down and widen shoulder blades.
- Lengthen neck to touch ears with inner arms.
- This will get you to the Adho Mukha Svanasana of downward dog pose.
- From here you slowly shift weight of body in front.
- Make sure that your shoulders are aligned with wrists.
- Lower your arms till forearm touches the floor.
- Press your arms to the floor.
- Keep legs straight and place heels above toes.
- Look at the floor and hold the posture.
- Keep back and knees straight.
- Palms can face each other, if possible!
- While inhaling, pull abdominal muscles in and then relax.
- Hold the posture as long as possible and then retrieve to Adho Mukha Svanasana.
[ Hindi version ]