Why do freckles appear?
According to the Dermatologists, freckles occur due to the hyperpigmentation in the skin. Hyperpigmentation is caused by an increase in Melanin. The most common reasons behind this can be genetic, over exposure to the sun and hormonal imbalance.
There are many treatments available. These treatments can be very expensive and may cause skin damage and many other side effects. Removing freckle spots with the help of nature have been a popular method from ancient times. The ingredients are easily available; these remedies are almost free of any side effects. Success is almost guaranteed.
Nature’s army to rescue
Lemons have been widely used in herbal cosmetics as powerful bleaching agents. Lemon extracts makes the spots fade and brightens the skin.
- Cut a fresh lemon into thin slices. Place them on the top of your face and other affected areas. Let your skin soak the juice for 10-15 minutes. Then remove the slices and wash your face with lukewarm water.
- Squeeze out fresh lemon juice. Soak a cotton swab into the juice. Daub it properly on your skin for 2 minutes. Let it dry for 15 minutes. Wash it off with warm water. Do not forget to use a moisturizer after this procedure.
- Make your own lemon scrub. Sprinkle some granulated salt on a flat slice of lemon. Scrub your face with it.
- You can also use 1 teaspoon of sugar. Mix it with 2 tablespoons of lemon juice to make a lemon face. Use a cotton ball to apply it on to your skin.
Honey contains useful enzymes which can clean the unsightly dark patches from your skin. It also works as a moisturizer.
- Heat some honey in a container. The enzymes get activated due to heating. Apply it all over the patches. Relax until it dries. Wash it off thoroughly with warm water. Continue this method for several months.
- Make a face pack using germinated wheat and honey. Use it daily and leave it for 10 minutes. Lastly wash it with cold water. Try this twice or thrice in a week.
- Mix honey with some lemon juice, add a pinch of salt to this mixture. Apply once or twice daily. Whereas lemon bleaches but dries the skin, honey works as a moisturizer.
Unleash the power of fruits
Like honey, some fruits too contain enzymes which reduce the level of Melanin.
- Berries’ extracts are extensively used in skin whitening and anti-freckle spots costemics.hydroquinone and Arbutin are found in Bear berries, also known as Uva Urvasi.These components are wonderful skin whiteners and cause freckles to fade. Bear berry extracts can be mixed with mashed papaya or oatmeal powder for best results.
- Mulberry extracts also contains the same components as bear berries. Apply mulberry juice on your skin or drink it to get a freckle-free smooth skin.
- Mash fresh currants (preferably unripe) and mix it with a little amount of honey (unpasteurized).This mixture works wonders on freckles.
- Papaya contains papain which is a tyrosinase inhibitor. Inhibiting tyrosinase curbs hyperpigmentation.It also has exfoliates the skin, produces new cells in lieu of it. Rub the papaya flesh on your skin; leave it for about 20 minutes. Rinse afterwards with lukewarm water.
- Mash fresh strawberries, kiwis, mix it with grind apricots to make a fruit mask. Apply and leave it until it dries. Peel the mask off. Wash thoroughly. You can replace kiwi with cucumber or Aloe Vera as well.
- Finely chopped parsley with currant extracts and orange juice also make a useful cure for freckles.
- Mix banana mint leaves with mashed banana. Use it once daily for quick results.
- Sugarcane has glycolic acid which another exfoliant.You can mix molasses with olive oil or almond oil. Mix these well. Gently apply on your skin and wash after sometime
- The sulfur in onions is an exfoliant.It removes the dead skin cells and help to produce new cells. Your face looks refreshed. Extract the onion juice from chopped onions. Add a few drops of apple cider vinegar to it. Apply this liquid all over the spots. Leave it for 30 minutes and wash it afterwards.
- Boiled chickpeas and mashed potatoes with a dash of honey or lime juice can also make a useful face pack for freckles.
- Rub fresh juicy slices of eggplant on your skin. It is a less known but brilliant cure for removing brown spots.
Horse radish root is a great source of ascorbic acid which is another tyrosinase inhibitor. Chop some horse radish and mix it with a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar. Use this mixture 3 times a week.
Dairy products for removing spots
Sour milk and sour cream
It contains lactic acid. This is a tyroinase inhibitor and also works as a skin toner.
- Wash your face directly with sour milk 3-4 four times a day daily.
- Use sour cream as a face mask. Peel it off after 15-20 minutes. Wash with cold water afterwards. Continues to apply this method for a year.
Buttermilk and yogurt
- Apply buttermilk raw on your face on mix it with 1 tsp lime juice and then apply.
- You can also mix yellow mustard paste with buttermilk. It is a well-known cure for freckles. It also brings a glow to your skin.
- Anoint yogurt mixed with lemon juice or sour cream on your face daily.
You can use Kojic acid (a by-product of a Japanese rice wine called Sake) as well if you want a quick solution to your freckles.
- Mix 1 tsp of Sake with 1 tsp of honey and yogurt each. Make a paste. Apply it thoroughly on your skin. Relax for about 30 minutes. Clean the paste with cold water.
Things to remember
- Even these 100% natural products are not absolutely safe for everyone. Make sure you are not allergic to any of the ingredients mentioned above. The fruits and vegetables have to be fresh.
- It has already been mentioned before that over exposure to sun is one of the main causes of freckles. These remedies will work only when you protect your skin from sun rays. Sunscreen lotion with SPF 30 is highly recommended.
- Wash your skin properly after using each of this method.
- Skin care not merely skin deep. Your skin needs nourishment from inside as well to flourish from outside. Include a lot of green vegetables, fruits in your diet. Avoid junk foods. Drink plenty of water everyday.
- Last but not the least, have patience. Home remedy is not a rocket science. Do not overuse these procedures to obtain quick results. This may cause more harm than good.