Low blood pressure is the most common blood pressure in the arteries. It is also known as hypotension and occurs when the pressure of the blood is abnormally low. Blood pressure can be recorded as the systolic pressure (nothing but heart beat) over the diastolic pressure (time between two beats). The consistent blood pressure is 90/60 mm Hg. If it is lower than the consistent blood pressure then it is considered as low blood pressure.
People with low blood pressure are generally suggested to stop the consumption of alcohol beverages and high carbohydrate foods like rice, potatoes, pasta and bread. And they are also suggested to increase the intake of salt and fluids, but before going to add extra salt amounts to your food consult your doctor. The type of treatment of low blood pressure relies on the accurate cause, but however you can try some simple homemade remedies to dull down the symptoms.
Some people won’t face any symptoms due to no underlying conditions. Thus, there is no treatment for these kind of symptoms. But, sometimes this leads to an insufficient supply of blood to the brain and other vital organs, there we need medical attention. Common symptoms of hypotension are as follows.
- Blurred vision
- Pale skin
- Shortness of breath
- Increased thirst
- Irregular heartbeat
- Medications (for high BP or any other treatments)
- Heart attack
- Dehydration (Due to sweating or diarrhea)
- Severe infection, allergic reaction
- Heart failure and problems
- Fainting or nutritional deficiencies
Certain kinds of medications like beta blockers, alpha blockers, antidepressants, diuretics and others can also give results to low blood pressure.
Homemade remedies to treat low blood pressure
Salt is the best source of sodium, which helps to treat the low blood pressure. Drink the salt water to alleviate the low blood pressure symptoms. However, excess amounts are not recommended because it was proven as unhealthy. Just mix a tablespoon of salt in a glass of water and drink it. You can also choose the sports beverages.
To maximize the low blood pressure temporarily, drinking caffeine products which are a good solution. Try to drink a cup of coffee, cola, hot chocolate or any other caffeinated products to help your health condition. Consume a cup of coffee in the morning of your day start if you are a person who often suffering with low blood pressure. You can also sip it while having your meals, but it is not recommended for the long term use because it may lead to some other health issues.
With the presence of rich vitamin C, pantothenic acid and trace minerals like potassium and magnesium holy basil is very beneficial to treat the low blood pressure. It is also believed to regulate the mind and to minimize the stress.
Get a handful of holy basil leaves and crush them to extract the juice. Add this juice with one tablespoon of honey and drink it on the empty stomach. Alternatively chew few basil leaves daily in the morning.
Beetroot juice helps to give relief from both the high blood pressure and low blood pressure. Drink two cups of beet-root juice daily for two weeks to watch the difference.
Almonds and milk
Almond is the power house of rich nutrients, vitamins and minerals. It is good to improve the overall health. This is another traditional remedy you can try to control the low blood pressure. Take five or six almonds and soak them in water for a whole night, in the following day, peel off the almonds and grind them to make a smooth paste. Add this paste to a cup of boiling milk and drink the solution. To get the best results, try drinking this concoction in the morning hours on an empty stomach.
Best remedies of low blood pressure
A hypotension treatment depends on the cause, as chronic hypotension as it results from an allergic reaction or infection that needs immediate medical attention.
- Blood transfusions and intravenous fluids can be treated as blood loss.
- Consult your doctor, if medication is the cause of hypotension.
- Increase your intake of fluids and minerals that cures dehydration. Drink plenty of 6 – 8 glasses of water a day that helps to avert dehydration as low blood pressure.
- You should maintain a proper movement for leg with a crossing thigh just like scissors that helps to relief from leg movements and can result in good blood flow.
Immediate treatments of mild hypotension as you can add electrolytes to the diet that can improve your condition.
- One should consume sodium that helps to replace with an electrolytes and are lost due to the dehydration. This helps to get proper blood pressure. For this, you should drink a glass of freshly squeezed lemon juice with a pinch of salt and sugar.
- Herbs such as cinnamon, pepper, turmeric, and ginger helps to raise blood pressure and helps in the functioning of the kidneys.
- Practice yoga that can help to calm the mind and improves blood circulation, balances autonomous nervous system.