Eyes are one of the most important facial features that are responsible for beautiful looks. With ageing, wrinkles appear around the eyes like the entire face.
But due to various causes such as smoking, nutritional habits, genetics and stress etc., wrinkles appear at a young age too. With the below mentioned homemade masks you can reduce the appearance of wrinkles naturally.
Top homemade eye masks for wrinkles
- Whole Milk (Cold) eye pack
- Watermelon and sour cream eye pack
- Dill and cilantro eye pack
- Oatmeal flour and warm milk eye pack
- Pineapple yogurt and honey eye mask
- Butter and banana eye mask
- Mashed potato and olive oil eye mask
- Rowan berry, egg and cream eye mask
- Grapes and yogurt eye pack
- Fenugreek eye mask
The lactic acid present in milk makes your skin soft and firm and helps in reducing wrinkles.
- 1-2 tbsp Chilled Whole milk
- Soak a cotton pad in cold milk, rub it around your eyes, and keep for 15 minutes.
- Wash with tepid water, pat dry.
- Apply it daily for quick results.
Watermelon is very helpful in hydrating and tightening your skin, while sour cream reduces the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines.
- 1 tbsp watermelon pulp
- 1 tbsp sour cream
- Make a smooth paste by mixing both the ingredients in equal quantity.
- Apply it around your eyes and leave it undisturbed for 20 minutes.
- Rinse with normal water and pat dry.
A mixture of dill and cilantro gives your skin a natural glow, reduces and controls the growth of wrinkles.
- 1 tbsp dill paste
- 1 tbsp cilantro paste
- 1 cup hot water
- Mix cilantro and dill paste in a bowl and add 1 glass hot water to it.
- Take two cotton pads dip it in the mixture, soak well and place the eye pads on your eyes.
- Leave the eye pads untouched for the next 10 minutes and replace the eye pads with fresh ones after 10 minutes.
- Wash off with warm water after another 10 minutes are completed.
- Apply this pack 2-3 times a week for better results.
Oatmeal flour has anti skin-ageing properties due to which it is very beneficial in reducing the visibility of wrinkles.
- 1 tbsp oatmeal flour
- 1 tbsp warm milk
- In a bowl take 1 tbsp oatmeal flour and add warm milk to it until you get a smooth and sticky paste.
- Apply it around your eyes and leave for 20 minutes.
- Rinse with cold water, pat dry.
- Follow this process for 2-3 times a week to get rid of wrinkles and fine lines.
Due to the natural healing elements present in the mixture of yogurt honey and pineapple it not only reduces wrinkles but soothes and hydrates the skin.
- ½ teaspoon yogurt
- ½ teaspoon honey
- ½ cup pineapple pulp paste
- In a bowl mix all the three ingredients in mentioned quantities.
- Spread the mask evenly on entire eye area.
- Leave it to dry for 10 minutes.
- Wash with tepid water and pat dry.
This mask reduces the appearance of fine wrinkles around your eyes and hydrates the skin. Banana also contains natural properties which make our skin look youthful.
- 1 tablespoon mashed banana
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Combine 1 tablespoon banana and 1 tablespoon butter (warm) in a bowl and mix well.
- Apply the mask under and around the eyes.
- Wash off with lukewarm water after 15 minutes, pat dry.
Potato has skin tightening elements and also reduces premature skin ageing. When mixed with olive oil it provides great nourishment to your skin.
- 2-3 tablespoon mashed potato
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Mix olive oil and mashed potatoes till you get a thick paste.
- Apply the paste near your eyes and leave it for 15-20 minutes.
- Wash with cold water and pat dry.
Rowan berry contains skin tightening and other essential nutrients. Eggs also have anti wrinkle properties.
- 4-5 blended rowan berries
- 1 raw egg
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Take blended rowan berries in a bowl and add egg, sour cream and honey in mentioned quantity.
- Mix all the ingredients thoroughly.
- Apply it evenly under your eyes and surrounding area.
- Wash off with warm water after 30 minutes, pat dry.
Grapes are great anti oxidants and contain beneficial anti wrinkle and skin lifting elements. Mixing it with yogurt rejuvenates and nourishes our skin.
- 4-5 finely mashed grapes
- 1 teaspoon yogurt
- Mix mashed grapes and honey thoroughly in a bowl.
- Apply this mixture around your eyes and leave for 10-15 minutes.
- Wash with tepid water and pat dry.
Fenugreek has been used since ancient times for various skin treatments. It contains several natural elements which help in eliminating fine lines and wrinkles.
- 5-10 gram Fenugreek leaves
- Water (as per requirement)
- Take 5gm-10 gm (handful) fenugreek leaves and put it in a blender.
- Add water to it as per requirement and make a paste.
- Apply this paste on your face.
- Rinse with tepid water after 10 minutes and pat dry.