Salt is a grainy substance and it is the best for skin application. You can even call this a detoxifying skin cleansing agent and it works great in making the skin get rid of the dead skin cells and appear so bright and natural. Salt can rid your skin from all the impurities and in the way you feel so fresh. You can well collect the Dead Sea salt and this is available with all the essential minerals. The kind of salt is all the more perfect in causing skin toning and skin exfoliation. This is the perfect reviving agent for the human skin.
Would like to play with some new scrubs that are prepared from the salt! Yes, it is salt, the main tasting agent of many dishes not only helps our taste buds but also our overall skin. These homemade salt based scrubs can be used to scrub your face, hands, legs and foot, prepared with no heavy cost and takes less time even.
Oatmeal and sea salt
- Two cups sea salt
- Half cup oatmeal
- Half cup olive oil
- Half cup grapeseed oil
- 7-10 drops of patchouli essential oil
How to make
- Pour two cups of sea salt in a bowl and add it olive oil, grapeseed oil, patchouli essential oil and cooked oatmeal.
- Mix all the ingredients well together, exchange the mixture to an airtight glass jar.
- Take half a tablespoon of this paste and scrub it over your face for one or two minutes.
- Rinse off with normal water and pat.
You can use this scrub for the overall body to make it soothing and relaxing.
Peppermint and sea salt foot scrub
- One cup sea salt
- 15-20 drops peppermint oil
- One cup Epsom salt
- One tablespoon tea tree oil
- One cup baking soda
How to make
- Pour all the above ingredients in a glass jar and shake them for few seconds in order to mix all the ingredients.
- Take some amount from the jar and scrub it on your foot, this will exfoliate the skin, removes the dead skin particles and makes it clean and smooth.
- Try it out for once in a week.
Sea salt and vitamin E scrub
- One cup sea salt
- One tablespoon honey
- Four vitamin E capsules
- Half cup aloe vera baby oil
How to make
- Mix sea salt, honey and aloe vera baby oil in a bowl.
- Break open the vitamin E capsules and wring them to collect the vitamin E oil from it.
- Add this oil to the above mixture and mix well.
- Now use it as a general scrub on your face and overall skin.
Try using soy oil instead of aloe vera baby oil, adding a few drops of jasmine or lavender oil will pep up the smell of the scrub.
Lavender and sea salt scrub
- Half cup sea salt
- 6-8 drops of lavender oil
- One tablespoon of dried lavender blossoms
- Two vitamin E capsules
- Four to five tablespoons of sweet almond oil
How to make
- Place the sea salt in a glass jar
- Add it four or five tablespoons of sweet almond oil as per thickness.
- Break open the vitamin E capsules and mix it with the salt mixture.
- Finally add dried lavender blossoms and lavender oil.
- Mix them all and use it.
Sea salt and extra virgin oil
- Three tablespoons of sea salt
- Three tablespoons of extra virgin oil
How to make
- Pour sea salt and extra virgin oil in a bowl, mix both of them together and store in a glass container.
- Take half a tablespoon of this scrub and rub it in the circular motions before rinsing off.
Olive oil and salt
You can start with an olive oil and salt scrub. This is the simplest recipe you can get hold of. On application of this recipe your skin is made to feel so soft. Now you are sure to have the correct exfoliation and you feel so energized.
To make the recipe you need to collect sea salt. You also need to have extra virgin olive oil. These are the essentialities you need to have to form the recipe.
You need to take equal measures of salt and oil and the mixing should be done in a way that the oil soaks up the salt completely. This is the best element you can use for absolute body scrubbing. After you have applied it all over the skin you need to wash off the same with alternate use of cold and warm water. The last splashing should be done with cold water. After you have made your skin dry it is time that you soften the skin with the application of a moisturizer or toner.
Lemon, orange juice and salt
Salt also goes well with citrus orange juice. The citrus component causes perfect skin stimulation. It even helps in ideal skin toning and the salt is required for the process of skin exfoliation. You can even apply lemon juice to the same to cause perfect skin brightening. This is the way you are sure to appear so clean and perfect.
To make the recipe you need to take two tablespoons of sea salts. You need to extract the juice from half fresh orange and half fresh lemon. Both the juices are good for the skin.
First you need to extract the juice of both lemon and orange. Then add salt to both the juices and mix everything together to form a smooth paste. In case you feel that more juice is required you can apply in order to create the required consistency. This is a sweet scrub and you need to apply it well on all parts of the body. The process should be gentle and effective. At the time of washing the skin make sure to use cold and warm water alternately. After you have dried the skin please apply moisturizer to prevent the skin from becoming dry.
Rose oil and sea salt
You can even make a homemade salt scrub using rose oil. You can call this an antiseptic or an essential oil. The oil is extremely invigorating and it is perfect for the sort of skin texture you have. This is the preferred skin exfoliating agent you can use for a dry and matured skin. It is also the best solution for sensitive skin texture. The recipe will help in perfect skin exfoliation and help you appear so fresh and glowing.
To make the recipe you need one tablespoon of rose oil. To add to this you are also in need of half tablespoon of sea salt.
You need to take all the ingredients and you should keep on mixing till the salt gets soaked in the oil. In case you feel that more ingredients are required you can add as par necessity. Take the mixture and scrub on the face and on all parts of the body in circular motions. Then it is time that you rinse off the scrub by alternate use of cold and warm water. After you have dried the skin well you need to apply moisturizer to make the texture feel so soft and nourishing. This is a great way you can exfoliate and look after the skin at the same time.