In case popping the pimple is absolutely necessary, the pros take the proper way of doing it. The first thing about safely popping a pimple involves waiting for the right time.
Once the tip of the pimple has become white the professionals might complete the job of popping it with sterile needle and a comedone extractor which prevents the spilling of any infected content from the pimple in the nearby area.
Also ensures that the whole gunk from the ruptured pimple is removed. They also make sure to wear gloves so that they do not happen to infect the pimple in anyway. So, if popping a pimple or zit is necessary, it is best to get it done by the professionals.
Well, after discussing the pros and cons in your mind over a thousand times you are finally going to pop a pimple, though it is not recommended. In that case, at least make sure that you do it safely.
How to pop pimples safely
Here are the steps that you should follow if you are absolutely going to pop a pimple.
- Needle or pin
- Cotton bud
- Wait until the pimple is matured enough and there is a firm white pus filled tip to the pimple.
- This indicates that the pus is close to the surface and can be drained.
- Trying to pop a pimple that is not matured can lead to several complications and will also increase the pain and inflammation on the skin.
- If the pimple is not matured enough, the pus will not reach close to the surface from where it can be drained and hence your chance of pushing the pus inside the follicle while trying to pop it, is maximum.
- Do not disturb any immature pimple give it sufficient time to reach the right stage to pop safely.
- Wash your hands thoroughly with a soap and follow with a hand hand-sanitizer.
- Make sure that your fingernails are also cleaned and sanitized before you touch the pimple.
- If available, wearing sanitized gloves is the safest way to not to infect the pimple with the bacteria of your hands.
- You need to use a needle or pin to pop the pimple but before that you should sterilize it in the right way.
- Burn the tip of the pin or needle under flame for 2-3 minutes.
- Once it is cold, rub it off with alcohol.
- Rub some alcohol or sterilizer on the pimple as well as in the nearby area to ensure that there are no bacteria that can get into the ruptured pimple.
- Now hold the needle parallel to your skin surface and pierce the very tip of the pimple with it.
- Take caution to no to pierce the pimple deep in anyway.
- Just pierce the tip and it will make enough opening for the pus to come out.
- Once you have pierced the pimple, now rub a little alcohol on your fingers and press the pimple gently from the sides.
- You can also take some cotton on your fingers and press the sides of the pimple gently.
- You should not be pressing the tip or the pimple itself in anyway this will only force the gunk of the pimple to get deep into the skin pore.
- Press from the sides and the pus will come out easily if the pimple was matured enough.
- Remove the pus gently with fresh cotton swab and dab a little of disinfectant or diluted alcohol in the area.
- Follow with application of an antibacterial ointment, which will ensure that the ruptured pimple scab is not infected.
Let us point out once again that rupturing a pimple on the skin is not safe. However, if you have to do it in anyway, consult a pro. Otherwise, at least follow the above steps to pop the pimple safely.
Follow with an anti—Pimple skin care routine
To save yourself from the pain of dealing with a pimple, it is best to follow an effective anti-pimple routine. Cleaning and scrubbing your face routinely with anti-pimple products ingredients can be of best help to keep pimples away.