Papaya can do wonders for your skin. You can use it in facial packs to get fairer, acne free and clear skin. When you are looking for an effective homemade, side effect free face pack to get rid of skin concerns like, sun tan, pimples, uneven skin tone and dullness, papaya face packs can come into the play as your best friend. Papaya contains a unique enzyme, papain, which promotes natural skin exfoliation and thus improves the cell turnover rate.
Higher turnover rate of skin cells not only helps in healing the scars and acne marks quickly but also improves hydration retention ability of the skin, promoting overall better skin health and texture. Read on to know how to use papaya to make the best papaya face packs for fairness, pimples, acne and clear skin.
14Papaya and lime juice for fairness
Any citrus fruit is great for bleaching unwanted patches and creating an anti-bacterial tonic to help combat acne.
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Pulverize one chunk of papaya into a paste before diluting with 1 tablespoon of fresh lime juice.
- Apply evenly to the face and wash away after leaving it sit for 20 minutes.
13Papaya and avocado for glowing skin
- Blend equal quantities of avocado and papaya together to create a smooth paste.
- Apply to the face and leave for 20 minutes before rinsing away.
- The avocado will ensure that you get a natural and healthy glow.
12Papaya and banana for fairness
Consuming bananas are known to be packed with properties that are great for the skin. If you want to pack an extra punch, then add it to a papaya face pack!
- Blitz equal amounts of peeled banana with papaya until a paste is formed.
- Apply in an even layer to the face and leave for 20 minutes before washing.
11Papaya and sandalwood for fair skin
If you are unfamiliar with sandalwood, then you may have been missing out on a very simple but effective remedy. Sandalwood powder is packed with anti-viral, anti-inflammatory and astringent properties which are all great for the overall health of the skin. Sandalwood powder can be bought from most reputable health shops.
- 1 teaspoon sandalwood powder
- By mashing together a teaspoon of sandalwood powder with papaya puree you will form a beneficial face pack that can be left on the skin for 20 minutes before washing away.
- Repeat frequently for the best results.
10Papaya with yogurt, banana and apple
This may sound like a smoothie recipe, but it will deliver an instant glow to even the dullest complexion!
- 1 apple
- 1 banana
- Mix together half a papaya with 1 apple and 1 banana until a puree is formed and then add in 2 tablespoons of yogurt.
- Apply and leave on the face for around 20 minutes before washing off.
Papaya face packs for fairness
A fairer and brighter skin can always add to your looks. The best thing about the papaya face packs for fairness is that they are completely natural and hence they have no side effects. Papaya face packs can work effectively to remove sun tan and also to lighten the uneven pigmentation on the skin, which can add to the overall skin quality. Some of the best papaya face packs for fairness include,
9Papaya and milk fairness pack
Raw milk has natural properties that help in lightening excess pigmentation on the skin. The nutrients present in milk also help in hydrating and nourishing the skin. You can easily prepare a papaya and milk fairness face pack at home by mixing ripe papaya with raw cow milk.
- 3 teaspoons milk
- Smash 2 medium sized cubes of ripe papaya into a smooth paste and then add 3 spoons of milk to it.
- Mix the two well and then apply on your clean skin.
- Let it set for 20 minutes and then start rubbing it slowly with your damp hands.
- Massage the pack lightly on the skin for 2-3 minutes and then wash off with plenty of water.
8Papaya and tomato pack for fairness
The other easy fairness pack you can prepare at home with papaya is a papaya-tomato face pack. Tomato has lycopene which is an effective antioxidant and works best as a tan removal agent. However, do not use this pack if you have allergy from tomato.
- Take two medium sized cubes of ripe papaya and half of a tomato.
- Mix the two together in a blender and you will end up with a homogenous mixture.
- First, massage this pack onto your face and neck area for 4-5 minutes and then apply an even layer covering the whole of the face.
- Let the pack stand at least for 15-20 minutes and the wash off with water, rubbing with your hands.
7Papaya and liquorice quick fairness pack
Liquorice has been used in Ayurveda for centuries for lightening skin tone and to reduce excess pigmentation. Liquorice is an effective natural ingredient that can actually reduce the amount of melanin on your skin.
- 2 teaspoons papaya
- 1 inch liquorice root
- Take one inch liquorice root and grind it to a smooth paste.
- Add 1/2 spoon of liquorice paste with 2 spoons of smashed papaya.
- Increase the amount if needed, maintaining the same proportions.
- Apply the pack directly onto your face and let it set for not more than 10-15 minutes and then wash off with plenty of water.
Papaya face pack for clear skin
To get clear and brighter skin papaya can work efficiently. As it invigorates the cellular regeneration process hence naturally it helps in getting a clearer skin tone. Try out the next papaya face packs to get a clear skin,
6Papaya and honey face pack for clear skin
Honey is a natural humectant and healer. It also has mild bleaching properties and germicidal effects. A pack made from papaya and honey can efficiently work to give you a clearer and problem free skin.
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Smash two ripe papaya cubes to make a smooth paste.
- Add 2 spoons of honey to it and mix well.
- Massage the resulting pack onto your face for 3-5 minutes at first and then apply it lavishly making an even layer.
- Let it set for 20-30 minutes and then wash off with plenty of water.
5Get clear skin with papaya and Aloe Vera face pack
Aloe Vera is rich in Vitamin E and other skin nourishing nutrients. It can heal the damaged skin and infuse new life into it with regular application.
- 2 teaspoons Aloe Vera gel
- 2 teaspoons papaya
- Prepare a Papaya-Aloe Vera face pack at home by mixing 2 spoons of fresh Aloe Vera gel prepared from Aloe Vera leaves with 2 spoons of ripe papaya paste.
- First massage your skin with the pack for 5 minutes and then apply it evenly onto your face.
- Leave on for 30 minutes and then rub your face lightly with damp hands and finally wash off with water and pat dry.
4Papaya and Fuller’s earth for clear skin
Fuller’s earth is a natural clay that can deliver a lot of minerals to the skin and can be effective in controlling excess oil. If your skin problem is related with excess oil on the face, try out this skin clear face pack made with papaya and Fuller’s earth.
- 2 teaspoons fuller’s earth
- Soak some fuller’s earth in sufficient water until soft.
- Take two medium sized green papaya cubes and smash them together with 2 spoons of the softened fuller’s earth.
- Use a blender to get a homogenous mixture.
- Apply the resulting pack onto your face and neck in an upward direction and let it get at least 80% dry before washing off with water.
Papaya face pack for acne and pimples
Papain present in papaya helps in skin exfoliation which at one hand helps in controlling acne and pimples, on the other, helps in lightening any scar or marks left by acne or pimples. If you are suffering from these irritating skin conditions try out the below mentioned face masks for the best results.
3Papaya and neem face pack for acne
Neem is known for its natural antibacterial properties. When you are suffering from problems like acne and pimples, there can be hardly any other natural ingredient that can give you better result than neem. While neem will ensure that the acne is dried up quickly, papaya will work on removing the scars and marks left by acne.
- Green papaya
- Neem leaves
- Boil a handful of neem leaves in 1 cup of water until it gets half.
- Strain the leaves and separate the liquid.
- Take 2 cubes of green papaya and blend them with the neem extract to get a homogenous pack.
- Apply it onto your face and leave on until it gets 50% dry.
- Wash off with plenty of water.
- Repeat daily for best results.
2Papaya and turmeric pack for pimple cure
Tired with acne and pimples? Worry no more. Incorporate this papaya-turmeric face pack in your daily skin care routine and see the difference. Turmeric is known for its natural anti-bacterial properties and it also works along with papaya to remove any unnatural pigmentation on the skin.
- Take 2 inches of turmeric root and grind it to make a smooth paste.
- Add the turmeric paste with ripe papaya cubes and blend to make a smooth pack.
- First massage the pack lightly onto your face for 2-3 minutes and then apply it all over your face.
- Let it set for 20 minutes and then wash off with water.
1Papaya, cucumber and lemon juice pack for acne
Cucumber is very soothing for the skin and it helps in reducing the redness as well as the inflammation of pimples and acne. Lemon juice works as an astringent and helps in healing the acne quickly. You should prepare this pack with green papaya.
- Green papaya
- 3 teaspoons cucumber juice
- half spoon lemon juice
- Smash two medium sized green papaya cubes to make a paste.
- Take half of a cucumber, grate it and squeeze out the juice.
- Add 3 spoons of the cucumber juice with the papaya paste and finally add 1/2 spoon of lemon juice to the pack.
- Apply it directly onto the acne affected skin and let it stand for 10 minutes before washing off with plenty of water.