An individual developing pimples on his/her face finds its quite difficult to wipe it away even after few years. The acne scars very stubborn which hardly could move away even after using variety of expensive creams and moisturizers. But, your grandmother must have mentioned about variety of home remedies that can easily remove scars and acne from your face completely. Many people might not have taken those statements seriously but today, home remedies are getting great popularity in the market. You would absolutely have the home remedies through which the scar marks will become lighter.
Acne scars are definitely something every girl wants to get rid of. Until recent times there was no permanent solution to get rid of acne scars. But all thanks to the changing technology today we have innumerable treatments to cure these scars once and for all. While blemishes, for some people, depends on hereditary components or skin hue, precautions can be taken to avert scars and treatments are accessible to considerably reduce scarred skin’s appearance.
Are you looking out for productive remedies to heal acne blemishes? If yes then read further.
While there are some cosmetic therapies that could be done to remove acne scars yet these remedies do not guarantee any permanent results. With that being said there are some house-hold remedies that has proven to work slowly and steadily on these scars. These remedies not just help in removing the scars but also help you from keeping away from it.
Here are some of the best home remedies for Acne Scars
- Fenugreek is a productive ingredient to heal acne scars. You can make a paste out of fenugreek leaves and use it as a face mask. You can even boil Fenugreek seeds, also known as Methi seeds, blend them in a fine paste and store it in a cool place. Use this paste on acne blemishes, leave it on for 15-20 mins and wash it with cool water.
- Apply Lemon juice on your acne scars with a cotton pad. Leave it on the affected area for a while, let your skin absorb the lemon juice, and then wash it off with lukewarm water. Lemon juice acts as a natural bleach in improving the appearance of dark acne scars and blemishes by lightening them.
- Sandalwood and rosewater paste is another remedy that can be utilized as a facial mask and can be directly applied on the scarred area. Leave the paste on for more than an hour(leave it overnight if you can). After that wash of the mask completely using cold water. This is proven to be an effective method to treat acne blemish.
- Olive oil is truly a miracle substance that helps in nourishing your skin. Regular application of Olive oil not just helps in decreasing acne scars but also helps from future breakouts. Massage the oil on affected parts of your skin every day. It has moisturizing properties that soften the texture of your skin and reduce the prominence of your acne scars.
- Cucumber is great in keeping the skin smooth and supple. Many distinct cosmetic beauty products often have cucumber as a key ingredient in it. Furthermore Indian gooseberry lotions and creams are apt for reducing acne scaring and outbreaks.
- Choose lightweight, non-greasy, oil free cosmetics. There are a range of make up products that helps effectively in covering the acne scars temporarily.
- Tea tree oil is a great ingredient to reduce the acne scars. This oil is imported from Australia and is widely used for healing acne scars and furthermore prevents any outbreaks in the future.
- Most of them also use ice cubes to get rid of their acne blemishes at home. Wrap an ice cube in a cotton cloth and rub it on the affected areas for 10 to 15 minutes every day. This should reduce the inflammation on your skin, thereby helping in make it smoother. This is one of the best natural acne remedy.
Related Read: Multani Mitti face packs for acne
- Aloe Vera is a routinely used natural remedy to decrease acne blemishes. The Aloe Vera plants are well known for their magical proficiency to help mend scars and cuts. Aloe Vera juice is widely used in healing acne scars as well as fight breakouts. By applying Aloe Vera juice regularly on the affected area helps in toning the skin color.
Some more home remedies for acne scars, marks and spots
Honey face pack
You need to take 2 spoon of honey and apply it over your face. It will be ideal if apply it over such areas of your face where the scar marks are viewed. You need to leave this for 15 to 20 minutes and then wash away with Luke warm water. If you want to get much more effectiveness apply it at night and wash it away in the morning. This is a very simple face pack which will gradually help removing acne and scar marks on your face.
Related Read:Treat acne with rose water
Oatmeal face pack
Today, having oats at home is quite easy as people have become very health cautious and mostly have oatmeal in their lunch, breakfast or dinner. You need to have oatmeal amounting to 1/4th cup. Add 2 tablespoon of honey in it and mix it well. Now, you need to apply this pack over your face where pimples and scar marks are visible. It is also important to keep it for a period of 15 -20 minutes and then wash it away. It will be better to use Luke warm water to remove the face pack as it will clean the pack in a better way.
Cinnamon face pack
You must have cinnamon stick handy in your kitchen. If you don’t want to take much trouble, cinnamon in powdered form is also available in the market. You will be quite happy to know that cinnamon is very effective in removing scar marks and blemishes completely from your face. In order to make this effective cinnamon face pack, you need to take a spoon of cinnamon powder in a bowl and add a teaspoon of honey in it. Mix both the ingredients well and apply it over your scar marks. You need to keep it for an hour’s and then remove with the help of Luke warm water.
Related Read:Best Acne Control Products
Aspirin face packs
It is true that aspirin is not a natural ingredient but it works really well with the scar marks and pimples if combined with honey. In order to make this face pack for removing acne and scar marks, it will be important to have a not on the ingredients required. It include 2 tablespoon of honey, few drops of water and aspirin- 2-3. You need to place the aspirins in few drops of water in such a way that it gets dissolves in water and becomes a paste. It is also important not to use too much of water such that you get a gritty texture. Now add the honey with it and mix it well so that it becomes a good paste. Apply it over your scar marks and pimples and keep it for a period of 15 minutes. Now wash with Luke warm water and feel the difference.
Raw potato for scar marks
Having potato at home is quite easy as in maximum of your curries you might have used potato as one of the main ingredients. But, only few people are aware of the fact that even the raw potato works as a wonder in the process of eradicating the acne as well as scar marks from your face completely. For this first of all you need to take a raw potato, peel its skin and cut it into the round circles. Now take the slices and rub it over the face where you have a problem of acne and blemishes. You can also blend the raw potato, make a pulp out of it and apply it over your face. This needs to be repeated or kept for 15 – 20 minutes and then wash away with warm water. You can easily get good difference of your face if you use it regularly.