With our busy lifestyles of today, our skin is exposed to so much of sun exposure, pollution in the environment, stress, faulty and lacking diets, improper hygiene due to lack of time, medications, use of chemicals for long periods of time as well as using a lot of cosmetic products which can all contribute to a trigger which stimulates the production of excess melanin in the skin, which causes our natural bright radiance to become lost. While there are so many chemical treatments, creams and lotions in the market that claim to provide skin lightening benefits, many of them can have some side effects and may, in the long run, do irreparable damage to the skin whilst failing to provide satisfactory results.
Almond oil is a god send. Not only does it impart so many flavors into any dish you are cooking with it but also is an amazing product that can help offer a number of skin benefits to help you get that brighter, glowing skin we all crave. With some simple ingredients you are likely to find in your kitchen or can purchase pretty easily from your nearest drugstore, here is a list of almond oil based masks and scrubs to help you regain your flawless complexion.
Why does it work?
Almond oil has a number of properties that make it an amazing product for lightening the skin tone and removing any tan from your face.
- It is a rich storehouse of the vitamins A, B and E which can help in locking the moisture in your skin cells and keeping them hydrated.
- It can help make your skin soft and smooth by nourishing it.
- The addition of Vitamin E and healthy fatty acids can help in keeping the signs of aging at bay as well as reduce any fine lines or wrinkles.
- It can help in encouraging the production of new and healthy skin cells to help get rid of any imperfections on the skin.
- It has natural sunscreen properties with an SPF of 7-8 which can help in preventing tanning and any sunburn.
- It does not clog your pores due to its easy absorbability by the skin.
- In fact, it can also help clearing out any clogged pores and deep cleanse your skin by drawing out any impurities from your skin.
Face masks with Almond oil you can use for fairness
Here is a list of some of the best face masks that can help you get a fairer complexion that use almond oil as a base.
Almond oil mask
This is the simplest one of the bunch and is simply straight up almond oil. Get the best quality almond oil you can find and take a few drops on your palms and warm it up gently between your palms. Now massage this into your skin in circular motions on the forehead and a ‘3’ shape around your temples, cheekbones and jawline. Massage the under-eye in up-sweeping motions and repeat the process for 15 minutes. You can either keep this on overnight, or if you feel you have used too much oil, blot it gently using a tissue paper and leave on overnight. Remember to wash off any excess oil first thing in the morning. You can use this process daily for perfect, glowing skin.
Almond oil and Honey mask
Honey is a great humectant and can help in attracting moisture to your face to ensure you have a moisturized and healthier skin overall. It can also help with acne, ageing and unclogging pores.
- Mix together equal parts of honey and almond oil till it is smooth and combined.
- Apply on your skin and allow the mixture to seep in for 15 minutes.
- Rinse it off with some lukewarm water and repeat with cold water to close the pores.
- Use this mask every alternate day for best results.
Almond oil and Sugar
Sugar is an excellent natural exfoliate and can help you get a brighter complexion and get rid of any impurities from your face without any need for harsh scrubs that may irritate the skin. You can also add in some papaya or other fruit pulp into this mixture for added benefits.
- Mix together a tablespoon of almond oil with 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar.
- Apply the mix on your skin and use circular motions to gently scrub your skin at the same time.
- Continue for 10 minutes before washing off with cold water.
- Use the scrub as needed. Do not over-scrub your skin as it can dry out your skin.
Almond oil and Vitamin E
Vitamin E can help in nourishing the skin, lightening the appearance of any scars on your face, provides excellent antioxidant properties, can be beneficial in protecting the skin from sunburn and can also help in lightening any dark circles underneath your eyes.
- To make this mask, combine the contents of 2-3 vitamin E capsules with a tablespoon of almond oil.
- Apply the mixture on your skin and follow the same massage patterns as in the first mask option for 15 minutes.
- Wash it off with lukewarm water and then follow up with cold water.
- Use this mask once a week for best results.
Almond oil and Lemon juice
Lemon juice has a number of properties that can aid in lightening the skin, clarifying the skin and getting rid of any hyper-pigmentation on the skin due to its slight skin-bleaching properties. They are also antibacterial in nature and prevent any build-up of bacteria on the skin which can cause acne flares. It can also be an amazing product that can help you get rid of any blackheads on the skin to give you a clear, flawless complexion.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix together equal quantities of lemon juice and almond oil.
- Apply this mixture on your face and let it sink in for about 15 minutes.
- Wash the mixture off with some lukewarm water and follow up with some cold water to close the pores.
- Repeat the process around 2-3 times per week for best results.