In eastern countries like India, China, Japan, Korea, etc people are not at all fond of tan like the western country people. In eastern countries, tan is considered as unattractive. Reason why summer is the most hated season in the eastern countries due to the scorching heat of the sun and tan. Tan is the result of excess melanin produced by the human skin due to the UV rays of the sun.
After getting a tan, it is really tough to get back your actual skin tone. Even though there are various measures and techniques which when taken under consideration may help you remove the tan. Here we have elaborated few home remedies which can help you remove tan effectively.
These remedies are based on easily available home ingredients so that you can adapt any technique without any problem. Using natural home ingredients also give you some benefits like zero possibilities of side effects and 100% possibility of healing. The remedies are elaborated below:
[ Hindi version ]
Remedies to remove tan on arms
Masoor dal, tomatoes, and lemon juice
If you want quick relief from severe tan on your arms then this is the remedy for you. It cleanses the skin by removing all impurities and tan. The sanitizing and cleansing contents of masoor dal heal sun damaged skin while lemon and tomato juices brighten the skin tone.
- Marinate 1/4th cup of masoor dal in lukewarm water during the night.
- In a grinder, put the marinated masoor dal, add ½ tablespoon lemon juice and two fully ripe tomatoes in it.
- Grind the mixture properly and use a brush to apply it on the tanned skin of your arms.
- Scrub off the pack after it dries completely.
Baking soda is a great remedy for removing sun tan and sun burn.
- Stir 4 tablespoon of baking soda into a bowl of icy cool water.
- Apply the mixture on the tanned skin after taking a bath.
Egg whites and multani mitti (Fuller’s earth)
This remedy works brilliantly on sun tan and various other skin conditions.
- Whip the albumin extracted from two eggs, add 4 teaspoon of rose water and Multani mitti to it.
- Apply it to the sun-tanned portions of your arms.
- Rinse it after 20 to 25 minutes.
Salt, sugar and olive oil scrub
This exfoliating scrub pack made of sugar salt and olive oil scrub helps remove tans and retrieve your actual skin tone.
- Mix sugar, salt and olive oil scrub, each of equal quantity.
- Massage this mixture on the sun tan region of your arms.
- Rinse it off after 5 minutes.
Aloe vera, lemon juice and honey
This is a natural remedy to treat tan on arms naturally. The components which form the solution are Aloe vera which soothes sunburn skin, lemon juice that lightens it and honey that moisturizes. This solution prevents skin aging too.
- Mix lemon juice, aloe vera gel and honey in equal quantity.
- Apply it on the suntanned portions of your arms.
- Leave it on for 30 minutes, rinse off with cold water.
This is a brilliant and effective home remedy to treat rashes, skin irritation, sun burn, sun tan, etc.
- In a cup of cold milk, bathe a cotton ball and dab on the affected region of your arms.
- Wash off with cool water after 4 to 5 minutes.
Commonly known as a beauty product ingredient, Sandalwood is an effective element to eliminate tan on your arms.
- Blend 3 tablespoon of sandalwood powder with 3 tablespoons of turmeric powder.
- Add about 10 to 15 drops of rose water to it.
- Apply the mixture on the sun tan area of your arm.
- Wash it off with cold water after 30 minutes.
- Use this method twice or thrice a week for better and faster results.
- Alternatively you can also combine sandalwood powder with some coconut oil and almond oil.
- Apply it on the sun burn affected portions of your arms.
- Rinse off with water after 30 minutes.
Gram flour is an effective treatment when it comes to cure sun tan on your arms or any other body part which is mostly exposed to the sun whenever you go out. Gram flour is extremely beneficial ingredient used in curing a sun tan because it can make skin young and bright day after day and eliminate the dead skin cells. Therefore, gram flour can be the exact element you would like to use, which is easily available in the market or at your home.
- Mix a certain amount of gram flour in a small bowl of water and start massaging it on your sun tan affected skin region.
- Let the skin soak the mixture for at least 20 minutes before you rinse it off with cold water.
- Practice this method twice a week for few months.
- Else, you can make a mixture of gram flour with rose water, yoghurt and honey.
As we know cucumber is an element stuffed with vitamin C. The antioxidants present in it lets it to be a natural solution for skin rashes, sun tan, skin irritation, etc. The cucumber juice is very effective in healing skin problems.
- Combine 2 tablespoon of the fresh lime juice with 3 tablespoons of the fresh cucumber juice.
- Add a pinch of turmeric powder to the mixture.
- Blend it properly before apply on the affected skin of your arms.
- After 30 minutes wash off with water.
- Else, you can pat the slices of freshly cut cucumber on your arms.
Being a natural bleach, potato is an effective element to cure sun tan. The vitamin C content in potato makes it a brilliant remedy to opt for when you have lost the actual skin tone of your skin due to tan.
- Peel off the skin of 2 to 3 medium sized potatoes.
- Cut the potatoes into small chunks before you put it in the blender to make a potato paste.
- After making a fine paste, apply it directly on the affected skin.
- Wait for about 30 minutes before you wash it off with cold water.
- Else you can make the same paste and some lemon juice to it for better results.
Yogurt is a mild element used for reducing sun tan, rashes, skin redness and skin irritation. It gives instant relief from any sort of tan or skin burn.
- Take 1 cup of plain yogurt, add 3 tablespoon of cucumber juice and 4 tablespoon of tomato juice to it.
- Add ½ cup of gram flour to it and blend the mixture well before applying it on the sun tan region of your arms.
- Wash off with tepid water after 30 minutes.
- Alternatively, you can apply fresh plain yogurt onto your skin every day before going for a bath.
Papaya and honey
[ Hindi version ]
Papaya is a commonly found fruit in the market. Being a native fruit of the Central and Northern South America, it is widely cultivated in Caribbean Islands, Asian and some African countries. On the other hand honey is a common ingredient used in beauty products. When these two ingredients are combined to form a solution, it can fight and heal any kind of skin problem. This mixture not only removes sun tan but also brightens, tightens, whitens and exfoliates your skin.
- Mash up a ripe papaya.
- Add 1½ tablespoon of raw honey to it.
- Apply the paste as a pack on the tanned skin of your arms.
- Rinse off with lukewarm water after 25 to 30 minutes.
- Use this method 2 times a week for a month or two.