In this whole world one thing that everyone equally hates is the outburst of acne. The problems of acne bring worries and frustration in the life of one and all.
Although there are in-numerous number of face washes, lotions and creams that are available in the market to treat acne.
We will be teaching you a way that is effective, natural and won’t cost you a penny. We will be talking about ways to cure the problems of acne with orange peel.
How does orange peels work on acne?
Acne is nothing but infections caused by bacteria. The bacteria that causes acne is Propionibacterium acnes.
It lives on the surface of your skin and breed inside the pores of your skin. It causes inflammation, redness and swelling.
The goodness here is the phenolic antioxidants found in the peels of oranges can cure the problems of acne. It acts as an antibiotic with the properties of anti-bacterial present in it.
When the sebaceous glands produce excessive sebum, it clots the pores of the skin. This leads to the outburst of acne.
The production of sebum is maintained by the presence of flavonoids named nobiletin which is found in orange peels.
Acnes are extremely annoying but the swelling, redness and inflammation that is caused by acne is even worse.
The anti-inflammatory properties that orange peels possess helps to fight the problems of acne. Orange peels are a rich source of Vitamin C, too.
How can you use the peels of oranges?
Orange peels and how they are useful to treat acne.
- Squeeze out the juice from a freshly peeled orange. Clean your face with lukewarm water and herbal face wash. Using a cotton ball apply it all over your face or on the affected areas. After fifteen minutes wash it off with cold water. Do this three times a week to see results.
- Form a thick paste by blending the peel of an orange with milk. Make sure the paste has the right consistency. Apply it on the affected area after cleansing your face. Wait till the paste dries and then wash it off with cold water. Apply some non-comedogenic moisturizer to your face afterwards.
Do’s and Don’ts
- Always clean your hands properly before you use the peels of orange to treat your acne.
- Keep in mind you might be feeling a sensation of tingling on your skin it is because of the acidic properties of orange.
- You should also do a patch test to see whether it agrees with your skin or not.
- Don’t go in direct sunlight after you have applied orange peels.
- Eat the orange. When you eat the fruit, detoxification starts from the inside.
To treat acne, you no longer need to head out towards the supermarket. So, from now on use the peel of oranges rather than throwing it away.