The first and foremost thing is know the difference between acnes and pimples, before going any deeper. Pimples are blisters which form on our skin like a boil, and then burst. They are usually painful and leave scars. Acnes are a broader as it includes more of clumped up skin than just a blister. This alternatively means that pimples are a type of acne, and acnes have more types. In this article, we will go through remedies which will help you treat acnes of all types, with the mixture of green tea with other elements.
When the sebaceous glands on our skin, oozes out excess sebum, which are our natural oils, it creates dirt with pollution, makeup and other toxins. These swell up our skin and turn into red bumps. These are acnes, and they can be of different types. From blackheads to pimples, there are different shapes and names for all of them, and they look different too. Some more reasons to have acnes or pimples are hygiene, hormonal imbalances, pregnancy, bad diet, medications, etc. There are numerous commercial products which are expensive and chemical infused. It is better to opt for healthier alternatives to solve your condition.
Green tea for acne and pimples
There are many ways to cure acnes and pimples with green tea. You can try the ones which you find suitable and stick to it. If you think one remedy isn’t working, switch over to another, but don’t try all at once.
The first remedy is to have 4-6 cups of green tea everyday. This remedy will regulate your hormones along with the sebum production. This reduces the possibilities of having more acne in the future.
Direct application and spray
You can also have green tea applied directly or spray as you buy a green tea spray from the chemists. This is an easy remedy which can be obtained and processed fast.
- At first, brew the green tea and extract the liquid by discarding the solids with strainer.
- Now, take a cotton ball and apply it on the skin.
- Let it soak in, after which you will mildly have your face washed.
- Pat dry and repeat once daily
- You can also splash some green tea on your face, after it has come to lukewarm temperature.
- If you buy a spray, follow the directions to use or ask the chemists how to go about it.
Green tea and honey
Honey has antibacterial properties which will reduce the pimple producing elements and also leave your skin moisturized. When you accompany it with the subtleness of green tea, it will workout effective.
- Brew green tea and extract the liquid.
- Add 1 teaspoon of raw honey or manuka honey.
- Drink it thrice a day
- Place a green tea bag into boiling water and tell it brew for 3 minutes.
- When the bag cools, you have to take out the leaves from it.
- Add organic and raw honey with the leaves and make a paste.
- Wash the face with water and then apply paste on the affected skin.
- Leave it for 20 minutes and then wash with regular water.
- Repeat everyday!
You can also use green tea powder with honey, if you don’t prefer wet tea leaves. Just make sure that the quality is good enough for appliance, and you’re sorted!
Green tea and lemon
Lemon works like an astringent which kills bacteria and reduces acne. It also beaches away the scars your pimples can leave you.
- Brew the tea and the pour it in a mug
- Add 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and drink twice daily.
You can also,
- Add 1/4th cup of green tea with lemon extract from one lemon.
- Use cotton ball for applying mixture on your skin.
- Let it stay for 10 minutes.
- Wash off with cold water.
- Pat dry and repeat daily.
Green tea and apple cider vinegar
Apple cider vinegar has the power to detoxify your body from within. They cure acnes and prevent them from forming further. Buy a good quality bottle of apple cider vinegar so that you can get the maximum effect on skin.
- Add 2 tablespoons apple cider onto 1 cup of green tea. Cider is very strong, and has to be used in diluted form every time.
- Stir some honey to make it sweet.
- Drink twice daily for reduce acne.
- Brew 1/4 th cup of green tea and add 1/4th cup of water to it.
- Next add 3 tablespoons of the vinegar.
- Take cotton to soak and apply on skin.
- Apply moisturizer after it dries up.
- During the night, use it to cleanse your face and feel refreshed.
Green tea and yogurt
If you have tasted some tasty yogurt in this summer, it is time to use it for another purpose! This is known to reduce inflammation and it kills bacteria which cause acne.
- Brew green tea for 3 minutes.
- Extract leaves after it has cooled down.
- Rub wet leave on your face and then let it stay for 5 minutes.
- Now apply yogurt over the leaves.
- Let this stay for 10 more minutes.
- Remove it with washcloth after you soak it in lukewarm water.
- Repeat once daily.
- Use the brewed tea to wash your face or spray on the pimples every now-and- then.