To quote the medical term of acnes, they are known as ‘acne vulgaris’. This happens to be a common disease which occurs from teenage to adulthood. About 85% of people are prone to these and they are between 12 to 25 years old. It is also more prone to happen to people who have oily skin. The sebaceous gland produces oil called the sebum, which is the skin’s natural moisturizer. When these glands produce excess of sebum, the skin pores are blocked by the oil and the dead skin cells, leading to formation of acne. Acne’s are completely curable.
Tea tree oil is an effective measure to cure acne. The oil is made from the leaves of Melaleuca Alternifolia (commonly known as narrow leaved tea-tree), which is native to Australia. This oil is produced by steam distilling the leaves of the tea-tree. Tea tree oil is 100% natural and an effective remedy for curing acne. It contains terpinen-4-ol which is responsible for its microbial activity and has antifungal. The antiseptic properties are what help in preventing further outbreaks of acne. The oil effectively destroys the infectious bacteria and penetrates deep into the skin to unblock the pores. It dries out blackheads, pimples, whiteheads and zits. It is suggested to perform a skin test before applying it on the skin because some people may feel irritation, depending on the sensitivity of the skin.
Remedies for curing acne with tea tree oil
Tea tree oil can be applied through various procedures for curing acne. It is very potent in nature when used 100% pure, organic and raw. It is best for treating acne.
Tea tree oil
This process is very much efficient for the treatment of cystic acne. It also reduces swelling and redness.
- Take a cotton ball and soak it in a few drops of tea tree oil.
- Apply it on the infected area.
- Leave it for 3 to 4 hours or whole night.
- Repeat it frequently.
Diluted tea tree oil
This is another alternative method for acne treatment.
- Wash your face with water and wipe it dry.
- Take 1/10th of tea tree oil and 9/10th of water and mix it.
- Apply it on the affected area with the help of cotton ball.
- Keep it as it is for 20-25 minutes and then wash it off with cool water.
- Apply moisturizer on the skin. Repeat twice a day.
Tea tree oil with honey
Tea tree oil itself being an antifungal when mixed with honey which is an antibacterial component, a very helpful measure for acne is formed.
- Take 2 teaspoon of raw honey and mix few drops of tea tree oil with it.
- Use a cotton ball to apply it on skin.
- Leave it overnight of for 3-4 hours.
- Rinse with water.
- Apply moisturizer.
- Repeat this measure regularly for better results.
Tea tree oil with coconut oil
Coconut oil being itself a moisturizer in nature when mixed with tea tree oil, a soothing solution is obtained.
- Cleanse your face.
- Soak a clean cloth in warm water and swathe it over the skin.
- Keep it until cold to allow the steam open the pores.
- Mix 9 teaspoon of coconut oil with 1 teaspoon of tea tree oil.
- Use fingertips to massage the mixture gently in a circular motion.
- Rinse with cool water after 5 minutes.
- Apply twice a day.
You can also mix 3 tablespoons, each of olive oil, Aloe-Vera gel, and coconut oil with 1 teaspoon of tea tree oil.
Tea tree oil with plain yoghurt
While tea tree oil cures acne, yoghurt helps in reducing redness and gives relief from irritation.
- Rinse your face with water and wipe it properly.
- Take around ¼ cup of yogurt to add 5 drops of tea tree to it.
- Apply the paste to the infected area and rinse it with warm water after 15-20 minutes.
- Repeat regularly.
- Make a mixture of 1 tablespoon of honey, 1 tablespoon of yoghurt and 2-3 drop of tea tree oil.
- Apply it on the affected area.
- Repeat the procedure for better results.
Tea tree oil with egg white
Egg white is a detoxifying agent which prevents toxins from jamming the pores.
- Beat the egg white with 3-4 drops of tea tree oil.
- Apply it as a face mask.
- Rinse it with tepid water after 15-20 minutes.
- Repeat frequently.
Tea tree oil steam
To allow maximum penetration of tea tree oil, steam is very helpful.
- Boil water and fill it in a large bowl.
- Add 4-5 drops of tea tree oil to it.
- Cover the head till neck with a towel and bend into the stream for about 5 minutes.
- Repeat frequently.
Tea tree oil bath
It is as much effective as the tea tree oil stream. It cures acne occurring on the chest, back, shoulder and other parts of the body.
- Pour 10 drops of pure tea tree oil in warm water and stir it well.
- Take a bath.
- Repeat for efficient results.
Tea tree oil with aloe vera
Aloe Vera kills bacteria and has an inflammatory property which effectively helps heal acne.
- Take 2 teaspoon of aloe vera gel and add few drops of tea tree oil to it.
- Apply it in the acne.
- Rinse it with water after 3-4 hours.
- Repeat it frequently.
Tea tree oil with olive oil
Olive oil has several properties to promote the skin health. It moisturizes the skin and removes toxins from the skin.
- Make a mixture of 2 tablespoon of olive oil and 3-4 drops of tea tree oil.
- Use a cotton ball to apply the mixture on the affected portion.
- Rinse it after 25-30 minutes.
- Apply it daily for efficient curing.
Tea tree oil in green clay powder face mask
Clay mask is one of the most useful methods of treating acne. It helps in removing toxins and cleanses the skin.
- Take 2 tablespoon of green clay powder, add 3-4 drops of tea tree oil and pour adequate amount of water to blend the paste properly.
- Apply the paste evenly on your face and leave it for 25-30 minutes until the clay dries.
- Rinse with warm water and use a clean towel to wipe your face.
- Repeat frequently for effective results.