If you are suffering from pimples and acne trying out the home remedies is certainly the best way to go. In case, the home treatments seem not to be effective to offer the needed results even after a week, you should plan to consult a doctor.
Pimples and Acne can be caused due to several reasons. Pimples are much more common in people who suffer from digestive problems or use cosmetics and makeups that do not suit their skin.
On the other hand, hormonal imbalances can be a primary reason of acne and in these cases it is best to get help from a doctor to get quick relief.
Garlic has some active ingredients and these ingredients are known for their ability to kill the pimple or acne causing bacteria, thus giving relief from the condition.
Garlic is also a storehouse of antioxidants that help in boosting the natural reparative mechanism of the skin, which can also be helpful to cure pimples and acne.
Garlic is high in allicin and it is this ingredient which gives it the pungent smell.
No matter how much you hate the smell, particularly when raw, this ingredient is one of the primary active components in garlic which will help in curing your acne and pimples. Allicin is a sulfur compound and it is the reason behind its antimicrobial properties.
So, having given a clear idea about how garlic works for curing pimples and acne, now let us move to how to use it for treating these awful skin conditions that are common amongst people of every age and sex.
Garlic can be used topically as well as internally for curing pimples and acne. Consuming raw garlic or garlic in your foods can be effective to provide long term results, while topical application can give you relief from pimples and acne quickly.
The best suggested way is to include garlic in your regular diet and also continue using it topically, so that the results are quick and also long lasting.
Curing pimples with garlic
One of the primary differences between pimples and garlic is that, while pimples are usually restricted within a few zits, here and there, acne covers a wider area of the skin.
Hence while we can use more concentrated formulations for pimples, using the same for treating widespread acne might not be suitable particularly for the sensitive skin.
Direct garlic paste application for curing pimples
When it comes to pimples, you can use raw garlic directly for spot treatment. Here is how you should do that,
- Take 1-2 garlic cloves and smash it with a mortar and pestle
- Leave the smashed garlic for 10 minutes, as it is believed that the active compounds in the cells of garlic starts coming out after it has been smashed and it takes some time before it reaches the maximum potential
- Now apply this garlic paste directly onto the pimples and leave on
- If you feel a burning sensation on your skin, remove the garlic paste after 10 minutes otherwise let it be on for 20 minutes at least
- Remove the paste and wash off with water. Do not use any soap or cleanser.
Raw garlic juice application for pimple cure
You can also use the raw garlic juice extracted from garlic cloves to get rid of pimples quickly and naturally. Here is the process,
- Take 5 fresh garlic cloves and grate them
- Now smash the grated garlic at least for 10 minutes in a mortar and pestle
- Leave it for 10 more minutes and then take it on a thin, white cotton cloth to squeeze out the raw garlic juice
- Apply this garlic juice directly onto the pimples with the help of a fresh cotton swab. Do not rub the skin, just dab the juice on the pimples
- Leave on for 10-15 minutes and then wash off with plain water, without any soap or facewash
Garlic with turmeric for curing pimples naturally
If the smell of raw garlic seems to be very overpowering for your nose, you can easily opt for a treatment made with garlic and turmeric.
Turmeric is also a great antibacterial herb, which can help in curing acne and the characteristic smell of turmeric will also help in suppressing the pungent smell of garlic at least to some extent. Here is how to use this treatment,
- Take 1 inch of a fresh turmeric root and make a paste of it
- Take 1-2 garlic cloves, smash them to make a paste and leave it for 10 minutes
- Mix the two pastes and apply the resulting mixture onto the pimples directly
- Leave on for 20 minutes and then remove the paste but do not wash off immediately
- Wash off with water after another 30 minutes
- Use 1-2 times daily
Garlic with vinegar for quick pimple cure
Apple Cider Vinegar itself is an effective home treatment for treating pimples. The mild acidic nature of this ingredient helps in restoring the natural pH of the skin, which helps in curing the pimples quickly and also protects from further bacterial infections on the skin.
The antioxidants present in ACV also promote better skin health. You can use ACV along with garlic to treat pimples quickly. Read on to know how to,
- Take 1 spoon ACV and mix it with 1 spoon plain water
- Take 1-2 garlic cloves, smash them to make a paste and let it stand for 10 minutes
- Squeeze out the juice of garlic by squeezing it with the help of a thin and clean cotton cloth
- Mix half of the resulting ACV and water mixture with the garlic extract
- Use this mixture directly onto the pimples
- Do not rub the skin, only dab the solution on the pimples directly to get the best results
- Wash off with plenty of water after 10 minutes
- Use once daily
Curing acne with garlic
As already mentioned, acne generally spreads to a wider area of the face; hence the treatments need to be more soothing for the skin. Here is how you can use garlic for treating acne on the face,
Garlic concoction for curing acne
You can easily prepare a garlic concoction by adding water with garlic. It will dilute the garlic juice and make it appropriate for application over a wider part of the facial skin. Here is how to use garlic concoction for curing acne,
- Take 3-4 garlic cloves, smash them and let it stand for 10 minutes
- Add 1/2 cup of warm water to this paste and let it stand for another 10 minutes
- Apply this garlic concoction onto the acne affected skin with the help of a clean cotton ball
- Do not rub the skin with the concoction, just dab it on
- Let it stand for 15 minutes and then wash off with water
- You should use this treatment 2-3 times in a day to get quick results
Garlic and aloe vera for quick acne cure
Aloe Vera has natural moisturizing and skin soothing properties which makes it ideal to reduce skin inflammations and irritations. By mixing garlic juice with Aloe Vera pulp you can make an acne treatment that is effective and gentle enough on your skin. The process is,
- Take 2-3 garlic cloves, smash them, leave on for 10 minutes and then squeeze out the juice
- Collect some fresh Aloe Vera pulp from Aloe Vera leaves
- Mix the garlic juice with 1 teaspoon of Aloe Vera pulp
- Use this mixture to smear on the acne affected skin
- Leave on for 20 minutes and then wash off with plenty of water
- Repeat 1-2 times daily
Garlic with manuka honey for treating acne
Manuka honey has natural anti-bacterial properties and it also helps in moisturizing and soothing the acne infected skin.
You can use garlic juice mixed with Manuka honey for curing pimples. Read on to know how to make and use this pack,
- Take 3-4 garlic cloves, smash them and squeeze out the juice
- Add 1 teaspoon Manuka honey with this garlic extract
- Apply the resulting mixture onto the Acne affected area of the skin
- Let it set for 20 minutes and then wash off with plenty of water
- Use this treatment once in a day
Garlic with egg white for acne cure
Egg white provides nourishment to the skin and it also helps in closing the skin pores helping in reducing the acne breakouts. You can use a pack made from these two ingredients to get relief from acne, without any side effects.
- Prepare raw garlic juice from 3-4 garlic cloves in the way mentioned above
- Take 4 spoons from the white of an egg
- Add the garlic juice with the egg white and mix the two well
- Use the resulting mixture on the acne affected area of the skin
- Let it get dry completely
- Remove with the help of a damp cotton cloth and wash off with water
- Repeat once daily
Garlic and oatmeal for treating acne
Oatmeal works as an effective natural ingredient for acne treatment. It is very soothing on the skin and absorbs the excess oil, helping in controlling acne breakouts.
- Prepare garlic juice from 4-5 garlic cloves
- Mix 2 tablespoons of oatmeal with warm water to make a thick paste
- Now add the garlic juice with the oatmeal and use this mixture to smear the affected area of the skin
- Let it stand for 20 minutes and then wash off with water, by rubbing the skin lightly with the pack.
- You need to take this treatment once daily for the best results.