Breast milk is the best food for baby for the first six months. It contains the entire nutrient required by the baby. Breastfeeding is the best way to for the mother and baby to have a feeling of closeness, contentment and satisfaction. The toxins in the breast milk are harmful.
We all know that breast milk is an ultimate remedy for every child. Since it is having disease fighting antibody, no child will remain sick if he consumes breast milk on a regular basis. But, the recent study says that even breast milk contain toxin. Thus, milk cannot be the pure serum for babies all the time. Some study says, it is through the breast milk the toxic passes and penetrates your baby’s nerves. Today, most of the foods are rich in adulteration. The food that is consumed by mother can also have adulterated content. This particular fact can slowly include toxin inside mother’s body. It in turn gives a presence in breast milk.
What are toxins?
Toxins are poisonous chemicals that are found in the environment. They exist in the food and water, in cosmeticsand in certain that are around in the atmosphere. Small levels of toxins get into the fat of the breast milk. These toxins being in small quantity do not harm the mother or the baby who is breast fed. The baby is exposed to low level toxins in the womb itself. Some say that these toxins have an effect on the brain of the baby, but there are positive evidences to prove this.
Importance of breast feeding
There is no need to stop breastfeeding because of these toxins. Breast milk provides a balance of proteins, fats and carbohydrate which are essential for the growth and development of the baby. There are less chances of the baby becoming obese.
Breast milk contains antibodies that prevent the baby from diseases of the stomach, colds, urinary and ear infections.
The polysaturated fat in the breast milk helps in the proper development of the brain of the baby. It also helps in the cognitive development of the baby.
The benefits of breast feeding are much above any potential risks.
How to reduce the amount of toxins in breast milk?
The human body has several toxins. The factors that usually contribute to these toxins are food and environment. The breast feeding mother has the critical job of bringing up a healthy baby it is essential for her to minimise the toxins in her body.
Steps to reduce thetoxin levels in breast milk—
- A healthy and balanced diet containing a good combination of fruits and vegetables , dairy products, meat, fish and carbohydrates will help in reducing the toxins from the mother’s body and also prevent toxins from entering into the body. One must remove the fat from the meat and poultry before cooking. Healthy food also helps the organs of the body to function in a proper manner.
- Breast feeding mother must increase the intake of water as water is a natural way to cleansing the body and throwing away the toxins from the body through urine and sweat. Dehydration can lead to accumulation of toxins in the urine, sweat and breast milk.
- Breast feeding mother must take toned milk and limit the intake of ghee and butter.
- Toxins can be avoided by limiting exposure to household paints, glues, nail polish, and petrol fumes.
- Pesticide treatments should not be done when there is a baby in the house.
- Detoxification should be helped through the digestive tract. Mouth, throat, stomach, large and small intestines play an important role in throwing out the toxins from the body. A good amount of fibre and water in the diet will enhance the process of eliminating toxins from the body.
- Detoxification can also be helped in the form of sweat, tears and glands through the skin.
Tips to reduce the levels of chemicals in the mother’s body
- Smoking cigarettes and drinking alcohol should be avoided by a breast feeding mother.
- High -fat dairy products must be reduced in order to reduce the potential burden of fat-soluble contaminants.
- Washed andpeeled fruits and vegetables willto help eliminate the hazard of pesticide thatis settled on the skin.
- Swordfish and shark or freshwater fishes are found to be contaminated and hence should be avoided.
- Exposure to chemicals found in paints,nail polish, and gasoline fumes must be avoided.
In spite of the low level toxins the breast milk is the best for the baby. Along with the benefits for the baby breast milk has its advantages for the mother also. It makes the life easier for the mother to feed several times during the day. There is no extra expenditure required to get, prepare and feed the baby. Breast feed lowers the risk of a mother from ovarian and breast cancer and type 2 diabetes.
Baby’s exposure to chemicals
One of the studies has stated that the chemical used in industries getting inside mother body can also be mixed with the breast milk of the baby. It is quite likely for all those mothers who stay near the industries. Also the breast feeding ladies working as labors in industry can get this risk. Your baby can easily get exposed to the chemicals and can be affected by various diseases.
Products rich in toxins
The toxins can get inside your body due to number of reasons. It can be through grease, water, food packing, water proof clothing and so on. Mostly the products with plastic as main ingredient can get you the infection of toxins. It is better for every nursing mother to stay away from such products. Your baby will be saved from the deadly disease.
Precaution for mother to take
Being a mother if you don’t want your baby to get infected with toxin, it is the best time for you to safeguard yourself from such food that can transfer toxin within your body. Also drinks loads of water so that the toxins in your body can be easily washed away. Water is the best way to flush out the harmful chemicals from your body in just a go. Do drink at least 8 glasses of purified water in a day in order to safe your child from toxin.