You must have been advised many times to cut down on sugar consumption in your diet, but did you know that including it in your face pack can have amazing results for your skin? Yes, replace the sugar in your tea and juices with sugar in your face pack from now on to get rid of sun tan and achieve a youthful glow in an amazing way. The calories which are harmful for your health are in fact beneficial for your skin.
At first, let us look into the benefits of sugar for the skin. These are the following ways in which sugar helps your skin:-
- It helps to reverse sun damage and gets rid of skin tan from the face.
- It lightens the skin tone and provides a glow to the skin.
- It induces life into dull and lifeless skin.
- It restores the natural balance of oils in the skin to make it naturally hydrated and get rid of dryness.
- It acts as a brilliant exfoliator and unclogs the pores.
- It also fades away the blemishes from the skin.
Sugar does not only contain lots of calories that can increase your weight, but also contains the goodness of glycolic acid that provides health to your skin. This alpha-hydroxy acid improves the skin tone and health and prevents it from toxins. This is why sugar detoxifies the skin and provides you with a resplendent glow. It works excellently as a natural brightener and polisher for the skin.
How to use sugar for your skin tan?
Here you will know about various ways in which you can use sugar in your facial care routine to have a lot of skin benefits.
Sugar in your face wash
- Sugar can be mixed with your face wash or cleanser to have benefits on your skin. At first rub some face cleanser on wet face to work up lather.
- Take sugar granules to stick on your face because the lather works as the perfect base. Use your fingers to gently rub in circular motions and mix the granules into the lather moving all over your face.
- Do not scrub hard and be gentle on the sugar as it will irritate your skin otherwise.
- If you see the lather dying down, you can use some warm water to work up the lather. Be careful not to use too much of water at once so as to not dissolve the sugar.
- Let the sugar sit on your skin for at least 10-15 minutes.
- Afterwards rinse your face gently with cool water and wipe your face.
This you not only make your face look healthy and glowing but also close the open pores.
Sugar and Olive oil
Sugar and olive oil help to take off the tan from your face and provide you with an undying natural glow that stays for long. Olive oil massage is said to be the best food you can give your skin. Along with sugar it works as a great facial pack.
- Mix some sugar granules with few drops of olive oil. The ratio depends upon your convenience. Just take care not to make the mixture too runny. It should be thick enough to stick to your face. You can also use brown sugar instead of granules.
- If you wish to add a few drops of essential oil like sandalwood or lavender, you are free to do so. Just maintain it to not more than one or two drops as it may irritate your skin.
- Wash your face properly to get rid of oil and dirt from the surface.
- Apply this olive oil and sugar face pack on the facial skin and rub in circular motions very gently.
- Let the pack sit on the face for about 15 minutes to show its action.
- Afterwards rinse your face with water, wipe it off and apply some light moisturizer if you find it getting dry.
Sugar and Almond oil face pack
The benefits of almond oil for skin are many. Just like olive oil, an almond oil and sugar face pack can also help you to achieve healthy and glowing skin very easily. Almond oil has vitamin E that nourishes the skin deeply and keeps it soft, moisturized and acne free. Sugar and almond oil together work to give you sun protection and repair the damage done by sun tan and sunburn.
- Mix together one tablespoon of almond oil with brown sugar or white sugar granules to create a proper mixture. The consistency should be sticky enough to not run down your face.
- Clean your face properly before applying this face pack.
- Apply the almond oil and sugar face pack all over the facial area and massage very gently using your fingers.
- Let it sit for 10 minutes before gently washing the face and pat the face dry.
Sugar, Honey and Lemon juice face pack
Sugar and lemon juice work together to remove tan and dead skin cells from your face, tightens the pores and makes the skin tone even. It also prevents bacterial infection and formation of acne. Honey helps to keep the skin moisturized. This is in fact the best face pack to remove sun tan from your facial area.
- Take some sugar granules or brown sugar and mix it with one teaspoon of honey making a smooth mixture. Add few drops of lemon juice till you reach your desired consistency. Too much of lemon juice can make the face dry though. Also make sure the mixture isn’t too runny as it will drip to your clothes and eyes.
- Firstly, clean your face properly with water and cleanser to get rid of settled dirt and grime on the face.
- Next, apply the sugar, honey and lemon juice face pack all over the face avoiding the lips, area around the eyes and areas of broken skin or acne.
- Keep the pack on for 15 minutes at least to let it do its work.
- After 15 minutes wash off your face and wipe it gently with a towel.
Baking soda and Sugar face pack
- Make a clumpy paste using 1 tablespoon of sugar, 1 tablespoon of baking soda and 2 tablespoons of water. Ensure that everything is properly mixed to make the face pack.
- Firstly, clean your face properly with water and cleanser before you start applying the face pack.
- Next, apply the face pack all over your face leaving out the eyes.
- Using your fingers gently rub the mixture into the skin. It is necessary to be gentle as it can otherwise break the skin and cause tears and breakouts.
- Especially focus on your blackhead areas as this face pack also helps to get rid of blackheads along with bleaching the skin naturally to brighten the skin tone.
- Sit quietly for about 5 minutes which is enough to let the face pack perform its action upon the face.
- Rinse off your face with lukewarm water and wipe it gently.
Keep it in mind to not repeat this procedure more than once a week as baking soda is a strong exfoliating agent which can dry out your skin if used excessively. You can also mix some honey into this face pack to make it more effective. Honey keeps your skin smooth and moisturized. You can immediately see your face looking fresh and glowing.
Eucalyptus oil, Sugar and Sesame oil face pack
Eucalyptus oil and sesame oil along with sugar makes a great face scrub to get rid of sun tan and layers of dead skin cells from your face. It unclogs the pores, tightens them and deeply hydrates dry and lifeless skin to provide it with a natural glow. You can find a dewy look after a few weeks of repeating this procedure.
- Mix the one tablespoon of the three ingredients together to work up a smooth paste.
- Apply it on clean facial skin and leave on for about 5-10 minutes to let it start its action.
- Rinse your face with lukewarm water and pat it dry to see the effects.
Try this facial care routine for a few weeks to bid good bye to your dull, lifeless and tanned skin and embrace the youthful and sweet glow coming from sugar.