A pair of high heeled shoes has been the best friend of women since thousands of years. It helps them to stand up taller, look slimmer, and feel more confident. It is a style statement for ladies wearing heels.
Are you looking for high heels that suits perfectly to your feet? You must be afraid of wearing it as this can give rise to sudden injury and pain. It is true that some women can work perfectly in high heels without developing any type of injury. It is just because they have perfect practice with the high heel wearing. But there are people who never wore but have been wearing it on an occasional basis. There can be ways through which it will be easier to wear high heels without any type of injury. We are going to give you some tips through this very article.
Advantages of wearing heels
Wearing heels give a stylish look to the overall appearance of the women. It helps to increase the height of the women. Women feel smart and attractive by wearing heels. It adds style in the walk of women wearing heels. Heels help to bring out and attractive body posture and also adds to the confidence of the women while carrying her. It is believed that the beauty of the legs is enhanced on wearing heels by looking longer and shapelier. Heels complement the attractiveness of the dressage. Conical heels go well with corporate dresses. Pencil heels make the tunics and minis look striking. Platform heels give a cool look with trousers and wide jeans.
Disadvantages of wearing heels
Heels lead to number of problems. Most women suffer from foot pain by wearing heels because the entire pressure of the body goes on the feet while walking.Women, who are not used to heels, find it difficult to walk with high heels.Difficulty in walking may also increase chances of losing balance and falling while walking. It can also lead to back pain. Yellow patches can develop on the heels, making them hard.Wearing heels regularly may cause serious leg and foot injuries in the future
I believe a girl’s best friend apart from diamonds is her heels and I am sure all you girls out there could not agree less. So here is something for you that will help you prevent the pain caused by wearing high heels
Save your sole! 5 things you could buy that will prevent high-heel pain
Even if your soles don’t sweat much, just a little bit of moisture in the air can cause the leather straps of your sandals to chafe your skin that results in painful blisters. Mist your feet with deodorant to keep them dry and happy.
Band-Aid Blister Block is small enough for your purse it comes handy and lets you target specific areas on your feet where you’re prone to get blisters. But it’s only a preventative product…if you’ve already got a horrible blister try a “second-skin” product
Not only do gel inserts feel really good in your shoes, they let you wear them way longer before your feet start aching
If you are not the kind of girl, then foot cushions are a stylish alternative. Whether they are for your tip toes, your entire in-sole, or your heels, they look like they are actually part of the inside of the shoe. Foot Petals were founded by a fashion industry veteran who got tired of spending her day in painful heels
Fold-able ballet flats
These cute kicks are small enough to fit in your purpose, making the walk home after work or a night out way less tortuous.
Must know about high heel pain
Anytime you wear shoes that are tight or constrict the natural shape of your foot, medical professionals say it is bound to cause foot pain.
Moreover when you add high heels in to the equation, a well known podiatrist says pain can quickly escalate to damage.
Among the most common problems he sees are painful, aching bunions — those bony protrusions that usually pop up at the base of the big toe and distort the shape of the foot.
“High heels don’t cause bunions, but they sure can aggravate them. Both the heel height and the point of the shoe can play a role,” says the podiatrist
He also says some women who have bunions also have a displaced bone on the bottom of the big toe joint, which changes the way the foot “tracks” or acts during motion.
“If the foot is then placed in a high heel, and pitched forward, the pressure on these bones increases and bunion pain grows worse
5 Tips to wear heels without feeling the pain
Have you always loved wearing high heels, but after a few hours or even minutes you felt tired. Did you ever want to know how to wear high heels and not feel any pain?
- Buy shoes with soft inner soles.
- Wear high heels only when you don’t have to walk a lot.
- Wear high heels for work and special occasions. Times that are more suitable for high heels include activities such as birthday parties; visiting nightclubs graduation parties, church etc.
- Don’t step toe first or place your heels and toes on the ground at the same time. Walk the same way you would with flats – with each step you take, place your heel on the ground first, and then the ball of your foot/toes.
- Be confident Once you feel that you have become confident, start dancing mildly. This helps to break into the shoes and make you more stable and balanced. The best place to break in a new pair of heels or to practice wearing them is at the supermarket. You can walk around holding on to a shopping cart
Tips to take care of the feet on wearing heels
It is advisable to use high heels rarely and for short periods. However the feet can be protected from the dangers of heels by following the following tips.
- Wear the best fitting high heel footwear. High heels that do not fit properly cause the front of the foot to push forward, creating more pressure — and pain on the toes.
- One should know the foot type before buying heels. This will give the proper shape of the arch which will be helpful in getting the shoe of the right fitting.
- A thicker heel gives stability and helps to relieve pressure by distributing the weight on the foot evenly. The height of the heel scan also help reduce problems with the Achilles tendon.
- Thin soles must be totally avoided as they can give pain on the bottom of the feet. Platform heels are a better option.
- Remove heels for a short time and stretch the ankles and toes to get relief.
- Do some stretches like pointing the toes down and pulling the toes up with a strap to get the calf muscles.
- The shoes with more coverage on the top of the feet are more comfortable. Some high heeled boots can be worn the whole day without any problems. Even summer sandals with an ankle strap or a big wide strap across the top are equally comfortable.
- Full shoe cushioning can be done by inserting silicone metatarsal pads, which help in shock absorption.They are called metatarsal or ball of the foot pads which are oval-shaped pads that go under the ball of the foot. It will help to hold the foot in a steady manner and protect the toes from friction and blisters.
- Round toe shoes are back in fashion this season which allow the toes to lie flat and spread out. The pointy toes on the other hand wrench the big toe inwards, causing joint pain, crunched toes and making the beginnings of bunions
- The correct way of walking can help to find comfort with heeled shoes. This walk involves in keeping the head and spine straight. Take small steps and the paces must look like bounces. Changing the style of walking will help to readjust the body’s center of gravity and find balance.
Continue reading below…
Foot care after wearing high heels
High heeled shoes can be enjoyed from time to time if proper care is given to the feet after taking them off. These techniques will help to give relief from foot pain and prevent long lasting damages
- Doing some yoga, stretching, and foot exercises can increase blood flow to the foot and ankle. Increase of blood flow helps to cut down the chances of metatarsal, stress fractures, and Achilles tendon problem.
- Soak feet in Epsom salts after removing the heels. This will help dilate the blood vessels and promote healing of the skin on the feet.
- Moisturize the feet with lavender oil or any other essential oil to prevent the formation of rough spots, corns, and calluses.
Tips to wear high heels safely
Size of shoe
The shoe that you are going to wear and that too with heels must be fitting your perfectly. It should not be little big or little small. When you are going to the showroom to buy a show, even if you don’t get the perfect size, you generally tend to take the heel that is little big or little small. It is just because you have liked it and wont wish to leave. This is a wrong practice. You should wear the shoes in right size.
If you really wish to go for heels, it will be important to get those that have broader base. This will help the show to hold your entire feet along with your body. The grip will be really well if you want to go ahead with the broader variation of heels. This will help you to get the style of getting heels without any complications.
Test the heels and shoes
Before you proceed with the purchase of the shoe with heels, it is really important for you to test it several times. Do it at the showroom from where you are going to purchase the heel. You need to see whether the shoe provides perfect comfort while you wall. Do this several times so that once you start walking at streets you don’t get any sort of difficulties. This is the time for you to proceed with test for heels.