Toothaches range from throbbing to mild. Tooth pain is caused by cavities caused by bacteria in the mouth that live on the sugary and starchy foods that remain on the tooth and gums. The bacteria produce acids that damage the teeth, and when the damage reaches a nerve, pain starts.
Tooth pain can also start when the filling becomes loose or there is a cracked tooth or there is an abscess in the gums and also in sinus problem. Any infection that reaches the root of the tooth causes toothache. Toothache can be a sign of tooth breakdown. Only a Dentist can find the genuine reason of the pain. But let’s try out some ways at home to control the tooth pain.
Home remedies take you a long way for any type of dental problems. You must be feeling really irritated when suddenly you get tooth ache after getting up in the morning. Some people have very severe tooth ache where as other have it in a mild proportion.
Even, if you get less tooth ache it’s time to care your teeth right from the beginning. Sometimes the tooth aches become so painful that this might affect your forehead as the nerve are interconnected between one another. It will be a healthy habit to pay a regular visit to the dentist to keep all your dental problems in check. Home remedies can also help you get pain relief.
Here the best home tips for teeth ache
- Gargle with moderately hot water or moderately hot water mixed with salt, each time after having your food or after brushing every morning and night.
- Apply alcohol or clove oil or nutmeg oil to the effected tooth area.
- When there is immense pain, take a part of ice and press it against the affected area sing your thumb and forefinger.
- If you have critical pain, hold a piece of ice inside your mouth, between the tooth and the cheeks for 15 minutes. Repeat this for about four times a day.
- Have lots of milk and leafy vegetables that re rich in calcium. Avoid sugary and cold beverages/food which ends up in tooth decay.
- When you have pain, never apply heat on your cheeks as it will only worsen the condition than giving any relief.
The toothache is normally short-lived and pain can be relieves by taking aspirin, applying a pain relieving gel and also by some natural remedies given below
Natural remedies for toothache
- Clove oil has remarkable bacteria- killing properties. It also has a numbing effect, and that is why it is a longtime primitive remedy for toothache. Apply some clove oil directly on the paining tooth. It gives immediate relief from pain.
- Cloves also have a numbing effect . Place a few whole cloves in the mouth, and let them moisten until they soften. Bite them with the non-hurting molars to release their oil, and then press the softened cloves against the painful tooth for about half an hour.Cloves are also an extremely popular remedy for toothache, tooth infection, or tooth abscess.
- Ginger and red pepper A paste of ginger powder and pepper with water can be applied on the painful tooth to relieve tooth ache.
- Tincture of myrrh The astringent effect of tincture of myrrh helps with inflammation, and is beneficial in killing bacteria. Simmer 1 teaspoon of powdered myrrh in 2 cups water for 30 minutes Cool and strain it. Rinse the mouth 4-6 times a day with this solution.
- Peppermint tea has a nice flavor and some numbing effect. Soak peppermint leaves in boiling water for 20 minutes. Swish the mouth with this water and spit it out.
- Mix a teaspoon of salt into a glass of warm water and rinse the mouth for 30 seconds before spitting it out.
- Garlic is the most popular of home remedies for tooth ache that has been passed down for years to get relief from toothache. Apply crushed garlic or powdered garlic over the painful tooth.
- Ice cubes have a numbing effect on the nerves when placed on the aching tooth for 15 minutes. Alternately an ice pack can be placed on the cheek over the painful tooth.
- Black tea contains astringent tannins, which can reduce swelling and give temporary relief.
- Sensitive teeth develop pain with hot and cold foods. When the gums shrink the dentin below the tooth enamel is exposed which becomes very sensitive?
- Softest-bristled brush can be used to preserve gum tissue and prevent further shrinking.
- Turmeric is a spice used as a natural toothache treatment. Turmeric has pain relieving abilities and it has anti-bacterial and antiseptic properties. Make a thick paste and apply it on the affected area with a cotton ball.
- Hydrogen Peroxide many individuals find hydrogen peroxide as a good remedy for toothache. Simply hold half teaspoon of 3% hydrogen peroxide in the mouth over the infected tooth for a few minutes or soak a cotton ball in the liquid and place it on the tooth.
- Nutmeg Oil is also proved to be a useful for toothache treatment. Put drop of nutmeg oil on a cotton swab and apply t on the gum area of the aching tooth.
- Plantain Leaves, Guava Leaves and Spinach Leaves are also a natural remedy to get rid of toothache. Chew any of these leaves or crush and apply them on the infected area. A mouth wash can also be made by boiling guava leaves in water mixed with salt.
- Cucumber Fresh piece of cucumber can be used as a natural cure for toothache by placing it on the sore tooth. The cold piece of cucumber provides fast relief to the intolerable toothache. This should not be used on sensitive teeth. Alternatively, mashed cucumber mixed with salt can also be applied on the painful area.
- Baking Soda A mixture of baking soda with some water can also be applied on the paining tooth. A swish of the mouth with baking powder in lukewarm water is also beneficial.
Natural home tips for toothache or tooth pain relief
Salt and pepper
Both salt and pepper are the ingredients which is utmost essential for your kitchen. These two ingredients add taste to whatever curry you prepare. But, did you know that the combination of the both also work in treating your tooth problems? Both the items have anti bacterial and anti inflammatory properties which also is an analgesic. You have to mix half spoon each of salt and pepper with little water to make a paste. Now apply over the affected area and stay away from tooth ache.
You must be consuming onion regularly in your food dishes or salads. But, few of you are not aware that it also works in a wonderful way to remove the tooth problems. This particular kitchen has the anti microbial properties. The germs attack in your tooth can be eradicated with onion. If you are suffering from such pain, just try out chewing a raw onion and see the difference.
Juice from wheat grass
You can now get a wonderful relief from tooth ache if the wheat grass juice is used for washing your mouth on a regular basis. It works really well by absorbing the toxins present in your teeth and gums. The growth of bacteria and other infection in your gums will be restricted through this method. You should do this regularly to stay healthy.