One of the biggest issues you start facing that can take such a huge toll on your confidence is the appearance of cellulite. Cellulite stems from the accumulation of fat between fibrous connective cords that adhere the skin to the underlying muscles. While it can also happen to men, it is more common in women with over 80% of women experiencing some amount of dimpling on the skin. Since the issue only worsens with age, with the loss of the elasticity of the skin with age, it only gets worse. While most commonly cellulite appears on the hips and thighs, it can be present on the belly as well.
While there are almost no quick fixes for cellulite, there are certain lifestyle changes and DIY projects you can undertake to reduce the appearance of cellulite on your skin and get that flawless, perfect skin you have always dreamed of.
- The first and foremost thing you should focus on is targeting the issue at the very root of the cause, and boosting the health of the body’s lymphatic system. A slower lymphatic system can make the body retain toxins, subsequently stored in fat, which shows up as cellulite on the body. The key is to ensure you drink plenty of fluids, have a balanced diet and indulge in some lymphatic massages.
- Detoxing your liver is a very crucial step to help reduce cellulite and fat. Consume food that helps boost the health of your liver, like cranberries, broccoli, lemon juice in lukewarm water, eggs etc. Cut out junk food that may stress out your liver and slow down metabolism.
- Remove saturated and trans fats and incorporate omega 3, 6 and 9. These are present in chia seeds, flaxseed oil, fish oil; black currant seeds and primrose oils and olive and macadamia nut oils respectively. These are very high in their oleic acid content which has been linked to suppressing yeast from overgrowing in your body which can boost bloating, which can have a correlation with the appearance of cellulite on the body.
- Weight loss via natural methods like exercising and maintaining a healthy diet can help to strengthen your abdominal muscles and improve the appearance of the belly. It can boost the lymph channels flowing. Combine high and low intensity cardio to boost fat burning.
- Stress management is key to losing cellulite and keeping it at bay. With increased stress levels, your cortisol levels stay elevated which pushes the body enzymes to deposit and store fat in the body. Try to get plenty of sleep and try natural ways to reduce stress like meditation or yoga.
DIY recipes to reduce appearance of cellulite instantaneously
If you are looking for something that can help boost the lifestyle changes mentioned above, here are a few DIY procedures you can try.
- Coffee is the magical ingredient when it comes to cellulite. A coffee and sugar scrub can help to exfioliate your skin and help to reduce the appearance of cellulite on your body and is super easy to make. Mix 1/4th cup of coffee grounds, 3 tbsp sugar and 2-3 tbsp coconut oil to form a thick paste, apply on the skin and massage in applying pressure. Rinse off.
- Apple cider vinegar, being rich in magnesium, potassium and calcium can help detox your body, reduce water retention in the body and improve the appearance of cellulite. Mix two parts water with one part apple part of apple cider vinegar and a little honey. Apply and massage in to cellulite areas. Rinse with warm water.
- Gelatin is made from bones, organs and the fibrous tissues of animals and can help to improve and boost digestion and help your body absorb food faster and can help to give you energy sans the fat, making it a great ingredient to boost weight loss and reduce cellulite.
- Tomatoes have lycopene that can help reduce fat deposit in the body. Grind 2-3 with 1-2 tsp lemon juice, apply and massage.
- Seaweed can help to boost blood circulation and can help flush out toxins and reduce cellulite. Mix ¼ cup sea salt, 3tbsp ground seaweed, ¼ cup olive oil and 1-2tsp coconut oil with any essential oil, mix, apply on cellulite and massage in.
With these DIY recipes and a few fundamental changes to your lifestyle, you can reduce the appearance of cellulite and eventually get rid of it.