Most women want to look attractive and beautiful with no traces of hair on their face. Facial hair growth is natural but when the growth is excessive it tends to affect the confidence of the woman and cause embarrassment. Hair growth can be caused by hormonal changes during pregnancy or menopause in a woman. Genetics also plays a role in facial hair growth. There are several methods such as shaving, laser treatment, bleaching and waxing that help to remove facial hair. They are found to be painful, time consuming and may even damage the skin in due course. Home remedies for removal of facial hair are found to be most beneficial.
Does the popped out hair strands on the face are damaging your beauty looks and now you are in the quest of an ideal treatment! Then check the popular facial hair removal methods below and opt the one that best suits your skin type and other factors.
Popular methods of hair removal
- Waxing the method of waxing used for removing facial hair can be done in the salon or at home also. It is an easy effective method which lasts for a long time as it removes the hair from the roots. Waxing done with natural ingredients like salt, sugar, chocolate and fruits like mango are a better option than chemically made waxes. The chemically made waxing can cause allergies and lead to itching, redness and inflammation. Regular use of this method can also lead to loose and sag the facial skin
- Razors are cheaper and easier to use than waxing to remove unwanted facial hair. It is not a very effective method and requires to be repeated often. It can also lead to cuts and irritation on the face.
- Epilators are easy to use but not very effective in removing facial hair completely as they simply scrape the hair from the surface and not remove them from the roots hence re-growth takes place in a short time.
- Threading is one of the cheapest methods adopted by most women for removal of hair from the chin and cheek.
- Bleaching the method of bleaching normally hide the hair and make them invisible. This is normally done with makeup.
- Hair Removal Creams can be used at home in an effective manner. These hair removal creams often contain chemicals which can harm the skin. They remove the hair superficially and need to be repeated often. They can also have a damaging effect on the texture, tone and look of the skin.
- Laser Hair Removal is the safest and most effective method for facial hair removal permanently butit turns out to be very expensive.
Preventing methods of facial hair
Tweezing is a popular way to remove out the unwanted hair strands in any area of the skin according to your requirement. Removing hair strands near the chin, upper-lip and eyebrows becomes easy when to try using tweezing method. It pulls the hair from its root and shows up the area clean.
On the other side of the coin, tweezing also has its cons. It consumes more amount of time as the scope is to concentrate on little bunch of hair strands. And it is not an ideal method to deal with hair present in the lengthy skin areas like hands and legs etc. So go with tweezing according to the vicinity of the skin. While removing the hair using tweezing results irritation and scratches for the sensitive skin people. Hence you need to test for small skin area.
Waxing is a renowned technique to remove the hair in the body. It resembles tweezing because it also pulls the hair from the roots but the difference is that it helps to remove the hair from lengthy skin areas. At a single punch it swipes the hair from that area. Choosing the option of waxing to remove the hair on the face is a good way to wipe away the unwanted hair on the sides of the face. And is it not recommended for the chin area because it leads to irritation and pain.
People with dark completion might feel irritated and inflamed while waxing, so additional caring steps are necessary.
Laser is a trending technology to swipe the unwanted hair in the face. It’s waving as a perfect solution for the fair skinned people with dark hair. People with dark facial skin can get the endeavoring benefits when the treatment is finished by an expertise. Laser treatment is not suggested for the people who are having white or light blonde hair as it doesn’t works effective.
Laser treatment is less expensive when compared with the electrolysis treatment and it also saves your time. How ever, before going to get treated with laser, one must need to consult their dermatologist and seek the advice.
Electrolysis is a method of killing the cells that are promoting the growth of facial hair. In this treatment, by using a metal probe, an electric shock is given to kill the hair follicles, which results in the permanent pull out of facial hair.
Like every method it also consists of some drawbacks. They are: It is an expensive method to get treated with and it takes approximately four years to prevent the growth of the hair completely. How ever, getting treated by a professional is highly recommended when you are choosing this method.
Threading is a traditional method of hair removal where most of the salons offer. Professionals who do threading use strings they twist in a pattern and use to pull unwanted hair out.
Hair removal creams or bleaches
Both the bleaches and hair removal creams are painless treatments. But the best trick is to find the brand cream which suits the skin. Avoid the creams that give side effects. If you use the bleaches then choose the perfect one. Bleaching changes the color similar to your skin tone. Stop using if you have any reactions. Better not to expose to sun after using the creams.
Having clear and clean skin is a dream for everyone. Follow some home remedies for unwanted hair removal. This gives you success in saving lots of money and getting rid from unwanted hair removal.
Home remedies to get rid of facial hair
- Gelatin Peel-off Mask This is an easiest way to remove facial hair instantly without any side effects. Gelatin can be mixed with essential oil or lemon juice to make the mask. Prepare this peel off mask by mixing unflavored gelatin with milk lime juice and lavender essential oil in a bowl. Place the mixture in the microwave for 20 seconds and apply it on the face fully or on areas where there is prominent facial hair growth. Leave it to dry and then pull it off after 5 minutes.
- Apricot and Honey Facial Scrub Apricot is found to be very effective in removing facial hair. Dried apricots can be ground coarsely and mixed with honey to make an excellent scrub to remove unwanted facial hair. Apply this mixture on the face and leave it for 10 minutes. Then scrub it gently for about 20 minutes. Before washing it with lukewarm water.
- Wheat bran Scrubs wheat bran is the leftover from the Atta. It is a very effective cosmetic product in making effective scrubs for removal of unwanted facial hair. Mix wheat bran with some rosewater and milk and prepare a coarse scrub. Apply it on the face and leave it for few minutes. Then scrub the face gently with fingertips in circular movements till the paste dries up completely.
Wheat bran can also be used with gram flour,curd and turmeric powder to make the scrub for removing facial hair.
- Sugaring is an effective hair removal method which is conducted by pulling the hair in the direction of the hair growth. Sugaring is a hair removal technique that was established in Egypt centuries ago. The process of sugaring involves heating of sugar in small amount of water and few drops of lemon juice. It is will become a thick red colored paste which can be spread on the face after dusting the face with cornstarch. Place a clean muslin cloth over the mixture and press it hard. Then pull it off in the direction of the growth of hair.