Prom nights are knocking at the door and this time, you cannot afford to miss some stunning yet surprisingly simple makeup looks to be the Miss Perfect. Whether you get the crown or not, the following makeup ideas will help you look like a prom queen for sure.
Your face is like a canvas to create a work of art, so it is important to start off with a ‘clear slate’. Clean your face thoroughly before applying your makeup. A face wash is a good way to start with. Pat your skin dry. There is no need to scrub your face.
Apply a layer of foundation
Your base makeup will start with the application of foundation makeup and it is one of the most important aspects of any type of makeup. How you do your base makeup has a lot to do with how you will be looking on the big day. Do not skimp on buying a good foundation. Make sure to shop around and find the best thing to suit your skin tone. Also, make sure that you are comfortable with the foundation that you are wearing.
Your eye makeup can indeed set you apart from others and help you create a customized look. Decide on the appearance that you want to don- dark, mysterious and smoky or light, lively and flirty. Never hesitate to utilize different shades to create a look according to your preference- simple or drastic. It might take a little time to find the right look, so make sure that you decide on it before hand. Complete your makeup by tending to your eyelashes. Make them appear longer by using mascara or eyelash curlers. Make sure that the makeup is blended well and does not make the look ‘overwhelming’.
On creating smoky eyes
Perhaps, the greatest thing about smoky eyes is that, this look suits any eye color. So whether you have blue, black or green eyes, you can go safe with this eye makeup. All you will need to do is to choose the right shade of eye shadow. Smoky eyes are one of the most popular eye makeup trends nowadays. Here’s how you can do it:
- You can create the look by using black eyeliners, mascara and eye shadows. However, this does not necessarily mean that everything has to be black.
- You can consider using shades of blue and/or gray to create and intense, dramatic look.
- Keep the black around your eyes, shadowing up from that place.
- When using blue/ gray eye shadow, blend the lighter shades, making sure that the eyeliner remains concentrated around the lash line of your top, as well as bottom lashes.
On choosing lip colors
No girl can have enough lipsticks. In fact, lip makeup is as important as your eye makeup. Choose your lip color according to your looks and create a drama. However, it is equally important that your lip color co ordinates with your overall look.
- If you are emphasizing more on eye makeup, then try not to ‘overdo’ your lips. For example, an electrifying blue eye shadow, when paired with a bright devilish red lipstick, then you will look ‘different’ for sure, but not in the manner you want.
- Keep a balanced approach so that you do not end up looking like a paint box.
- Usually, red lip colors go good with smoky eyes. Use pinkish, light shades if you have gone for heavier eye makeup.
Celebrity makeup looks ideas
Finally, it’s time to check some celebrity makeup looks and see if they will work for you-
- Liquid Metal Shadow of Anna Kendrick: use a stylish metallic eye shadow or go for something glittery. Next, apply another layer of metallic, creamy shadow over the lids. Blend with a bit of brown or matte eye shadows around the corners of your eyes to give a smoky effect.
- Icy Eye Shadow of Sasha Pieterse: If you are wearing a simple dress, then complete the look with an all-shimmery makeup. Use shades of white to highlight your waterlines.
- Updated Retro by Emma Stone: Try the good old Hollywood glam feel and look, but try swapping the red lipstick with the flirty shades of pink.