Toothpaste, it is something which is easily available at our home. It is one solution to the problems related with blackheads. We use it to keep our teeth clean and mouth fresh but few people do know that the ingredients present in the toothpaste can also cure and remove blackheads.
Blackheads are dirt and dust particles trapped in the pores of the skin which are exposed to the air. Due the non presence of a layer of skin on them, they turn black in color though they are a kind of pimple too. It is a blockage due to the sebum and keratin from the skin cells storing up in the hair follicles, as stated by the website for England’s Public Healthcare System, National Health Service. This obstruction oxidizes and turns black as it comes with contact with air. It is a combined structure of bacteria and oil which blocks the skin pores.
Toothpaste is an easy remedy to get rid of blackheads. It contains various chemicals and natural ingredient extracts which heals and removes blackheads effectively. It consists of hydrogen peroxide, baking soda, triclosa, menthol, alcohol, mint, salt, clove, etc. Triclosan is an antibacterial ingredient found in many skin care products which helps to dry out excess oil and keep the skin cleansed. There are other ingredients too which helps soak excess oil from the skin and remove all the impurities from the skin pores. Use herbal or all white toothpaste to heal or remove blackheads from your skin. Avoid using gel toothpaste as it may not be helpful and have side effects on the skin. If the toothpaste applied on the affected area gives an irritation kind of feeling or redness, do rinse it with water as soon as possible. Run a test by applying very little of it on your skin and if you don’t experience any problem then go ahead and apply it to the infected portion of the skin. Some toothpaste may dry out the skin completely, so it is advised to use a moisturizer after you are done with the toothpaste treatment.
Toothpaste remedies to remove blackheads
Select the proper type of toothpaste
You cannot use any other toothpaste except all white and herbal toothpaste. All white toothpaste does not contain any other ingredient except the regular ingredients which is enough to remove blackheads. Herbal toothpaste is also effective as they are made of herbal substances and tend to have less or zero side effect on the skin. Mint based toothpaste is also helpful as mint soaks the oil from the skin and lets your skin shine.
- Take an adequate amount of toothpaste as required.
- Apply it on the skin affected by blackheads.
- Leave it for 10 to 15 minutes and then rinse with cool water.
- Pat dry and apply some moisturizer if the skin is too dry.
Wash your face and apply the toothpaste
Wash your face before apply toothpaste on the skin.
- Make sure that your skin is dry and apply a coating of toothpaste on your skin, rub it in a circular motion.
- Let it dry and when it’s completely dry wash off with water.
- Alternatively you can apply a layer of toothpaste on the skin.
- When it has dried completely use a wet cloth to wipe it out gently.
Add salt to the toothpaste for quicker results
- Wash your face with warm water.
- Make a mixture of salt and toothpaste.
- If the mixture is too thick then add few drops of water to it.
- Apply it on the skin.
- Leave it for 8 to 10 minutes and then rinse it with water.
- Make sure the skin remains moisturized throughout the process.
- Use ice cube to free the pores and stop from getting attacked by bacteria right after the treatment.
- Alternatively you can use baking soda in place of salt.
Salicylic acid cure
If your skin is badly affected by blackheads, use salicylic containing toothpaste. It kills the bacteria and helps cleanse the skin pores.
- Apply it on the skin.
- Let it dry.
- Rinse with regular water.