Breastfeeding is the most important phase of every mother and child after pregnancy. To nurture the infants health care mother have to make a list of what to eat and what to limit. This will not only provides the perfect health in the infant stage but helps in the complete life cycle.
Nursing moms need to follow the prescribed food diet for your little one’s health benefit. Here goes the food diet tips to be followed by nursing mom.
1.Experts found that the family having strong allergy history will makes the baby to show it in the future. If you suspect infant is having food allergies try to avoid the most allergenic foods including dairy products, soy, egg whites, peanuts, tree nuts and wheat.
2. Garlic in the food dives for the garlic odor in the milk which gives a little garlic flavor to the milk, this odor may sits after two hours of meals. Few babies find the garlic aroma irksome while having the milk.
3. Spitting up, fussiness and diaper rash are some of the most often noticeable problems of baby, it might be due to consumption of citrus fruits. Compounds found in the citrus fruits irritate immature GI tract and gives raise those above symptoms. Instead of oranges, lime and lemons use mango and papaya.
4. If you eat the dairy products like cheese, yogurt and ice cream, allergens will enter the breast milk and results some common problems like an allergy or sensitivity to dairy products. It leads to vomiting, sleeplessness, dry or rough red skin patches.
5. Fish comprises of mercury compounds and they reach the breast milk and causes the fussiness to the infant or gas some times. Most avoidable fish in the times of breastfeeding include shark, swordfish and tilefish.
6.Coffee which contains of caffeine may ends up in the breast milk, baby finds tough to secrete the caffeine and it leads sleeplessness and irritation. So up to until the closing of nursing session try to down the coffee cup.
7. There are proven results that drinking alcohols causes drowsiness, weakness, deep sleep and abnormal weight gain in the baby, and it also decreases the expel of milk in the mother. So in order to nurture your baby give up the consumption of alcohols.
8. Eating of peanuts while breastfeeding period may prompt for the allergies, if they are seen earlier in your family. It generates symptoms such as wheezing, rashes and hives. Few infants don’t show any symptoms of allergies though having. Try to skip out the pea nuts and other tress nuts to keep the allergies at bay.
9. Try to dip down the spiciness in the meals, spiciness makes the infant irritated and will be a cause of fussiness. So delete the hot peppers and use ginger or lime juice to spice up your food.
10. Chocolate will also cause some irritation problems to the baby as it also comprises of the caffeine as like coffee. Don’t consume it for a period of time to provide better health to baby.
11. Spicy food: Avoid spicy food in your diet for post pregnancy. Spicy foods can easily pass into your unborn baby that can tender intestines and bloodstream. So, it is better to avoid spicy food. The baby’s digestive tract is still very tender that can digest only simple breast milk. It is better to avoid spicy food for at least 6 months.
12. Oily food: Oily food will store fat in your body that can be a hurdle in getting your old, fit body back. Regret eating ghee, and sweets that may cause strain.
13. Gas and acidity producing foods: Avoid gas, acidity and belching food that effects you baby’s tiny frame. Avoid foods like milk products like soft cheese, ice cream, oats, beans, and soft drinks. Avoid dizzy drinks also as they are very strict and not for post delivery moms.
14. Medications: Never take any medicine without any consulting your doctor or baby’s pediatrician. Because it will affect baby, the medications and its compounds will pass your baby through breast milk.
15. Avoid CAN: Avoid caffeine, alcohol, and nicotine in your diet. They are dangerous to baby, and will effect at the time of breast feeding. Remember that your baby is still part of your body. It may cause diarrhea, dehydration and colic in the baby.
16. Avoid irritant and allergies:New moms should be careful and observe that new born baby’s will effect with irritate or cause allergies due to breast milk. If your baby might be suffering from food irritation or allergies, then stop eating that food. Consult your child’s pediatrician to diagnose the problem and find out a solution for it.
It’s better to follow the doctor suggested diet or following food journal. Food journal include specific details of not only what you eat but also you’re the foods, the time you fed your baby. How the baby reacted in the hours following the feeding. Make a note that any fussiness or possible reactions and later discuss these with your doctor.
17. Avoid dieting: First priority is to give your baby what she needs at the right time. So, immediate after post pregnancy; don’t try to cut your calories. It will not only affect you but also your baby.