Winter brings cold climatic condition with extreme dry wind that can make your skin dry and flaky. This is the time when you need to take good care of the skin. Winter brings great opportunity for people around to travel as it is always better to organize trips during winter than facing the scorching sun rays of summer. During winter travelling means less trouble and maximum enjoyment. You can take your kids and entire family in order to enjoy the vacation. If you are going to such a place where is a lot of snowfalls, freezing rain and other extreme climatic condition, protection from such climate will be an important consideration. Let us consider some of the winter travel tips during the season for people belonging to all age group.
Travel tips during winter
- Get known to weather: If you are traveling by airways then must check the weather of connecting cities with the destination and departure airports. It is the primary concern of all to know the weather to their towns and connecting airports as well. If you find threatening weather, then contact your airline to make you reroute if possible.
- Choose morning time to travel: It is a great concern to choose the right time for traveling. If you are going by the flight, then morning time will be the best to select so that if there is any delay or other difficulties with the traveling, then you would have several options to see the alternate flights by the end of the day.
- Keep some emergency items: Traveling by vehicle needs extra care and precaution. If you are going by vehicle, then keep some essential things that can help you in an emergency — the equipment like the flashlight, extra batteries, windshield scraper, and other stuff that can help you to overcome the difficulties related vehicle.
- Put extra clothing: While traveling by vehicle make sure; you have kept extra clothing like blankets, gloves, woolen, coat, and other essential clothes that are required to resist the weather. Caring about clothing can help you to stay away from falling sick and getting other health issues while traveling.
- Keep calm: The most important thing is to keeping calm yourself. Before going for the traveling in any season or any time you need to make your mindset cool so that even if the things do not go according to you also if it goes wrong, then you should be calm enough to avoid the problems. Staying calm will help you to overcome the suddenly occurred difficulties.
- Woolen cloths: Traveling during winter will be incomplete without woolen clothes. The first and foremost thing you need to plan while you are packing your bags will be woolen clothes and winter garments. The jackets, pullovers, hats, coats etc will be important consideration. In order to protect your body parts from the chilled weather conditions, it is important to take winder garments. If you are going to the place where snow fall and iceberg is found, the winter garments such as jackets that has waterproofing facility is also to be considered.
- Shoes for winter: During winter you would require shoes that will keep your feet warm and do not have an effect of cold bites. Along with the protection of extreme cold climatic condition your shoes should also be really fashionable as you want others to see your shoes and appreciate during the trip. You must get the shoes that are of dark color as this will help you stay away from stains. This will be really important when you have gone to a place where there are a lot of mud spread over.
- Sunscreen in winter: Some people have a misconception that winter means people will be happy to stay under the sun. But, this is a wrong concept all together. Even the winter sun rays is really hard and enough to have sunburn. Thus eve when you are travelling during winter, application of the sunscreen lotion is an important consideration or else you will positively get the sunburn on your face.
- Polarized sunglass: When you are going for a trip during winter, getting a polarized sunglass will be an important consideration. This is very effective when you are going to the area where the snowfall is visibly viewed. Otherwise the slow junks can fall over your eyes and you can get cold inside your eyes. During the winter season when you are driving by car, the sun is found to be lower in the sky. Thus, you can get eye sight problem with bare eye. Thus, the polarized glasses will work really well in such condition.
- Lower body protection: During winter, we generally have a tendency to have protective garments and instruments that lies over the waistline. We generally do ignore our lower body part. But when you are going to a place where the temperature is extremely cold, you need to have lower part of your body protection. This is really important when you are going to spend long days and evening hours in cold weather. The lower body base layer will effectively keep your legs comfortable for a longer period of time. Your lower part will be affected with frost bite if you don’t take much protection for the region.
- Pack medicines: While you are going for a trip to a different area or the country during the winter, there will be climatic changes as well. The winter wind and weather condition of the place will be different as compared to that of your area. Thus, there is a good chance that you will fall ill. Especially when you are carrying small child and baby, the chances of getting ill is quite high. You need to carry medicines after consulting with the pediatrician. For adult’s medicines will be quite easier to be taken as you might already have such medicine in your medicine box.
Chances of influenza, asthma problem or any other flu infection will be quite common. Thus, you have to take the tool and medicines that will keep you away from such trouble throughout your trip.
- Light packing for trip: During a trip no one wishes to carry heavy luggage as they need to travel a long way. If you are travelling by airline, you need to face the restriction of package. After certain weight, there will be extra charges for the weight. Many people leaves their extra material right at the airport as the amount charged for it is higher than the value of material that has been purchased. You should always carry lighter weight suit case and the baggage that has lighter weight.
- Leg to be stretched: While travelling to a place you need to stay in a single posture for a longer period of time. This gives rise to improper blood circulation over your leg area. Due to this you can also suffer from inflammation of legs for a longer period of time. If you want to get your blood circulation intact and in a running condition, try stretching legs continuously. Since there is a possibility of getting deep vein thrombosis, stretching your legs and moving them occasionally will help you stay away from such troubles.
- Carry water and hydration: Even during winter you need to stay hydrated when you are travelling a long way. Do not think that since you are travelling during winter you won’t require water as people hardly require water in this season. But even during winter you can fee dehydrated and would require water. You must always keep on drinking water throughout the day while you have taken a step ahead to travel. If you don’t drink water, you can come across the problem of fatigue and the whole system will be disrupted.