Researchers have time and again proved the essentiality of water. Warm water works better than normal water, but what we will discuss here, is the essence of warm water added with honey.
The combination of the two is known to add great benefits to our body, and according to your concern, honey and water are apt for weight loss too. In this article, we will know with a little more intricacy, on how honey and warm water can shed weight.
This simply home remedy doesn’t proclaim of reducing weight excessively or work within a short span of time, but it can enhance its credibility according to the efficiency of exercising and diet.
How can honey and warm water help reduce weight?
We are often prone to consuming processed and sugared products, which hinders weight loss. When you replace sugar with honey, you get the exact sweetness, but with a reduced amount of calories. It is also known to curb your diet and avoid over consumption of junk food.
People usually get the maximum amount of calories from sweetened beverages and sugar. If you substitute your patent beverage with honey and warm water, they will not only retain sweetness like a beverage does, but also cut down on calorie content for about 63%.
For example, you add about 150 calories while consuming a 12 ounce soda and 170 calories from coffee. When you consume a cup of warm water with 1 tablespoon of honey, you only add 64 calories to your body!
The combination of honey and warm water is an amazing remedy to lose weight. They are known to breakdown the food that you have been consuming and improves metabolism.
On the other hand, it is also known to work like the best detoxifier when you consume it early in the morning.
This drink is known to wash away the unwanted toxins and make you feel lighter. Adding honey to your body works like an instant energizer, which freshens up your mood and lets you work a little longer.
Tips to drink honey and warm water for weight loss
The desired amount of sweetness with differ the water content in the cup. Experiment it with adequate water than you will need with 1 tablespoon of honey.
If you feel that the cells in your body isn’t fluid enough, they will send a signal to your brain and that is when you’d want to retain water. The more water you add to the drink, the more weight you might loss. Your kidneys reduce excess fluid and functions better too.
When you have decided to opt for this drink, you should know the best time that it should be consumed at.
Drink one glass of honey with warm water before a meal will keep you fuller for a longer span of time, improve metabolism and also curb the amount you were going to consume without the drink!
When you start eating lesser, you will gain less weight. Drink this mix in the morning, on an empty stomach, to boost energy and have a fresh start to the day.
More ways to consume honey and warm water
If you want to enhance the benefits and taste, you can add some more ingredients to your drink.
- Add lemon to warm water and honey, for making the weight loss process better. Lemon, with its acidic properties, is known to cut down on calories and make you feel better. This is definitely better than consuming honey and warm water only. Add 1 teaspoon of lemon extract to the mix and get the citrusy flavor. This is a refreshing drink that can be consumed at any time of the day. Of course, early mornings are the best!
- You can add honey to your black tea and make it taste better. You replace sugar with honey and that lessens the calorie intake. Honey also comes in with all the promised benefits, and you don’t have to skip your favorite beverage. So, honey and warm water can be brewed with tea and then consumed as well. This will be apt if you can consume green tea instead of any other type of tea!
- If you don’t want to make your drink citrusy, you can add cinnamon instead. Cinnamon comes with weight loss benefits, so all you’d have to do is add 1 tablespoon of cinnamon powder. They are refreshing and improve mouth smell. ]
Other methods to consume honey for weight loss
Now that you know the amazing variations with honey and warm water, look into the different ways of using honey for weight loss.
- If you consume a fruit regularly, you might already be taking a good step towards fitness. Try and add 1 apple to your diet everyday for the best benefits! Slice one apple into wedges and then top it with honey. The fibrous content will add quick energy. You can also sprinkle some cinnamon powder for improved taste.
- You can add honey to granola if you consume it for breakfast regularly. It sweetens your snack and makes it healthier. Add 1 cup of yogurt, 1 teaspoon of lemon extract, ½ cup of granola with 1 tablespoon of honey. This amazing combination adds vitamins and fiber to your breakfast and kick starts the day!
- You can also make some tasty grilled chicken, topped with honey. Take boneless chicken breast and have it skinned-less. Add honey and then grill it over fire. The chicken will get caramelized and will be quite low in calories!
Honey and warm water are really great for your diet, but there are some aspects that you need to look into:
- If you have blood sugar problem, you need to know that honey contains simple carbohydrates. They can be responsible for increasing blood sugar rapidly and should be consulted by a doctor before use.
- Honey includes calories if not as much as sugar. It is surely adds a great amount of nutrition but you need to measure the calorie intake that comes along!