Carrots are rich in β-carotene, which is metabolized in the body as Vitamin A.They are also rich in Vitamin C, Vitamin K and dietary fibers. All these nutrients of carrot make the face brighter, keep the skin glowing and help combat acne Carrots also beneficial for the skin when it is used as face masks and face packs.
The packs made from carrots leave the skin looking beautiful, young and fresh. They are great for oily skin and they also revitalize dull and tired skin cells. They help in cleaning out toxins and accumulated dirt on skin and hair in a very effective way. In case you have rough skin, and you want it to be moist and supple then why not try experimenting with carrot face pack?
This may turn out as one of the best facial mask available for you. Carrot face mask is an effective to help yo improve your complexion, make you feel fresh, to make your skin firm and glowing. Carrot contains glucose, birdwatcher, iodine, potassium, carotene and many other nutrients.
Do you have carrots in your meal on a regular basis? This vegetable is better for arranging salads apart from including in curries. It has good amount of vitamins if you can consume it raw. Now, you can also get wonderful beauty benefits with the pack made up of carrot face mask. Different combinations of carrot and other ingredients will give you a boost in glowing skin tone.
Carrot has beta carotene which is effective to get proper metabolism of your body just like the use of vitamin A. Other vitamins that are included in carrot are vitamin C and vitamin K. You can easily get fair and attractive skin tone.
Below mentioned are few carrot masks for your face
- In case you have dry skin color then take carrots, squeeze out and make juice from that. Mix 1 tbsp cucumber paste and 1 tbsp of sour cream and apply it on your face and neck. Leave it for about 15-20 minutes and wash it off with normal water. This mask makes skin soft, supplies natural nutrition on the skin and makes it glow.
- Take carrot juice, lemon juice, gram flour(besan) and curdled milk( buttermilk) in equivalent quantity and mix all of them together. Put the mask for an hour on your face and wash it off with normal water. This is an anti aging mask and may be used 2-3 times a week. It helps get a glow on your face and makes it look young and beautiful.
- Combine 1 tbsp of carrot juice, 1 tbsp of egg white, one huge spoon of yogurt and 1 spoon of organic olive oil. Mix all in a bowl. Beat the particular mask thoroughly and apply it on your face and neck. Leave it for 25 minutes then wash it with warm water. Carrot helps attain beautiful color on your face and also contain robust antioxidants that reverse the skin damage due to the age factor and sun’s rays.
- Take grated carrot, milk powder and sugar mix them properly and rub it on the face. Leave it for 15-20 minutes and wash it off with warm water. Apply this scrub once a week to get a beautiful glow on the face.
- Take Orange juice and mix carrot juice in it. Massage the mixture on the face before applying makeup. This will enhance your makeup.
Homemade masks made from carrots are most appropriate for people with normal to oily skin types. Other ingredients can also be included to suit one’s needs. For example extra virgin oil or mashed avocado can be included to make it a hydrating mask.
Carrot face packs and masks for glowing face
- Carrot face pack with papaya is useful for getting a fair skinin a natural manner. Prepare the pack by making a paste of carrot, papaya and milk. Apply it on the face for 20 minutes andthen washthe face mildly with tepid water.
- Carrot juice face pack with honey is a natural moisturizer for dull, dry skin.Make a carrot face pack with one teaspoonful of carrot juice and one teaspoonful of honey. Apply on the face and washit off after 15 minutes.
- Carrot face pack with cinnamon, honey is an ideal pack for acne and pimples. It also adds a glow to the skin. Mix some carrot juice with a teaspoonful of honey and 2 pinches of cinnamon powderand applyit evenly on the clean face. Wash it after 20 minutes
- Carrot face pack with banana, egg white for anti-aging– Vitamin A and Vitamin C found in carrots are good for anti-aging skin care. It is an incredible pack for sagging skin. A pack can be prepared with somebanana pulp, egg white and few drops of lime juice.Spread this face pack in circular motion on the face and remove with water after 20 minutes
- Carrot face mask with yogurt, turmeric, besan is helpful for skin tan and exfoliation. It exfoliates the skin gently, reveals younger skin and makesthe skinsmooth. This pack can be made by mixing some carrot paste with a teaspoonful of yogurt, 1 teaspoonful of besan and 3 pinches of turmeric powder. Apply it liberally on the face and wash off the face pack after 20 minutes.
- Carrot peel off mask —Peel off masks are great because they lift off dirt, oil and dead skin from your face. Try this mask by combining 1 tsp gelatine,½ cup carrot juice and ½ tsp. lemon juice in a microwave bowl and heat it until the gelatine dissolves. Stir and keep the mixture in the fridge for 30 minutes or until it becomes thick and firm.Apply the mixture evenly on the face and let it set until it is dried. Peel off carefully and thenwash the face.Splash the face with cold water to tighten pores.
- Carrot and avocado make an ideal moisturizingmask especiallyfordry, elbows, knees, ankles and feet. Mix 1 mashed avocado, 1 gratedcarrot, 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, and 1 tablespoon Epsom salt. Rub the mixture in a circular motion on affected areas.. Let the mask set for 20 minutes and rinse away with warm water.
- Carrot and oatmeal mask for glowing skin—Peel, steam and make a paste of some carrots. Add some oatmeal to thicken the paste and some honey. Just leave it on for 10-15 minutes and then wash off with lukewarm water.
Carrots are packed with antioxidants and are rich in Beta Carotene. They are a natural source of vitamin A which has numerous benefits for our skin.
Benefits of carrot in packs and masks
- Antioxidants of carrot slow down the skin’s aging process.
- Carrots help to maintain the skin’s moisture.
- It also helps to speed up the renewal process of skin cells
- It is an effective treatment for acne. It also helps to heal wounds and pimples.
- It works as an antiseptic that strengthens the immune system and prevents infections
Best carrot face packs and masks for glowing face
Carrot with cucumber
You must be aware that cucumber works in making the skin tone better with its extensive clearing technique. Combination of carrot and cucumber can do wonder. Since carrot is loaded with vitamins, it will work well in rejuvenating your skin. You need to cut the carrot in small pieces. Also get the pieces of cucumber done. Now, add both the ingredients in a mixer grinder. Make a pulp and apply over your face. This will help removing dark spots from face.
Carrot with besan
Another wonderful kitchen product that helps in making your skin glowing is besan or gram flour. The combination of carrot and gram flour will work well. You have to make carrot pulp and keep aside. Now take a small container and add two spoons of gram flour. Also add a spoon of carrot pulp in it. Mix it well and if required add little milk in it. Once it receives the good consistency apply it over your face. Leave this for 10-20 minutes till it is dry. There after wash it with luke warm water.
Yogurt and lemon
Applying yogurt on your skin can also help you get a natural glow. Take a spoon of yogurt in a container and add a spoon of carrot pulp. Now, mix both the ingredients and apply over your face. Let it set on your face till the pack is completely dry. Then you can wash with cold water.