Sugarcane also known as the Ganna is an important member of the grass family. It contains sucrose and is filled with various other nutrients that aids in good health. Mentioned below are few health benefits of sugarcane juice.
Sugarcane juice or ganne ka ras as it is known in Hindi is a popular drink in India especially in summers. India is one of the leading producers of sugarcane in the world. It is one of the healthiest drinks giving lot of natural energy to the body. Sugarcane juice is rich in zinc, chromium, cobalt, magnesium, calcium, phosphorous, potassium and copper. It contains Vitamins A, C, B1, and B2, B5 and B6 and iron. Besides this it has antioxidants, proteins soluble fiber and phytonutrient.
Interesting facts surrounding the consumption of sugarcane
- Despite its sugary name, the juice can contain as little as 15 calories
- Sugarcane is a derivative of grass with 36 different variations of plant
- This cane is actually fat-free, made up of 100% water and 30 grams of natural sugar
Sugar Cane For Acne
Sugarcane juice contains glycolic acid which helps the cells of the skin grow and regenerate which is not only beneficial for skin health, but it helps with the removal of dead skin and therefore the bacteria involved in causing acne. Aside from drinking sugarcane you can also apply it to any problem facial areas and leave to dry before rinsing away for an added boost of goodness!
Sugar Cane For Ageing
Packed with phenolic compounds, antioxidants and flavonoids, sugar cane juice is great for boosting collagen production in the body which keeps the skin soft and supple thus keeping wrinkles at bay! So, by regularly consuming this wonder juice you will achieve soft, glowing and younger looking skin.
Sugar Cane For Bad Breath
Despite its sweet name, sugarcane is great for helping with the bad breath associated with tooth decay. Packed with phosphorus and calcium, it can be beneficial for boosting tooth enamel and therefore combatting rot. Not to mention the potassium content of this juice which naturally strengthens the skeletal structure which includes teeth?
Sugar Cane For Pregnancy
Due to being packed with beneficial nutrients, pregnant women are encouraged to include this juice in their diets. It’s inclusion of B vitamins, especially folic acid it can help with fetal development and is believed to safeguard against some birth defects. It can also help with bodily acidity and digestive issues which are often a common side effect of pregnancy.
Health Benefits of Sugarcane Juice
- Sugarcane juice has all the required vitamins and minerals that provide precious health benefits for the person suffering from various diseases.
- Drinking sugarcane juice instead of artificial and aerated drinks helps to improve the health of a person.
- The juice of Sugarcane helps in treating the burning sensation while passing urine, prostatitis, kidney stones, STD (sexually transmitted disease), and urinary tract infections
- Sugarcane juice reduces the bad cholesterol level in the body and has natural sugar. It helps in eliminating toxins from the body by cleansing, improving metabolism and detoxifying the body. This aids in gradual weight loss especially if taken regularly with lime juice or coconut water.
- It is found to be beneficial for pregnant women because of its contents of iron and folates. These contents enhance the hemoglobin level in pregnant women. It also prevents the unborn baby from variety of birth defects.
- The antioxidant property of sugar cane juice makes the skin soft, fair, supple and healthy. It also helps in delaying the signs of aging on the skin.
- Sugarcane contains natural sugar which has low glycemic index that prevents steep rise in blood glucose levels and so can be taken as a substitute of aerated drinks by diabetics. However people with Type-2 diabetes should consume it in moderation after consulting the doctor.
- Studies show that sugarcane is effective in fighting against cancer especially breast and prostate cancer.
- Sugarcane juice boosts protein levels in the body which is helpful in maintaining the health of the kidney.
- The antioxidants in sugar cane juice help in fighting against infections and boosting the immune system of the body. It also protects liver the liver against infections and helps in keeping the bilirubin levels in control.
- It is helpful in preventing stomach infection and is considered a good digestive aid due to the presence of potassium. It is also useful in treating constipation.
- Studies show that sugarcane juice helps in protecting tooth decay and bad breath because of its high mineral content.
- Sugarcane juice contains all the nutrients that are required for strong shiny nails. It naturally strengthens the nails and prevents them from becoming brittle and discolored.
- Sugarcane juice has been found to be good for people suffering from febrile disorders. Febrile disorders are responsible for causing fevers, which can result in a great amount of protein loss from the body. These can lead to seizures especially in infants and children. Liberal consumption of sugar cane juice provides the necessary protein.
- Sugarcane is beneficial for healthy skin. It helps to fight acne, reduce blemishes, prevent ageing and keeps the skin hydrated. A mask or scrub of sugarcane juice is beneficial for the skin.
- Sugarcane juice is good for the hair and helps in the proper growth of the hair and also prevents hair fall.
- Sugarcane is rich in calcium and phosphorous, which helps in the development of the bones and make your bones strong.
- Sugarcane is beneficial for micturition, caused by high acidity, along with gonorrhea, cystitis nephritis, enlarged prostate.
- Sugarcane juice is a rich source of flavonoids and phenolic compounds. Flavonoids are known to provide anti-inflammatory, anti-tumor, antioxidant, antiviral and anti-allergic benefits to the body.
- Sugarcane Juice is the best remedy for sore throat, freezing and flu.
- Sugarcane juice is naturally sweet. It doesn’t need any added sugar to make it sweet and hence is very beneficial for one’s health. Diabetics can thus enjoy it without being concerned about soaring body-fluid sugar levels (those with type 2 diabetes should still have restricted sugarcane juice).
- It supplies glucose to the body, which is essential for the muscles to supply the body with natural power. It re-hydrates the human body that is usually fatigued from heat and physical activity. It is known to boost the physical power in athletes and other waged laborers.
- It’s recommended for those suffering from fever, which results in protein loss from the body. Consumption of sugarcane juice supplies the body with protein throughout febrile disorders. It also brings down high body temperatures and helps one to recuperate from unwanted illness.
- It’s a perfect thirst quencher and cooling drink during summers. It keeps the body hydrated.
- The effortlessly digestible sugar in sugarcane juice extract assists in speedy recovery from jaundice. The steep fall in glucose grades during jaundice may be replaced by having 3 to 4 glasses of sugarcane juice everyday.
- It’s good for the digestive system and also assists with constipation because of its high potassium content.
- It has a wide variety of compounds in addition to sucrose which bestows it with wound healing properties and strengthens the immune system.
- Regular intake of sugarcane juice extract strengthens the stomach, kidneys, heart, eyes, mind and sex organs.
- It decreases body cholesterol– both LDL and triglycerides.
With so much to offer Sugarcane Juice is definitely something that one need to include in their weekly diet (if not daily diet) to experience its natural healing power. Conclusion–Sugarcane juice is a very healthy substitute of any aerated drink in India. It can also be used as a natural sweetener in drinks like lassi or smoothie. Among others health benefits sugarcane juice hydrates the body and cures kidney stones, diabetes, jaundice, cold, flu and sore throat. Sugarcane juice also has anti-cancer properties. It helps to clear the urinary flow and improve the functions of the kidney. Sugarcane is the best energizing drink when one has been exposed to heat and is physically exhausted. It hydrated the body instantly and helps in regaining energy.