Pores are small openings on our skin. They are mostly smaller in size and can be noticed if checked minutely. But they may tend to become large and open in few cases, especially among the people who are having oily skin. The open pores lead to general skin problems like acne, pimples and blackheads.
Make a note that there are no permanent treatments to clog the unclogged pores but with the help of few home remedies one can reduce their size and diameter.
Natural remedies to treat the open and enlarged pores
- Take a whole egg and separate the egg white from it, whip it for few minutes and store in the refrigerator. Leave it for five minutes and then add it few drops of lemon juice. Apply this mixture on your face entirely and leave it for few minutes. Continue it for a month and note the difference in the size of the pores. It is an ideal pack for the oily skin to reduce the size of the pores and to make the skin firm and tight.
- Mix one tablespoon of vinegar, lemon juice, honey and two tablespoons fresh radish juice in a bowl. Add this mixture to a glass of pure water and pour the solution in a glass jar and store it. Regularly apply this mixture on your face using a cotton ball to shrink the size of pores. It is an easy method that could be tried by any skin type person.
- Grate a cucumber and squeeze the juice from it, add two tablespoons of cucumber juice with one tablespoon of rose water and then apply it on your face with a cotton ball.
- Prepare a soft paste from one tablespoon of gram flour and two tablespoons of curd, spread this paste on your face and let it sit for 15 to 20 minutes. Rinse off with cold water and pat dry the skin with a smooth cloth. Use this pack for two times a week to reduce the size of the pores. It works effective on the dry skin.
- A mixture prepared from two tablespoons of multani mitti and two tablespoons of rose water is a good remedy to treat the enlarged pores in the oily skin. Don’t use this pack regularly as it may dry out your skin.
- Take a ripe papaya and mash it thoroughly. Make a paste and smear it on your face evenly. Apply on those areas where you have more open pores. Leave it for 30 minutes and then wash it off with lukewarm water. This helps in tightening the pores and adds elasticity to your face muscles. The antioxidant in papaya helps improve the texture and repair your skin too.
- Apple cider vinegar is a natural astringent and tones your skin also. Mix this with water and soak a cotton pad in this mixture. Use the cotton to anoint your face with the mixture and leave it for 20 minutes. Rinse off and you will find this tightens the pores. The antimicrobial property helps in treating acne and other bacterial attacks on your face too. The pores are reduced and it keeps the pH balance of your skin intact.
- Baking soda is good for your skin pores too. Use this to remove the oil and dirt on your face and to reduce the pores. Mix the baking soda with water and form a paste. Massage this on your face. Use circular motion for proper application. Then rinse off with normal water. Use this daily for a week and you will find the pores are tightened and any bacterial attack on your facial skin is taken care of.
- Honey is also good for your skin and is a moisturizer. This has got healing properties and can clean your skin too. Tone your skin with this natural exfoliator and close the pores for good. Use honey and anoint your face. You will find the skin of your face glows with health and the pores are smaller. The skin becomes cleaner and healthier.
- Yogurt has got lactic acid and keeps oil away from your skin. This reduces fine lines on your face and minimizes the open pores. Apply yogurt on your face and leave it for 15 minutes. Rinse off with normal water. If you have very oily skin then try mixing egg white with the yogurt and apply on your face. Repeat this twice weekly and you will find a healthier facial skin.
Tips to treat the large pores
- Buy an anti-aging or pore-minimizing cream and use it regularly to reduce the size of the pores. Remember to check the label and consider the one which consists of the ingredients tretinoin or retinoic acid and vitamin A. These ingredients are great in firming the skin.
- Follow a medicinal course that is intended for oily skin. It will help to make your skin to produce less oil which in turn aids in the clearing of the pores.
- Carry a couple of blotting papers with you. They will quickly blot away the excess oil from the skin.
- When you are applying the powder on your face, concentrate on the T-zone (Forehead, nose and chin). Powder absorbs the oil and makes the skin less shiny and oily.
- Avoid any makeup that is based on oily substance. Oil will clog the pores and the pores will grow in size. Try to use oil free products for makeup and try to minimize the products for making up your face.
- Use sunscreen to avoid getting larger pores and wrinkles. You can keep them under control when you are using SPF for your skin.
- Scrub your face regularly with sugar cubes. IT cleans the skin and repairs skin. The pores will be cleaned naturally.
- Do not use products that have got too much alcohol. These can dry your skin and open pores. Check toners or astringents when you buy them and go for products that you have faith in from long use.