Dark skin on the neck is quite rare but there are women who complain. It becomes quite embarrassing to expose the dark neck in front of the mass. During summer when it is too hot you cannot just make a hair up do or a ponytail just because your neck is having a dark tone. It is not possible to leave your hair open all the time to hide the dark neck. You actually need a permanent solution for your black neck. We have brought a series of homemade remedies with the natural ingredients to remove the problem of black neck.
Reasons for dark necks
In many people, the skin around their neck becomes darker than the rest of their body. This condition is called Acanthosisnigricans and is caused by excess pigmentation around the folds and ceases of the neck’s skin. Some of the reasons for darkening of the neck are:
- Lack of proper hygiene: Even when we use a variety of cleaning measures for our face and hands we ignore our necks. Due to this habit dust and dirt starts accumulating in the folds of the neck making it appear darker.
- Sunburns: Exposure to the sun for long hours can result in melanin formation that makes the skin on your neck look darker and result in a permanent tan. The UV rays of the sun produces harmful effects on exposed regions of your body especially your neck.
- Prolonged sweating produces uric acid that will darken your skin over time
- If you are diabetic then, the extra insulin produced by your body can form dark rings all around your throat and neck. It can happen even if you are overweight, and your body produces extra insulin.
- Imbalances in hormone production by your body will lead to melamine formation. When these melanin pigments deposit on your neck, it will result in dark patches.
- Eczema is a fungal infection that will make your neck skin becomes dry and brown. It will cause irritation and itching on your skin. In severe cases, it will make your neck get a dark hue. It is the same condition which causes loss in appetite in pregnant women.
- There is another fungal infection known as Tinea Veriscolor that makes the skin around your neck flakey and brownish. The neck becomes darker during the healing process.
Why you want to limit your beauty? It is a question for the people who pours lot of money for their facials and parlour treatments for the glowing face. They make a beauty boundary and don’t looks for next skin area, neck. Treating the neck part similar to face and taking proper nurture will help to reduce the darkness formed over the neck. So, here are the natural homemade remedies to treat your black neck.
Homemade remedies to treat black neck
As we all know lemon is a born fruit with the natural bleaching properties. These properties help to reduce the darkness of the skin. Mix two tablespoons of lemon juice with two tablespoons of rose water and apply it over the neck affected with darkness by using a cotton ball. Don’t wash it in very next moment, apply the mixture and leave it for the whole night. In the next day morning wash off and pat. Repeat the procedure for a month or so to find the visible results.
Dark skin or dark patches on the neck are due to the accumulation of dead skin on that area. With an intended scrub you can flush off the dead skin cells, by which it helps to reduce the skin darkness.
Use the kitchen ingredient oat as a scrub and wash off the dead skin. Take three or four tablespoons of Oatmeal and grind it, add this with two tablespoons of tomato puree and mix well. Be sure to not grind the oats in to fine powder, if you do so it loses the exfoliating properties. Apply the mixture over the neck skin and leave it for 20 minutes or more. After that, make your fingers wet and scrub gently on the neck surface, and then rinse off with cold water. Follow this remedy for two or three times in a week to get the better results.
Prepare a pack with banana and olive to lighten the dark skin at your neck. Mash a medium sized banana and add two tablespoons of olive oil to it. Spread it on the neck and leave it for 15 minutes and then rinse off with plain water. Try this pack for twice a week to vanish black lines and to get smooth glowing skin.
To reduce the hyper pigmentation on your skin try this naturally made scrub. Take two tablespoons of baking soda in a bowl and add it sufficient amount of water to form as a paste. Apply this paste with your fingertips and wait for 20 to 30 minutes. Baking soda acts as a skin exfoliator, it helps to strip the dark patches on the neck.
When you are moving out from the home, guard yourself with sunscreen. Most of the people limits applying upto face but applying to all the parts which are exposed to sun can tilt your problem.
In some cases, metallic ornaments may be the reason for your black neck, if it is so then doesn’t prepare to wear them.
Raw milk has a great cleansing effect on your skin. The black neck can be a result of dirt accumulation for years. Neck is the area which we cannot see or where our hand does not reach. Thus we are careless about its cleanliness. You must take a cup of raw milk dip cotton ball and apply over your neck portion where you have dark skin. Do this several time and you can view milk changing its color to dark. It means your skin is getting clear.
Aloe vera gel
You can easily get the leaves of Aloe Vera plant in your kitchen garden. Take one out and cut from the middle. Take out the gel portion and apply over your neck where you have dark tinge. If you cannot apply the area ask your family member or friend to do the same. Leave your skin for 20 minutes and then wash with cold water.
Tomato for black neck
The naturally obtained tomato is a wonderful ingredient to remove tan skin. Your back neck can be result of too much exposure of your skin to the sun light. This dark layer has not formed in a day. Rather it took years to take the form. You must cut a portion of tomato and rub the juicy portion of it over the neck where you have dark skin. Wait for 20 minutes after application and remove with simple water.