Most of us take care of the face but neglect the hands. We must remember that hands are equally important. If hands are not cared there will be dark patches caused by tanning. There are several lotions found readily in the market yet they are expensive and may have some side effects. Homemade remedies using natural ingredients are very effective for the treatment of tanned hands.
Ladies are very cautious about their skin color during summer. With the effect of sun rays on the skin, it starts getting dark with the tan effect of sunlight. Not only can your face be affected with tan. Rather, the tan effect can be viewed in your hands. When you wear a half sleeves or sleeve less dress, it is likely that your skin get too much exposed to sun and gets the effect of tan. There are some effective scrubs that help in removing sun tan from your skin completely. Let us learn and try out such scrubs in this article.
Homemade scrubs and packs for tanned hands
- Scrub the tanned hands with a paste made of baking soda and water. Massage the hands gently with the paste for 10 minutes and then wash with cold water.
- Hands with tan formation must be rubbed with the ice cubes for about 5 minutes before washing.
- Applying lemon juice on the skin and leaving it for 15 minutes before washing it with cold water will be effective.
- Make a paste of curds with some turmeric powder. Apply this mask on the hands and leave it for a period of 20 minutes. Now rinse it with cold water.
- A very effective anti-tan mask is made by mixing honey and lemon juice. Apply this mask on the hands and leave it for 20 minutes. Wash the hands after massaging the hands for 2-3 minutes.
- Raw potato or onion slices can be rubbed on tanned hands for 5 minutes. Leave it to dry for another 5 minutes and then wash with cold water.
- Lemon juice, curds and gram flour make an effective mask for tanned skin of the hands. Apply the paste on the hands and leave it to dry for 20 minutes. Then wash it with lukewarm water. It also helps to clear the skin of the hands by removing dead skin cells.
- A past made of coarsely ground oats and buttermilk is also found to a make an effective scrub for removal of tan on the hands.
- Another good mask for tan removal is made by soaking almonds overnight and grinding them into a paste in the morning. Mix the paste with milk cream and apply it on the hands. Leave it for 15 minutes before washing it off with cold water.
- Form a smooth paste with equal amounts of multani mitti, curd and lemon juice. Apply it on the tanned areas of the hands and wash them after 15 minutes.
- Dip the hands in a bowl that contains equal amounts of water and vinegar for 10 minutes. Then wash the hands using cold water.
- Make a paste of white gourd and multani mitti in a bowl. Apply the paste on the hands and leave it for 20 minutes before washing it with cold water.
- A paste made of granulated white or brown sugar and some almond oil makes an excellent exfoliating scrub to lighten the dark patches of tan.
- Rubbing of raw cold milk for about 5 minutes before washing the hands with cold water will help in the removal of tan skin.
- Coconut Water and sandalwood powder together make an effective tan removal pack. Make a paste with the two ingredients and apply it on the hands. Leave it to dry and then wash it with cold water.
- Honey and pineapple make a good paste for removal of tan hands.
- A mixture of lime juice, cucumber juice and rosewater is found to remove harsh sun tan on the hands. The citric quality of lemon and the cooling effect of rosewater are the perfect match tan from the hands. This is useful solution which can be prepared and stored in the refrigerator for a week.
- Make a paste with turmeric powder, milk as well as lime juice. Apply the solution on the hands and leave it for 10 minutes before washing with cold water.
- Constant application of coconut milk on the hands gives very effective results for removal of sun tan.
- The pulp of papaya is also an effective agent to remove sun tan from the hands quickly. Simply massage the pulp of papaya on the hands for 10 minutes. Then leave it on for 15 minutes before washing it off with water.
Summer tan removal scrubs for hands
Milk, honey and lemon scrub
For creating this natural scrub, you will require milk powder of around a teaspoon, honey of same quantity, lemon slice – 1/4th, a pinch of turmeric and rose water. Combine all of these in a bowl and apply it over your hands where you have developed tan. Remove it after 10 minutes.
Tomato and sugar scrub
Tomato is an excellent remedy to remove dark tan from your skin layer. Now combining it with half spoon of sugar will work really well. You have to take out the juice of half a tomato extracting the seeds and add sugar in it. Now combine it and apply on your hand slowly rubbing it with finger tips. Keep this for 20 minutes and remove.
Papaya has worked as an excellent remedy to all those who have been suffering from the problem of tan over the skin layer. All you have to do is make a paste of the cube shaped cut papaya and add some lemon juice in it. Now apply it over your hands for 20 minutes. Remove it with water but rub your skin before removing the scrub.
Fuller earth with aloe vera
The fuller earth will provide you a soothing touch on a hot summer day. Now, you can also remove tan from your skin with combination of fuller earth powder and Aloe Vera juice. Mix both the ingredients really well and apply over your hands. This will make your skin soft and clearer by removing tan.