Hands and feet play a very important role in our body. They are used all through the day facing all kinds of chemical hazards,environmental pollution andneglect. Special beautycare isrequired to keep them healthy. Homemade scrubs and soaks will help in keeping the hands and feet smooth and moisturized.
Today, it is not required to go out and get some costly scrubs that too blend with harmful chemicals from the market. It is possible to make wonderful hand and foot scrubs at home. You don’t have to spend a single penny as all the ingredients used in making scrubs will be readily available at home.
It is also very interesting to learn about how to make homemade scrubs. One of the important ingredients used in making the scrub is sugar. You can easily achieve glowing skin after removal of all dead skins with the help of the home made scrubs.
Cheap scrubs from market
As soon as your skin becomes dull and unattractive due to many factors, it becomes a necessity to provide effective nourishment. Since the branded scrubs available in the market are very expensive, people end up choosing low quality product. You might not realize at an initial stage, but gradually your skin will become rough, dull and unattractive. But, if you can use the products that are available at home and is naturally obtained, positive effects and retention of healthy skin for years will be discovered.
Homemade scrub recipes
Homemade sugar hand scrub
Some people have a problem of dry hand in an occasional basis. There is a solution to remove dryness in your hand with the help of sugar scrub recipe. After you have come back from a hectic day, you can easily get relive with a moisturized hand.
- 1 cup of oil
- 2 cups of sugar
You can use both Canola oil and olive oil. The cheaper alternative will be canola oil. Other oil options include baby oil, grape seed oil and almond oil. Make a perfect mixture of two and rub slowly on your hand. This will help eradicating the dead skin from your hand and allow it to get a glowing texture.
Pumpkin is another important home ingredient to make the skin glowing and attractive.
Mix all these ingredients in a bowl and apply this on your hand. Along with working as a wonderful scrub, you will also get a wonderful fragrance of cloves and cinnamon. This will be very helpful to eradicate dryness in your skin during the winter seasons.
Most women love to keep their hands soft and smooth. Homemade scrubs used once a day help to get rid of dry hands and keep them moisturizes. Only through some home remedies this can be easily done.
- Almond and honey scrub is made with, honey, almondsand some milk. Grind almonds to a paste and add honey and milk. This paste cannot be stored and must be applied immediately after making it.
- Coconut oil and sugar ‘n’ salt scrub can be prepared and stored in an airtight container for a week. Make a mixture with one spoon each of honey and coconut oil, ¼ spoons eachof seasalt and brown sugar and some lime juice. Mix all the ingredients in a blender and store it for a week.
- Salt scrub Prepare this scrub using sea salt, olive oil and lemon juice. Mix and store in an airtight container. It is safe to be used daily for two weeks.
- Olive oil hand scrub Sugar and olive oil are two specific ingredients to make an effective hand scrub.
- Pumpkin pie scrub is made with 1 cup of brown sugar, 11/2 cup coconut oil, few drops of Vitamin E oil and a spoon of cinnamon powder. Mix all the ingredients and store in an airtight jar.
- Lemon hand scrub is ideal to use after washing utensils.It can be easily prepared using white sugar, vitamin E oil, olive oil, and lemon essential oil.Mix all the ingredients and store in an airtight jar.
- Lemon rosemary hand scrub is prepared with coconut oil in solid form, granulated sugar lemon rinds, few drops of tea tree oil and freshly chopped rosemary. Mix all the ingredients together and store in an air tight jar and store it in the refrigerator and use when required.
- Calendula sugar scrub is an herbal hand scrub made from infused petals of calendula flowers in almond oil and coconut oil separately. Mix the two oils with sugar along with petals of calendula flowers.
Homemade foot scrubs
Your feet must also get enough exposure to healthy ingredients. The ingredients require to make the foot scrub include sugar, oil, 1 teaspoon of peppermint extract and essential oils. Apply the mixture on your feet and rub it slowly to get beautiful looking feet.
Spice foot scrub
- Ground coffee ( 1 teaspoon)
- Cinnamon (1 teaspoon)
- Cocoa powder (1 teaspoon)
You must mix all these above mentioned ingredients and add oil in it in an adequate quantity. This can be used as a wonderful foot scrub for both male and female.
Homemade lemon foot scrub
Here you require 1 teaspoon of lemon zest, 1 teaspoon of lemon mixture, sugar and essential oils. This mixture will be effective for moisturizing your feet.
Feet carry the burden of the whole body all through the day. They should be kept free from al problems of the skin. Homemade foot scrubs must be used after soaking the feet in a basin of warm water to which salt is added. Foot scrubs at home can be made from sea salt, sugar, Epsom salt or oatmeal.
Brown sugar foot scrub
Brown sugar foot scrub helps in getting rid of the dead skin cells. This scrub is prepared by using brown sugar, oats, aloe Vera gel, honey , lemon juice and almond or olive oil. Grind oats into a sandy consistency which is flaky and light. Make a paste with all the ingredients mixed together in a bowl. Massage it gently on the feet in a circular motion. Rinse with warm water and apply some cream.
Salt foot scrub
Salt foot scrub Take one cup of Epsom salt and put a few drops of lavender essential oil in it. Gradually add cold water to make it into a paste. Massage the paste on the feet in a circular movement for some time. Wash and clean it with warm water.
Strawberry foot scrub Make the scrub using 10 strawberries, two spoons od apricot oil and one spoon of coarse salt which is sea Mix all of them into a paste and rub it on the feet. Wash with water and pat them dry.
Salt foot scrub
Coffee foot scrub this scrub is made with four spoons of freshly ground coffee powder, , three spoons each of Epsom salt and ground oatmeal , few drops of peppermint oil and three spoons of r almond oil. Mix all the ingredients into a Rub on the feet in circular direction and then wash with warm water and pat them dry.
Exfoliating foot scrub
Exfoliating foot scrub is ideally used by people suffering from cracked heels to cure cracked heel and soften the heels. Soak feet in water to which a cup of milk is added. Make a paste with salt and babyoil. Massage this paste on the feet in circular movements. Wash and pat the feet dry and rub the feet with stridex pad.Massage with petroleum jelly and wear socks.
Homemade hand and foot scrubs for home
Citrus fruit scrub
You can get scrubs for your foot and hand in the market. But, will those scrubs be really free from the chemicals? You can now get ways through which the scrubs can be made right at home. The citrus fruit scrub can easily give you a great remedy when you are excessively suffering from unhealthy and cracked foot and hands.
- Juice from single lemon
- Sweet almond oil – 1/4th cup
- Sea salt – ½ cup
- Lemon essential oil- 10 drops
- Dried lemon peel – 1/4th cup
First of all take the lemon peel and pulse them into the coffee grinder. You need to grind them specifically so that it becomes a coarse powder. Now, take a bowl and mix all ingredients as mentioned in the list. Now, keep the mixture overnight in a jar. Now, apply it over your hand and foot and slowly use your fingers to scrub. Do this repeatedly to make your hand and foot beautiful.
Vanilla and honey scrub
You must have enjoyed consuming the cake with vanilla essence during the Christmas days. Even your mother must have made the delicious homemade cakes for your snacks. Yes, that vanilla essence in cake is really important and is present in the scrub.
- Honey- 1/4th cup
- Vanilla extract – 1 tsp
- White sugar – 1 cup
- Jojoba oil – 2 tsp
You need to take a small bowl and add all the above mentioned ingredients in it. Now mix all the ingredients really well with a perfect combination. You can also store it for the future application once stored in tight container. Now, use it for your foot and hands to get wonderful remedy.
Magnesium foot scrub
This is one of the easiest and less costly foot scrubs which you can make and use at home. The ingredients used for it is easily available at home.
- Epsom salt- 1 cup
- Almond oil or olive oil- 1/4th cup
- Essential oil- 10-15 drops
- Liquid castile soap- 1 teaspoon
Take a small bowl and mix all the ingredients mentioned in the list. Now apply it over your foot and hands. You need to wait for 20 minutes and then use your hands to rub it against your skin. There after you can wash it off with the luke warm water.