Dark coloration of the skin in the armpits is usually not a disease. Dark under arms can be a result of the skin being exposed to some cosmetic chemicals or suntan due to the sun’s ultra violet rays. Other causes of discoloration of the skin under the arms can be shaving, too much of sweating, deposit of dead skin cells and use of alcohol based perfumes and deodorants.
In some cases dark underarms can be due to a medical condition known as acanthos is Nigerians which is linked with obesity, insulin resistance, hormonal fluctuations, side effect of some medicines and cancer. This condition may require proper medical attention.
Affected with the dark underarms is neither a disease nor a serious issue, it is the dark coloration of the under arm skin. One must have to take adequate care to get out of this problem as it also peps up to the bad smell sometimes, leaves a bad impression to the same.
It is quite common to see dark spots under the arms of individuals. Some people gets it’s absolutely by birth where as others develop this due to the use of wrong hair remover creams and cosmetics. Even the food we eat can make our armpit black and dark in appearance. You must have come across many cosmetic creams and moisturizers promise to clear the dark spots under the arms.
But not all creams and moisturizer are suitable for every individual as the skin can differ. Even some skin types are very sensitive where as others are normal. Thus, some cosmetic products can be really harmful. Let us have a look at some of the home remedies that will remove dark spots and dark layer under your arm.
Dark underarms can be due to a variety of reasons including
- Some of the deodorants, antiperspirants contain strong chemicals and using them in daily life may affect the skin. Some of the harmful agents that affect the skin body includes propylene, aluminum and parabens.’
- Exfoliate the under arms with a scrub made under the home to get away the dead skin. In the daily shower peel out the dead skin with the help of towel to clean the dead skin.
- Many of the populance follow the shave to remove the under arm hair but it turns the skin darker and gives shaving rashes that give burns as a follower. So, limit the shaving or apply shaving cream while shaving and give a try to waxing to simply remove hair with less damage.
- Wearing synthetic attire gives the frequent rubture to the skin and fades the skin darker after some time.
- Coryne bacterium- A bacteria generates with bombardment of underarm odor and sweat. This bacteria is main reason for the dark underarms of frequent underarm ador users.
If some one is having dark underarms they don’t need to worry about it as they can be reduced with a variety of treatments and home remedies. These home remedies work effective and safe, amidst they safe guard from the additional side effects.
Homemade scrub – for the dark armpits
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 1 tablespoons of Sea salt
- 1 tablespoons of Honey
- 1 tablespoon of Olive oil
- 3 drops of Lemon juice
Mix all the above ingredients to form into a paste. Apply it over the wet skin and Massage gently for 3 minutes and rinse off with warm water.
Honey and lemon juice pack
- Honey – 1 tablespoon
- Lemon/Lime juice – 1 tablespoon
Mix all the ingredients and apply on clean wet skin. Leave on for 10-15 minutes and rinse off with warm water. Use this pack twice a week.
Take the juice from half lemon and dip cotton balls in it. After having the shower apply the juice with the cotton balls and rinse off with cold water after leaving for 10 minutes.
Yogurt and orange peel – for the dark arm pit
- 2 tablespoon of Yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon of Orange peel powder
Mix all the above ingredients and make thin paste. Apply over the wet skin and Leave on for 15 minutes. Rinse off with warm water and note amazing results.
Use the above pack twice a week to get change in the dark armpits.
In normal situations darkness of armpits can easily be removed using simple home remedies which are found to be effective, natural, safe and affordable.
Simple home remedies to lighten armpits
- Potato is a great bleaching agent to lighten underarms. It does not cause skin irritation because of its mild acidic property. Simply rub a thin slice of potato under the arms or extract the juice of potato by grating it and rub it on the affected area. Leave it to dry and then clean it with lukewarm water.
- Cucumber also has the bleaching property like tomato which helps to lighten the discolored skin. Simply rub a thin cucumber slice underarms or extract the juice bygrating a cucumber and apply the juice on the affected areas. Alternatively cucumber juice can be mixed with a pinch of turmeric powder and few drops of lemon juice and applied on the discolored areas. Wash after about half an hour.
- Baking soda can be used to make a perfect homemade exfoliating scrub that helps to whiten dark underarms. This scrub helps in removing dead skin cells that can lead to blocked pores, which is one of the main causes of dark armpits. It also helps in getting rid of bacteria and germs which may discolor the armpits. Prepare a thick paste with rose water and baking soda andscrub the underarms with this paste. Wash the area clean after some time.
- Coconut oil is good to get rid of dark armpits. The vitamin content in coconut oil helps to lighten the dark armpits. Massage the affected underarms with coconut oil. Leave it for 10 minutes before washing.
- Milk is a perfect ingredient to reduce the darkening effect of underarms. Make a thick paste with full cream milk, besan and yogurt. Apply the paste underarms and leave it for 15 minutes. Then wash it clean with cold water. Alternatively soak a few strands of saffron in milk for 20 minutes. Mix the twoingredients and apply on the affected area. Leave it for half an hour before washing it clean.
- Sandalwood is another useful ingredient that helps in getting rid of dark underarms. Make a paste with sandalwood powder and rose water and apply it on the armpits. Leave it to dry before washing it with cold water.
- Gram flour which is better known as besan in India is a good agent to clear dark armpits. Prepare a pack using gram flour, yogurt, and turmeric powder and lemon juice. Mix all the ingredients into a thick paste and apply it on the underarms. Leave it for 30 minutes before cleaning it off with warm water.
- Vinegar is another ingredient to get rid of dark underarms. It helps to lighten the dark color on the skin and kill bacteria and germs that get thrive on the dead skin cells deposit on the surface of the skin. Make a thick paste with rice flour and vinegar and apply on the dark armpits after a hot water bath. Leave it to dry and then wash it off with warm water.
- Apple makes a good home made exfoliator to clear dark armpits. Apples contain a content known as AHA which helps to kill germs and bacteria. Mash an apple and massage it on the affected area. Leave it to dry and then peel it off. Clean the area with a wet piece of cloth.
- Olive oil helps to brighten the dark skin underarms and prevent body odor. Mix olive oil and brown sugar to make a scrub. Apply the scrub under the arms and leave it for five minutes. Wash it off with water.
Homemade remedies to lighten underarm darkness
Saffron and milk
As you all must have known as saffron and milk combined together is a wonderful reason of fairness over the skin layer. Many cosmetic manufacturing companies have been using the extracts from these natural remedies to make creams and cosmetics. But, you can always go for natural remedy if you have the ingredients right available with you. To make this remedy for armpit darkness removal, you have to take half cup of milk and add few strands of saffron in it. Mix them well and apple under your arms. After applying, you need to stay for some time. It is better to leave it as it is overnight. Wash it in the morning.
Chick pea flour
Many Asian houses use the chick pea flour as one of its kitchen items. Some people may even not know that it can prove to be a wonderful remedy for removing darkness from underarm region. You have to make a mixture with 2 tablespoon of chickpea flour, a teaspoon of lemon juice, single spoon of yogurt and a pinch of turmeric. Mix all of them together and apply the paste under arm. Wait till the paste becomes dry. Then you can remove it with Luke warm water.
Herbal root extract remedy
This will make a combination of Aspen extract, Licorice root extract and raspberry extract. Take the extracts in small quantity in a small separator and mix them all together. Now apply it over your underarm region. Keep this as it is for half an hour. Once it is dry, remove it with water. Since these herbs have medicinal properties, you can easily stay out of danger on its application. These herbs have pheomelanin compound which helps in making your skin tone light.
You can now make a compact mix of various essential oil and get an extra ordinary remedy for dark underarms. You need 2 drops each of Jojoba oil, olive oil, citrus oil and wheat germ oil. By taking all of these in a container add few drops of water. Now apply this remedy over your underarm region. You can keep this oil for a night or few hours over your under arm region and remove it.