Strong offensive body odor is an embarrassing problem that affects many men and women.And being a sensitive topic,it is not openly discussed. Body odor starts with certain types of sweat which cools down as they evaporate. There are certain glands concentrated in the underarms and genitals which secrete a substance on which bacteria thrive.Stress, ovulation, sexual excitement and anger aggravate the secretion from these glands. Some medicines and diseases also cause body odor .Body odor occurs when inadequate bathing or hygiene fail to properly clean up the dirt and waste produced by the body. Sometimes some foods and deficiency also lead to body odor.Body odor in women increases during menstruation and stress.
There are chemicals and artificial-scent sprays available but they give temporary control to odor and do not reach the underlying cause. There are several natural remedies help treat the undesirable body odor and provide a fresher and cleaner body.
Body odor is an embarrassing and sensitive topic which is not discussed openly. Generally human body is a working system. Digestive process results in waste, skin sweats to excrete waste and cells in the body are replacing. Body odor occurs when hygiene fail to clean up the messes or inadequate bathing. Normally in women stress and menstruation often naturally increases the degree of body order. One more important thing is that sweat glands present in the body armpits excretes the toxins from the body. That’s the reason sweating is an important part of optimum physical health. Avoid using deodorants which is having antiperspirant because these will block the pores and wont allow the toxins to flush out. Foods rich in the amino acid carnitine are well known to release residues in the intestines which have to work on natural digestive flora. Identification of the body odor doesn’t need any medical diagnosis. If you begin to sweat more than usual then consult the health practitioner. Body odor would be also a great sign of medical disorder.
Shower at least one time a day. this will help wash out sweat as well as reduce the volume of bacteria from your skin.
Sweat on its own is practically odorless. But when its combines unwanted bacteria that live naturally on your skin, they raise a significant stink.
Consequently washing extensively, especially areas prone to sweating, may reduce entire body odor.
In the event you sweat generally, you could have more of a problem along with body odor than those who sweat an excessive amount. That’s mainly because, when people sweat overly, the sweat will wash out the odor-causing bacteria.
Use antibacterial cleansing products
Choose products that have antibacterial components in them. Washing thoroughly with the antibacterial products will reduce the bacteria count and in turn reducing the odor.
Try to find the phrases “antibacterial” when buying any product.
Dry yourself thoroughly after bath
Once you have taken a shower be sure you dry yourself completely, specially areas that are prone to excessive sweating.
If the skin is dried up, it’s harder for bacteria that cause body odor to breed about it.
Use “Industrial strength” deodorants or antiperspirants
To be clean and dry, start using a stronger deodorant or antiperspirant with your underarms. While deodorants usually do not prevent sweating, they help get rid of the smell of bacteria on your skin. Antiperspirants include aluminum chloride, a chemical that reduces sweating, and generally also acts as a deodorizing agent.
Stronger deodorants along with antiperspirants can be obtained without a prescription. If you’re more dedicated you need much more help, you might like to ask your doctor about a professionally prescribed antiperspirants. Apply the deodorant or antiperspirant twice daily to reduce the body odor.
Keep your wardrobe clean
Change garments often when you are sweating intensely. Fresh clothes help in keeping body odor down.
Be sure to change your current socks as well, especially in the event you are apt to have foot odor. Use deodorant powders with your shoes, swap insoles generally, and get barefoot if possible.
Smoking is not only injuries to health it ruins the teeth and make you look older than actually. It will make you smell bad too. Tobacco smoke contains lots of chemicals and compounds which destroys you inside. If you stop smoking it will stop the bad odor and smells better.
Use natural fiber clothing
Wearing natural fiber clothing like cotton or silk gives greater breath ability and air flow on the skin. This results the skin drier and drive the humidity and moisture.
Cut out and about or trim down “Offensive” food
What consume affects the body odor.
Foods that makes you sweat more, like hot peppers or other hot and spicy foods, could also contribute in order to body odor. And the aroma associated with foods like onions or garlic can be carried from the sweat, making you smell bad.
Some tips to remember to eliminate foul smells
These home remedies for body odor will leave one’s body feeling healthy, clean, and fresh.
- Shave underarms— Hair under the arms create a swampy environment for bacteria to breed. Hair easily absorbs odors and can even slow the evaporation of sweat.
- Change shoes—Sometimes the foulest odor come from the feet. Changing of shoes will allow air to pass and prevent odors. This cuts down the bacteria that are in the shoe.
- Apply vinegar—is a good agent because the acidity of apple cider does not allow bacteria to thrive. It is best to spray apple cider vinegar under the arms.
- Apply witch hazel— Witch hazel and tea tree oil are natural sterilizers that can be applied in the armpits. Applying witch hazel on the skin can serve as a regular deodorant.
- Apply tea-tree oil to problem areas.This oil extracted from an Australian tree, kills bacteria and has a pleasant scent.
- Sage can reduce perspiration and fight bacteria. This can be used in the underarm area, but not around the genitals
- All bacteria including odor-causing kinds cannot easily survive under highly acidic environment created by citrus fruits like lemon.
- Baking soda and lime juice mixture is a fantastic solution for body odor. Baking soda absorbs sweat, eliminates bacteria and acts as a natural deodorant. Apply the paste underarms before bath. Leave it for 10 minutes and then wash it with water.
- Baking soda and cornstarch also absorbs sweat and also kills bacteria apart from acting as a natural deodorant. It is found that cornstarch is better for perspiration. Pat dries the underarms and applies baking soda or starch directly under the arms.
- Wheatgrass juice is a good remedy for killing body odor. Mix wheat grass juice with water and drink it every morning on empty stomach.
- Turnip juice a rich source of vitamin C and many other nutrients. It helps in eliminating body odor. Make a paste of the turnip and extract its juice through a sieve.Apply this turnip juice to your underarms and groin area. Leave it to dry application on the most sweating body parts will control body odor for at least 10 hours.
- Tomato juice bath for body odor—Tomato is a natural antiseptic that kills a large range of bacteria. Ayurveda recommends adding of tomato juice in bath water to get rid of body odor and to consume tomato juice three times a day.
- Homemade natural deodorant for body odor—is made of sage oil, coriander essential oil, lavender essential oils distilled and hazel. Mix 5 spoons of each of these ingredients and fill in a spray bottle. Use this as a deodorant after bath.
- Diet remedy for body odor—Diet is most important for body odor. The food taken gives out the odor from the body. Foods like garlic, onions, fried meats and junk foods emit a bad odor. Coffee colas and alcoholic drinks are also culprits for bad odor. Hence avoid them or at least limit their intake. Tobacco causes body odor, so best is to avoid smoking. On the other hand drink lots of water and have a balanced diet containing all groups of proteins, whole grains, pulses, fish, healthy fats, fresh fruits and vegetables. It is recommended to include coriander, parsley and mint in the diet and chew fennel seeds after meals.