The human body is usually good at maintaining its ideal temperature of 37°C. In various circumstances, the body produces heat from muscle use and prevents overheating by sweating. In extreme temperatures however, when the air is hotter than the body, the cooling mechanisms don’t work. Summer time has the danger of too much ultraviolet radiation from the sun, too much heat and the quality of air is very poor. Dangerously high temperatures when the body can no longer cool itself properly, a number of heat-related health problems like heat cramps, heat stroke, heat exhaustion and dehydration may occur.
Heat stroke and heat exhaustion are the most serious health illnesses caused by hot environments. Without immediate medical attention, heat stroke can be fatal. The symptoms of heat stroke include dry, hot skin, high temperature and partial or complete unconsciousness.
Heat exhaustion and fainting are other less harmful heat-related health risks that can cause temporary illness.Signs of heat exhaustion include heavy sweating, weakness, dizziness, visual disturbance, headache, vomiting, muscle cramps, palpitation, numbness and tingling in the hands and feet.
Elderly people and small kids must be careful as they are more at a risk to these illnesses
There is no reason to be scared of the summer heat. There are several simple and easy methods which can be adopted to keep the body cool during summer.
Throughout the summer the very best health care tip would be to add the variety of berries to your diet, should it be raw berries or sliced strawberries, black berries or blue berries. Other than that it might be good to have a berry beverage which helps in soothing the body and helps it remain cool in this hot weather.
- Eyes are generally so vulnerable to light. It is critical to safeguard your sight from abnormal heat and the viable solution to this is to wear sun glasses that are of good brand/quality.
- Fruits are the best food to beat the heat during summer months. Fresh fruit juices and pulp may rejuvenate your body and relinquish your vitality. So, include fresh fruit juices in your day-to-day diet chart.
- If you are used to cosmetics, its advisable to apply mild sunscreen lotion to avoid your epidermis from getting sun tanned.
- The best tip for good health during summer is to have a minimum 15 glasses of water every day. This helps in keeping you hydrated throughout.
- One of the finest summer tips is to continue to be indoors most of the times, as your energy levels could possibly drip down if you continue to be in the hot sun throughout the day!
- It is essential to maintain body heat, so avoid junk food for quite a while and as an alternative binge on cucumber salads, have lots of butter milk and tender coconut water.
- Though its an age old tip yet it can be really helpful to wear loose cotton clothes that will absorb sweat. Avoid dark color outfits such as black as they tend to absorb sun’s rays quickly.
- Another important summer health tip is to breathe natural air. This summer try to spend most of your times in amusement breezy zones including parks and beaches rather than movie cinemas and bars. Natural air will invigorate you in a very short span of their time.
- What else besides bathing can stimulate your energy elements? Bathe twice daily in cool water as it helps reduce your body heat and soothe it completely!
- A high level ardent health fanatic, practice standard exercises everyday to reduce the sweat and remain healthy throughout summer.
Tips to live a healthy cool life
- Outdoor workouts must be scheduled for early mornings and late evenings.One must stay indoors during the afternoons when the temperature is at its peak.
- Make maximum use of the refrigerator to keep lotions and cosmetics cool that can be used on hot tired feet.
- Keep plastic bottles in freezer, which can be carried when going out. As the ice melts the water will remain cool.
- Carry portable fans and sprinkle cold water in hats and caps to keep the head cool.
- Spend time in cool and air-conditioned places like malls, café’s and cinema halls during the afternoons.
- Avoid caffeine and alcohol as these will promote dehydration.
- Consume frequent meals containing summer fruits, ice creams low dairy products and fresh fruit juices and avoid hot and fast foods.
- Relax at an Ice-cold water spa which helps to spread refreshing feeling all over the body. Alternatively soak the feet in ice cold water. The body radiates heat from the palms of the hands and feet, ears and face, so cooling down any of these parts will eventually cool the entire body.
- Spray ice cold water with a spray bottle to keep the body cool.Spraying water over the body’s pulse points like the neck, wrist and temples of the head. These are places where blood vessels are closer to the surface of the skinand help the body tocool down.
- Chill the bed by placing folded sheets and pillow casings in plastic bags in the fridge for a few hours. Pull them out just before going to bed for a cool and comfortable sleep.
- Remember to turn of appliances which are not in use.They create their own heat. So turn an off – laptops, lights, television – when not in use. By turning and unplugging them,the heat circulating within the area can be reduced.
Food in summer
Besides following the above tips to keep cool in summer, one needs to be careful about the food in summer, and include certain foods that help in beating the heat. Summer eating is best with fresh fruits and vegetables. Unfortunately, food poisoning is more common in summer than in any other season.Bacteria in food multiply faster in the hot and humid weather. Food poisoning can cause vomiting and diarrhoea and may be quite serious for children, older people and people with weak immune systems. Food must be prevented from spoiling by refrigeration for a short time and by cooking just enough food and not keeping any leftover.
Some foods for summer
Corn Fresh sweet is one of the best foods for summer. The antioxidants in corn can act like sunglasses helping to form a macular pigment that can filter out the damaging sun rays.
Tomatoes Studies have shown that tomatoeshelp in protecting the skin from sunburn
Watermelon is 92% water, so it keeps the body hydrated and helps to cool the body during summer. It also keeps the body satisfied with fewer calories.
No individual would like to feel the heat of summer. Rather they would always long for a cool life. Some healthcare habits will keep them cool and healthy throughout the summer season. The sweat coming out of your body due to excess heat can make you too much exhausted. This is the time when you have to stay hydrated for long hours. Some healthy food habits and healthy routine can give you cool healthy life. Let’s find out some of the healthy habits during this summer.
Summer health care tips to stay cool
Include berries in diet
It is very important for you to include berries in summer. These are available in different varieties. Those are strawberries, blueberries, blackberries etc. These fruits are filled with antioxidants which will remove oxidants from your body totally. Try this during summer and get yourself refreshed.
There are varieties of outdoor activities which you can practice during the summer. You can now enjoy variety of outdoor sports during the summer. This will boost up your energy during the summer. You can also stay stress free and happy with all these exercises. The activities such as cycling, swimming, running walking during summer are very beneficial.
If you want to stay healthy and cool during summer, the best way will be to have sound sleep. Summer is the time when you feel too much exhausted. This is the time when you need to take some rest. Sleeping adequately will give you energy on a hot summer day. Always try to sleep for 8 hours at night so that you get complete rest.
Drink salt water
If you are feeling really exhausted during the summer days, it is the time to have glasses of salt water. Since you sweat too much during this season, maximum salts come out from your body through sweat. Thus, you need to replenish the salt with water. Salt water will be the best way to replenish the salt deficiency in your body. You must try this today if you are really feeling tired and wish to eradicate the tiredness.