Essential oils are extracted from various parts of plants such as leaves, branches, roots, herbs etc. These oils contain various natural chemicals that add essence and flavour to the plants. Due to these natural chemicals, essential oils are very effective in solving various health issues naturally. Hence, they are used in aromatherapy and other medication since decades.
Types of essential oils for snoring
It helps in clearing sinus and eases the process of breathing. Inhaling peppermint oil during blocked nose or stuffy chest is very helpful to reduce your snoring.
Cedar wood oil
The woody smell of cedar wood oil calms you and brings down your anxiety levels. As a result, it puts you in a relaxed state to give you a sound sleep.
Aromatherapy experts state that rubbing thyme oil on your feet at nigh reduces snoring.
This oil is helpful in breaking phlegm in your chest, which leads the throat to move backward when you are asleep.
Apart from all other beauty and health benefits of lavender oil, it is also beneficial in treating insomnia. It is said to release the sleep hormone melatonin, which gives sound sleep.
It is used as an antidote for cold and various other respiratory infections.
Consuming alcohol may be one of the leading causes of snoring. Due to its detoxifying properties, citronella oil puts the toxins out of your body through urination and sweat.
Tea tree oil
This oil is also very beneficial in reducing snoring as it contain various soothing and relaxing properties.
It is one of the oldest remedies used for conjunction in nose and chest due to cold. It also heals various other respiratory problems.
This oil contains natural properties, which help in breaking mucus that are responsible for obstructing your breathing during night.
Essential oil remedies for snoring
- In a dark glass roller bottle, add 4 drops of peppermint oil, marjoram oil, eucalyptus oil and lavender oil and mix well.
- Add coconut oil to the mixture until the bottle is full.
- Shake the bottle well and let all the oils blend nicely.
- Roll this oil daily on your chest and neck area every day before sleeping.
- In a glass of water mix 2-3 drops of peppermint oil.
- Gargle the mixture in your mouth for 2 minutes every day before going to bed.
- Do not swallow the mixture.
- In small bottle mix 7 drops lavender oil, 7 drops eucalyptus oil, 3 drops sandalwood oil, 3 drops marjoram oil and 1-tablespoon coconut oil and mix well.
- Rub small amount of the mixture on your chest every night before sleeping.
- In a glass bottle, mix 8 drops of tea tree, lavender oil, grapefruit oil and 6 drops of rose geranium. To this add 10 drops of roman chamomile and 30 ml coconut oil and mix it thoroughly.
- Massage your upper chest, back chest, neck and shoulders with this mixture daily before going to bed.