Papaya also known as papaw around the world, is richin antioxidants, phyto nutrients, vitamins, minerals and some digestive enzymes. These nutrients have are markable effect both internally and externally.
Papaya is a fruit which is available throughout the year. It is a very common fruit for all of us responsible for providing many health benefits. Papaya enjoys a rich history ad has been used since a very long time for medicinal uses in day to day life. This is an aid to several infections, diseases and skin problems. Papaya is also said to be the favourite fruit of Christopher Columbus. It is usually find in tropical areas. It needs a comparatively low temperature to grow. The leaves, seeds and milk of papaya is used to combat several intestinal infections and kills intestinal worms and parasites. It is also used to prevent pregnancy and abortion.
Some people love papaya as a fruit where as others don’t. This is the time for you to decide about the category in which you belong. But the ripe papaya has particular variety of beauty and health benefits. At the other hand unripe papaya too has many benefits. In total papaya is a wonderful fruit which must be kept at every home. You can try getting a papaya tree to be planted inside your boundary if you have little space beside your house. We are going to discuss about health and beauty benefits of papaya.
It comes with abundant health benefits as it promises several advantages with a luscious taste.
Skin and papaya
If is one of the great remedy to pamper your skin. It can be used as a face pack to get its benefits. It helps to get rid of acne and skin infections as it opens up clogged pores. The fermented flesh of papaya called pa-pain dissolves the dead cells and helps in attaining a glowing and refreshed skin.
Papaya is rich in fiber content and so it helps in lowering down the blood cholesterol level in the body. It comprises of certain enzymes which prevents oxidation of cholesterol, thereby reducing the risk of heart attack.
Papaya is magnificently proven its mark in proving to be a great anti ageing source. It reduces premature ageing. This quality of papaya helps in attaining a younger look to preserve that everlasting charm.
Colon detoxification is essential to attain a healthy digestive system. Papaya helps in eradicating pus and mucus from the colon and cure colon infections. You need to consume it regularly to heal quickly.
Immunity and papaya
Vitamin A and C is packed in this wonderful fruit that helps in boosting the body’s immunity. It is good for those who are suffering from cold, fever and flu. Regular consumption of papaya inhibits a strong and healthy immune system.
It is helpful for those women who are fighting with menstrual irregularities. It is advisable to eat papaya for easing menstrual cramps and possessing regular flow of menstruation.
Papaya contributes to liver cancer by its anti-proliferative effect on liver cancer cells. It helps in slowing down or stopping the growth of cancer producing cells of liver and helps in its cure.
Papaya has been an alarming agent to reduce weight, it is high in nutritional values and low in calories. It is a good option for those who wants to get lean and reduce their weight.
Bad health is associated with several issues we face in our daily life. From sickness to bad stomach, it is not easy to combat as it sounds. Papaya is helpful in securing a complete health. It helps in preventing constipation and also aids in digestion. The enzyme pa-pain is a natural digestive element that helps in digestion.
Papaya is a fruit worth considering on your daily to weekly life. Indulge into this delightful fruit at least once a week. If not eaten you can also apply directly to your skin to avoid that extra cost you may spending in your facials and clean ups. It’s a natural exfoliator. Papaya can be consumed through salads or are used in multiple cuisines. It is bound to show positive effects on you skin, hair and health.
Health benefits of papaya
Skin protection – Papaya is a beneficial source of antioxidant vitamin C, vitamin E and carotenoids which help to protect the skin against free radicals. These radicals cause damage that leads to wrinkles, sagging and fine lines. It can also help in wound healing and burns. Ripe
- Papaya is good for the eyes – The special compounds in papaya are concentrated in the macular region of the eyes. Here it protects the eyes from UV rays and high energy blue light which can damage the retina in the eyes. The antioxidant properties in papaya can be converted to Vitamin A which is most important for healthy eyes and correct vision. The high levels of lute-in and zeaxanthin in papaya may also protect the eyes against the development of cataracts, glaucoma, and other eye diseases
- Papaya prevents heart disease – The reduction of oxidation and cholesterol in the arteries is possible with the nutrients Vitamin C and Vitamin A along with other oxidants. The increase of cholesterol level is a dangerous process which can lead to blocked arteries that can result to heart attacks. Increase of antioxidants can help to improve the blood flow to the heart and reduce the risk of heart problems.
- Papaya is also good source of fol-ate which helps to control homocysteine levels in the bloodstream. High levels of homocysteine can damage blood vessels and can also become the cause heart diseases.
- The beneficial fiber in papaya also helps to lower bad LDL cholesterol levels in the blood by inhibiting its absorption during digestion.
- Improves digestion – The enzymes in papaya can improve digestion by breaking down proteins into their individual amino acids. Undigested proteins can lead to many health issues related to the abdomen and colon.
- Papaya and cancer prevention – Papaya is found to be beneficial in reducing the danger of developing certain cancers because of the antioxidant contents present in papaya. The enzymes in papaya digest the fibrin protein layer of cancer cells that usually surrounds and protects them. This in turn can hinder the growth of cancerous cells and control cancer from spreading.
- Helps in crow’s feet – If you have issues with crow’s feet, there must be a remedy. Yes, papaya is a natural remedy that helps in removing the condition of your crow’s feet. Since papaya has wonderful quantity of antioxidants, you can easily stay away from the problem associated with crow’s feet. You need to take a slice of papaya and rub it over the eye area and keep it for 5 minutes. Soon you can see you are away from crow’s feet.
Skin care benefits of papaya
- Papaya peel is good for the treating the aging signs. Simply rub the papaya peel all over the face and leave it for 5 minutes and then rinse it off with cold water.
- Papaya can also be used in treating the dark spots. They can be removed by applying mashed papaya mixed with milk on the affected area. It also helps intoning the skin, improving complexion and in making the skin glow.
- A mixture of mashed papaya mixed with few drops of honey, when applied on the face helps to keep the skin hydrated.
- Papaya is very efficient in treating dry skin. Mix malai to a cup of mashed ripe papaya and apply it on the face. Leave it for 20 minutes and then wash it off with water.
- Papaya can also be used as a moisturizing agent for the skin.Apply a fine paste of ripe papaya on the face and leave it for 15 minutes before washing.
- A pack made of mix mashed papaya, rice flour and honey helps in tightening the skin.
- Papaya can also be used as a scrub by mixing mashed raw papaya with salt spa, olive oil and honey.
- Papaya can also cure from skin tan Papaya does not only benefit your skin but also benefits of your hair as well
Hair care benefits of papaya
- The rich nutrients of papaya help in boosting strength and growth of hair which also prevents baldness.
- It is found to be efficient in controlling and preventing dandruff.
- Papaya reduces hair thinning.It helps in nourishing the hair shaft and in making a thick growth
- Papaya removes excess oil, chemical build up and dirt from the hair naturally with the help of vitamins, minerals and enzymes present in it
- Extracts of papaya leaf can be used as a hair conditioner.
- A papaya hair mask makes the hair thicker, stronger and shiner. The mask can be prepared by mixing ripe papaya, ripe banana, molasses, coconut oil and yogurt. Apply the mixture on wet hair. Cover with a plastic cap and leave it for 30 minutes. Rinse in the normal manner.
Beauty benefits of papaya
Pimples and acne reduction
You must have applied variety of creams and cosmetics to remove pimples from your skin. But did you know that even the home remedies like papaya work well in removing pimples. All you have to do is take 1/4th raw papaya and extract juice from it. Now take a cotton ball and dip it in the papaya juice. Take it out and apply on your face. Do this like a toner and you can see pimples and acne reduced soon.
Brightness of complexion
If you have dull and dark complexion, it is the time for you to go ahead with the technique which will brighten up your skin. The enzymes present in papaya helps to make your skin bright. You have to take 1/4th portion of a papaya and take it in a grinder. Do it in such a way that it forms pulp. Squeeze half a lemon in it and apply over your face. Leave this for 20 minutes and wash away.