For every women breast form an important part of their body, that helps creating a feminine appeal. Also when you grow old and become mother, your breast milk is the only source of food and medicine to your child. Your child would entirely depend on your breast milk. Thus, it is always important to keep your breast healthy and sound.
Wearing the wrong size of bra can make your breast highly affected and can give rise to variety of health issues. We will be discussing about the physical and healthy issues that can affect an individual wearing the wrong bra.
Most women pick up bras that look fancy and smart. Lace, net and underwire bras are tempting to the eyes, but it is more important to pick up the right bra size. All womenmust be aware of the side effects on health of wearing a wrong bra.
Wearing the wrong bra size can lead to many health problems. If one finds the bra lose or tight it is an indication that the size needs to be changed. Loose fitting bras or bras that have lost their elasticity after washing can damage the size and shape of the breasts. You must take corrective action at once.
Health effects and risks of wearing the wrong bra size
Many women wear the wrong bra size without giving it a second thought. After all, if they were measured few years ago in a departmental store or when they might have tailored something for a wedding or an occasion then why worry? But the truth of the matter is that wearing the wrong bra size can lead to many health problems.
When you wear an ill-fitted bra, you will not have the sleek, elegant look that you desire. Instead, your whole form or bust will look shapeless and unattractive. An ill-fitting bra will also draw unnecessary attention to the bust area.
Wearing the wrong bra size can cause scarring underneath or on each side of the breasts, which is not immediately noticeable. But over time, a bra that is far too tight will end up creating a scarring effect, where the bra has dug into the flesh.
Large breasted women often have a battle on their hands to find bras that fit them well and give them the correct amount of support for their shape. All too often, many large breasted women opt for a smaller size bra, which might look more attractive than a “granny bra”, but a smaller size will actually cause more problems than it solves. A bra that fits properly should not ride up at the back; nor should bra straps dig into the shoulders, leaving behind red marks. An ill-fitting bra will not provide enough coverage for the breasts. If your breasts are spilling out of your bra from all angles, then you are wearing the wrong size bra.
Bad body posture
Women who wear the wrong size bra often have problems maintaining correct posture. This can lead to slouching rather than sitting and standing upright, as well as unexplained back and neck pain.
The best solution to wearing the wrong bra size is to visit a departmental store and get yourself measured, not once every few years, but every single time you go shopping for a new bra. The reason for this is that a woman’s bust size will change throughout her life due to hormonal reasons, pregnancy, weight loss and other factors. Wearing the wrong bra size can cause health problems, but allowing yourself to be measured each time you go bra shopping will ensure that you buy the correct bra size. This will eliminate the health problems that can occur while wearing the wrong bra size.
Risk caused by an ill-fitting or unsuitable bra?
- These are mainly skin complaints, especially in the under bust area.
- In some advanced countries particular links between wearing tight bras and breast cancer are being examined. Currently, however, there is no clear evidence supporting such suspicions, but such links have also not been clearly excluded. The many proven risk factors for the occurrence of breast cancer definitely play a much more important role.
- However, there can be no doubt that a well-fitting bra not only looks better and feels more comfortable, but also prevents the occurrence of any potential health problems which may be associated with a badly-fitting bra.
Key factors to help prevent health problems
- A well-fitting suitable bra can help to prevent complaints in the back, shoulders and neck, especially in women with a large bust.
- Combined with physiotherapy, a well-fitting bra is an important factor in treating these problems and can also help to prevent the development of long-term chronic complaints.
Dangerous health effects of wearing a wrong size bra
- Back pain occurs in women with large breasts and the bra is also of the wrong size. Ill-fitting bra puts pressure on the chest and due to effect of gravity of heavy breasts women tend to stoop, causing pain in the hip area. If the bra is tight it will exert pressure on the rib cage causing back pain.
- Breast pain is the most common cause of wrong size bra. Tight fitting bras that are uncomfortable lead to breast pain
- Shoulder and neck pain The straps of tight bras create pressure on the shoulders. This strain from shoulder can go up to the neck causing severe pain
- Blockage of the lymph nodes Lymphatic vessels on the breasts are very thin, they can easily be compressed with constant minimum pressure from tight fitting bras. This pressure can close the lymph valves and vessels.
- Breast ligaments Wrong size bra can develop the risk of irreversible damage to the breast ligaments, which can cause pain, and lead to sagging.
- Sagging breasts can be a result of wearing a loose bra which spoils the size and shape of the breasts. Loose bras fail to lift the breasts and keep them in shape and make them heavier and tend to sag them.
- Skin problems An improper bra size can cause blisters on the skin around the breast, especially when the size is small and it is very tight around the breasts.
Symptoms from wrong size bra
- The strain is felt at the rib cage,whereas thesupport should be through the lumbar (lower back.
- The breasts seem to burst out from tight bras and constant struggling of the straps is required.
- Insufficient support to the breasts over stretches the upper back are and causes headache.
- Stomach upset and tiredness also indicates bad back support.
- Underwired bras are known to give great shape, support and lift to the breasts. But recently they have been found to be linked to breast pain, mastitis and allergies because of the direct skin’s contact with the metal wire when they become old.
Ways to get the correct fitting bra
- Stand before the mirror and check the signs of wrong size bra which may be pinching, pulling and sagging
- Recheck the size of the bras every six months as the shape and size of breasts changes constantly.
- A bra with a smaller back and a larger cup size should be taken if the breasts are spilling out.
- Check your wire positioning by bending forward to see that the wires are under the bust.
- The center of the bra must sit between the breasts.
- The band must support the breasts’ weight in the mid to lower back. If the bra is on the upper side of the back a smaller back size bra must be taken.
- If the bra is leaving red marks or digging at the arm pits, a bigger cup is needed. If the shoulders are becoming sore a bra with padded or broad straps will help.
- The size of the breasts fluctuatesdepending on the time of the month. Hence a bra that has a stretchable cloth must be taken.
- If the breasts sag it is better to shorten the straps or choose a more supportive type of bra with less stretchy material.
- There are two parts of the bra size—the band size, which is the measurement around the ribcage which is the number part of the bra. The other is the cup size which gives support and comfort to the breasts. These are the A B and C signs after the size numbers egg. 36A, 32B or 38C.
A bra that fits correctly will lift the bust, improve the posture and also make one look slimmer.
Health effects, risk of wearing wring size bra
Ill shape of breast
Your breast shape plays an important role which may reflect your total physical presentation. But, if you are wearing either a very small size or big size of bra, this can give rise to your improper breast shape formation. If the bra size is bigger, it won’t provide better scope to hold the bra and thus can lead to saggy breast.
People with the tendency to look beautiful and bring out feminine appeal must have a proper shape of bra. If you are wearing the wrong size of bra and moving out with your friends, you might get unflattering appearance. All other female friends of you must be looking dashing with the right size of bra except you who is wearing a wrong size. Check out the right bra.
Breast stooping down
Many of the ladies have a tendency to wear a loose bra. According to them loose bra helps them stay comfortable. It might be true to a certain extend but the side effect that these people have due to choice of bigger size of bra will take them to a long way. Yes, your breast will be having a tendency to stoop down as it does not have proper support. This happens normally hen ladies ages. But, this can also happen to you if you are in the continuous phase of wearing a wrong size of bra. Your physical appearance will be become old and feeble easily.