Do you feel embarrassed while pulling off your shoes and socks? The smell of your feet is unbearable when you are around the people or this bad odor is intolerant of you too. There is no doubt that this situation of smelly feet is quite embarrassing.
There is the most common reason of smelly feet when the sweat of feet is not evaporated due to wearing shoes and socks. As it is well known that the bacteria are naturally present in your skin and with the feeding of dead skin cells and sweat they increase causing the bad odor.
Why do we develop smelly feet
- There is no certain time or season of smelly feet, anyone can germinate it. There can be more reasons too such as hormonal changes, mostly it is found in pregnant women and teens.
- Stress is also one of the reasons for the foul smell in feet, those who are on their feet the whole day and sweat more.
- There is a medical condition known as hyperhidrosis, if you suffer from it then you will sweat more.
- The people who do not pay attention to their proper hygiene can also have smelly feet. Good growth bacteria get by the people who don’t wash feet neatly and change socks during the days.
- There can be some certain shoes and socks that produce more sweat, therefore feet get moisten after wearing shoes and socks for a long time. Moisture, dark, and sweat are the perfect condition for the bacteria growth and these bacteria germinate isovaleric acid from the substance of sweat. There are different spices of bacteria and smelly feet odor is depending upon them.
Many natural remedies are worth trying to get rid of this foul smell of feet. You will have to ensure that the remedies should be followed completely for a certain period of time.
The easiest precaution
- Wash your feet with a mild soap at least once a day and let dry completely, so there should be no chance for bacteria growth.
- You should change your socks at least once a day, but if the feet are more sweat it should be more than one.
- You should prefer at least two pairs of shoes so you may change alternate. This will let shoes dry thoroughly and stop germinating bacteria.
- Avoid shoes that are tight.
- Use antifungal spray on your feet.
The top home remedies for foot odor
Lavender oil is enriched with antioxidant and antifungal properties which are too effecting in foot odor even kill bacteria.
Soak your feet in warm water with few drops of lavender oil and repeat it at least twice in a day for next few weeks.
It is one of the most effective home remedies which contain tannic acid that kills the bacteria that produce feet smell.
Boil two black tea bags in three cup of water then add some more lukewarm water. Soak your feet in it for 15 to 20 minutes. Repeat this ever yday about a week.
Baking soda is also known as sodium bicarbonate, is an effective remedy to get rid off foot odor as well absorbing moisture.
Add one tablespoon of baking soda for every quart of water then soak your feet in it for 15 to 20 minutes before going on bed daily at night for one week or sprinkle baking soda in your socks and shoes before wearing.
Vinegar is also used to avoid feet odor as it is an acidic property in which bacteria can not survive.
Add a half cup of vinegar in eight cups of hot water, soak your feet in it for 15 to 20 minutes then wash your feet thoroughly with soap.
Epsom salt is used in various ways one of them uses is to decrease the foot odor. It also acts like as an astringent to reduce sweating and killing bacteria.
Add two tablespoons of Epsom salt in warm water then soak your feet in it for 15 to 20 minutes. Repeat it for a week daily at night.
Cedarwood oil has antibacterial, antifungal, and antiseptic properties. All these are too helpful to get rid of annoying foot odor.
Add five drop of cedarwood oil to one tablespoon of virgin oil then gently massage your feet unless it is absorbed. Follow this remedy once daily for a week.