Beautiful, soft and well- groomed feet can enhance the beauty of any women. Dry, patchy and rough skin on your feet can make it look odd even in the most expensive shoes. The skin of the feet are particularly prone to damage and dryness. Cracked heels are also quite a common problem during the winter season. However, if you take proper care of your feet you can not only get rid of painful heel cracks permanently but can also make them soft and smooth, complementing your overall looks. Your feet haveto go through a lot on a daily basis. Starting from carrying the whole weight of the body to the abrasion from the shoes and high heels, your feet tolerates everything and hence they need special care to look and feel good. The trick to get beautiful and soft feet is not very complicated, rather it is quite simple but it needs regular care. Follow the next method meticulously to get soft, smooth and beautiful feet quickly.
Follow these steps after you get back home, when you are expected to not to go out anytime soon. This will not only make your feet soft and smooth but will also help your body to relax.
Step 1: Take sufficient hot water in a flat drum to soak your feet in it fully. Add some baking soda to the warm water, mix well and place your feet in it. Let it soak for 20 minutes, and ensure that the water is still warm.
Step 2: After 20 minutes, apply mild soap or a foaming foot cleanser to your feet and scrub it. You should use a loofa or a soft brush for scrubbing the upper skin of your feet, and a pumice stone for scrubbing the heels. Concentrate on the sides and on the fingers and near the nails to ensure complete cleaning.
Step 3: Once you are done scrubbing both the feet, wash your feet with fresh warm water and pat dry with a towel.
Step 4: Now apply a foot massage cream and massage it in for at least 10 minutes and then leave for another 20 minutes.
Step 5: After 20 minutes dab your feet with a clean cotton to remove the extra cream from your feet and then put on your cotton socks. You should sleep with the socks on to get the best results.
Step 6: In the morning, open your socks and you will see and feel the difference. Now wash your feet with plain cold water and live on.
The full process, starting from step 1 to Step 6, should be followed at least 2 days in a week. For the other days; you should skip adding baking soda to the warm water in which you will soak your feet (Step 1)and after removing your feet from the tub, once you have cleaned it with a mild soap, you should use a homemade remedy as mentioned below for scrubbing and moisturizing your feet, before you put on your socks.
Homemade remedies for beautiful, smooth and soft feet
Lemon and sea salt: Squeeze out the juice from a lemon and add 1 spoon sea salt to it. Now rub this mixture on your feet. You should cover both the upper and lower skin of your feet; rub the upper skin lightly and the heels more rigorously. Continue scrubbing for 10 minutes and then leave for 15 minutes. Wash off with plain water and pat dry before following with a moisturizer. Lemon will help in giving the skin of the feet a cleaner and well-toned complexionwhile the sea salt will work as a natural scrubber and will also help in smoothing out the skin of the feet.
Milk and sugar: Take 1 tablespoon raw milk in a bowl and mix 2 teaspoon sugar in it. Now slowly and gently scrub this mixture to the upper side of your feet. Rubbing this mixture onto the fingers of your feet will help in lightening any discoloration or spot and at the same time will moisturize your skin. Continue rubbing with the mixture for at least 10 minutes, then leave for 15 minutes more. Wash off with cold water and pat dry. Follow with a moisturizer.
Honey and turmeric: Mix 2 spoons of honey with 1 spoon of turmeric paste and apply this pack on your feet, while rubbing it in. Let it set for 30 minutes, wash off with cold water and pat dry. Follow with a moisturizer only if you need, because honey itself is moisturizing, and unless you have just started the regime, you are most expected to not to require a separate moisturizer after using this pack.
Papaya with milk: Papaya is a great natural bleaching agent and raw milk is also believed to be very effective in giving a smooth complexion to the skin. Mix 1 cube of papaya with 2 spoons of raw milk and rub in this paste on your feet. Leave for 30 minutes and wash off with plain water. Follow with a moisturizer if needed.
Instead of using a moisturizer you can always use slightly warm olive oil and massage it onto your feet for great and quick results. Following this regime thoroughly just for a single week is sure to show you the difference.
Some general tips for beautiful soft smooth feet
- Always keep in mind, to get soft smooth and beautiful feet it is really important to maintain the best cleanliness of your feet. So, whenever you go out, make it a point to wash your feet at least with plain water as soon as you get back to home. Washing with water will remove the sweat and any dirt from the skin of the feet and will help it to stay soft.
- Make it a habit to wear slippers even when you are in home. There is invariably dirt on the floor which gets stuck to your feet when you walk around. A slipper will keep your feet safe from any kind of dirt and thus will help in keeping them beautiful.
- If you are really serious about keeping your feet soft and beautiful instead of those stylish open sandals opt more for the feet covering shoes. You can also use socks to give more physical protection to your feet. Wearing covering shoes or socks with the shoes can be very helpful and effective to keep your feet soft and clean over longer period of time.
- You can give your feet a fresh look quickly by massaging a thick moisturizer or shea butter on your cleansed and well-scrubbed feet before going to the bed. After you have massaged the moisturizer on the skin, wear cotton socks and go to sleep with the socks on. Remove the socks only in the morning after you wake up and you will see the instant difference.
- Professional pedicures can be really relaxing and effective as well to clean your feet properly and to make them soft and smooth. However, do not opt for professional pedicures that use chemicals in the process. These chemicals can be harmful for your skin when used frequently. Start taking just a bit extra care for your feet at home and you will feel the difference quickly even without any professional treatment.