Feet are the most important part of the body that requires regular attention especially during summer. This is the time when the feet are exposed to dust and dirt. A well-groomed person is judged by his healthy feet. Improper shoes, dirt, dust affect the look of the feet make them look dull, rough and unhealthy.
Pedicure at the salon, which is effective but turns out to be expensive and requires a lot of time. Homemade pedicure performed with natural ingredients is equally effective and are much cheaper and simpler. There are a few benefits of a pedicure that helps to get a natural beautiful look to your feet.
Some people do not at all care about their feet. They think this portion of the body is not visible. But, you don’t know, people looking at you actually watches from head to foot. Thus, caring and beatifying your feet is an important consideration. The feet are a body part of individuals that is very close to land. Thus, when you walk there is a good chance of your feet getting dirty.
The dust particles will first attack your feet. It is very true for the ladies as they wear the sandals or footwear that are not closed or covered from top like men. Pedicure becomes an important consideration. People concentrate on grooming their face as it is focused at first when you are in front of somebody.
But, along with your face, well groomed feet are also a necessity. You can go to a beauty parlor, spend a lot and get well groomed feet. But, it is not possible for everyone to visit parlor every month to do this. For all of you, I have wonderful homemade tips. Our feet carry the entire body weight while we walk, jog, jump or do any other physical activities throughout the day.
Thus, it is very important for all of us to take good care of our feet. Just pampering your face and body is not enough. It is equally important to take care of your feet to provide some relief to it. These are a few benefits of pedicure to make your feet look soft and beautiful.
Tips on homemade pedicure
- Nail polish remover
- Emery board
- Nail clipper
- Cuticle pusher
- Cotton pads
- Cuticle cream
- Big bowl
You are also going to need a foot filer, Loofah, foot moisturizer and a foot scrub. These are the best tips to do pedicure at home quickly.
Procedure for pedicure to get beautiful legs
You need to follow the step by step procedure to get a wonderful pedicure treatment just by sitting at home and utilizing a variety of ingredients at home. The steps are as follows:
- Trim your nails – It is very important to trim and shape your nails in an adequate way so that the nails do not come in the process of pedicure. It is important to cut the nails short and straight. There may be problems if you concentrate cutting the corners too much. If you want to give your nails desired shape, it will be important to use the nail board. You can also soak your nails and then cut it so that the nails becomes soft and easily accessible.
- Soaking foot – Another important step in the process of pedicure is soaking your feet. For this you have to take a tumbler with some lukewarm water and salt dipped in it. Now soak your feet for around 5 to 10 minutes. You will get relaxation once you have come back from a stressful schedule. This will also help reduce inflammation. You can also soak your feet in fresh lemon juice. You can also get the foot wash available at your home. If you don’t have foot wash, you can use the hand wash as well.
- Exfoliate – You have to rub the cuticle cream on the heels and toe nails. Thereafter, you have to use a good foot file to remove all dry and rough skin layers from your feet. It is very important to remove such skin otherwise your skin will become harder with time.
- Moisturizing – You can use any of the home moisturizers such as olive oil or almond oil whichever is handy to you. It is important to massage your feet with such oil to reduce stress and discomfort.
- Dress up – After moisturizing your feet, you can use nail paint according to your choice and make your feet look great.
Benefits of pedicure
- Regular pedicure helps to clear corns, bunions and fungal infections at an early stage.
- It also decreases the chances of infections caused by dirty, long and uneven nails by removing the dirt and bacteria.
- A pedicure consists of the process of soaking, massaging and moisturizing the feet. These help to keep the feet moisturized and there are fewer chances of developing of blisters cracks and ingrown nails.
- Removal of dead skin or exfoliation prevents in causing corns and bunions. It encourages growth of new cells, which give a healthy look to the feet.
- Massaging is the best step of pedicure which promotes circulation of blood and gives relief from tension and pain in the feet and calves.
Steps for homemade pedicure
Are you looking for the process of pedicure to get a beautiful look? Here, we have a list of steps on how to do pedicure at home easily.
- Hot water tub
- Some milk
- Pumice stone
- Cuticle softener
- Foot scrub
- Foot cream
- Nail brush
- Nail polish
- Add some milk and soap sachets or body wash in a tub filled with hot water.
- Soak the feet in a tub filled with hot water after removing the old nail polish.
- Leave them submerged for at least 45 minutes and relax with a book , music or TV.
Pat dry the feet and apply of a few drops of olive oil or any cold cream on each nail to soften the cuticles. The best moisturizing tips to do pedicure at home is applying oil or cream to cuticles, so that it is easy to remove.
- Cut and shape the nails as desired. Shaping of the nails can be given with a nail file. The nails should not be cut too short.
- Avoid chances of ingrown nails by not trimming the sides of the nails.
- The shape of the nails will depend on the individual’s lifestyle.
- Remember the square shape of nails is in vogue, but women with short fingers should keep rounded nails because squared tips make the fingers look shorter.
- File the nails in one direction and finish them after making the edges and the surface of the nails smooth.
Clean the cuticle cream from the nails with a cotton ball. Push the cuticles back with the help of a cuticle pusher.
- Scrub the feet with a pumice stone to remove the dead skin cells. A scraper can be used to clear the hard and dead skin on the heels.
- Wash the feet clean and apply a thick moisturizer on the whole feet up to the knees.
Try to do these steps on how to do pedicure at home carefully with these following steps. Clean the surface and underside of the nails with a nail brush. Scrub the area between the toes and under the toes.
- Scrub the whole feet with a homemade scrub in a clockwise and anticlockwise movement.
- An effective scrub can be made by mixing some sugar, besan and olive oil. Scrub the feet with this scrub and keep the feet wrapped in towel dipped in hot water.
- Clear the excess oil from the nails with a nail polish remover and apply a thin coat of clear polish.
- If colored polish is desired, apply three coats of the polish.
- Give some time for the previous coat to dry before applying the next coat.
- The last coat can also be repeated with a clear polish.
Natural beauty tips for home pedicure
- Cracks in the feet must be treated with Vaseline applied at night and socks worn over them.
- Massage the feet often with almond oil or olive oil.
- Yellow toenail can be cleared by soaking them in lemon juice for 10 minutes and then washing them off with water.
- Application of clear nail polish every alternate day will make the shine of the nails last longer.
- The toes can be given a perfect shine and gloss by applying some glitter over the nail paint.
A regular pedicure once a month helps to keep the feet healthy, so the feet care should not be neglected. Try these steps on how to do pedicure at home for a beautiful feet look.
Steps and tips for homemade pedicure
Manicure scrubs homemade
You can now make a scrub for manicure right at home. To make this scrub all you require is a teaspoon of olive oil, sugar of 2 tsp. You must take a container and add both the ingredients as mentioned here. Now wet your feet and apply the scrub over it. Use both your hands to massage your feet. Allow it to stay for 2 minutes and then wash with lukewarm water. Pat dry with towel and see your feet getting beautiful.
Many people stops after feet is soaked and wash. But, the less oil in water while soaking your feet is not enough. Also, it gets washed away with soap water. You will actually require a deep moisturizer. After you have completed your cleaning feet, you have to apply a moisturizer to your feet. The mild moisturizer that is available at home can be applied. Make sure the moisturizer covers every portion of the feet. Moisturizing tips to do pedicure at home for beautiful feet.
You must protect your nail once the process of pedicure is done. Some ladies have a habit a tendency of getting their nails broken frequently. For all of them nail enamel is must. This is a transparent nail paint that is applied in a coat or two before applying the nail paint. Even if you don’t wish to apply the nail paint, the nail enamel simple would do its task. This will keep your nails attractive.