Bentonite or Aztec clay is detoxifying and can cleanse the skin easily. It is also a natural way to make the skin glow. However, when used with face packs, it can be even more effective and give you results faster. Here are some homemade mud face packs or face masks that would make your skin shine.
An ancient procedure to soak the excess oil, to detoxify the skin, to cleanse the pores, to minimize zits and blemishes is the usage of mud on the face. It also improves the skin texture, and removes the bacteria and dead skin cells. There are various kinds of clays and are effective based on the skin types.
Multani mitti mud mask
- Honey – 1 tbsp
- Rose water – 1tbsp
- Tea tree oil – 3-4 drops
- Multani mitti or fuller’s earth – 2 tbsp
How to make
- Take a bowl and pour Fuller’s earth in it, add it honey, rose water and tea tree oil.
- Mix all of the properly to get a smooth paste
- Rinse off your face before going to apply this pack
- Spread this mud mask on the entire facing leaving eyes and lips.
- Allow it to dry for 15 minutes and then rinse off with normal water.
- This face mask works actively for the people who are having oil skin texture.
Green clay face mask
- Green clay – 2 tbsp
- Cucumber – small pieces
- Rose water – 1 tbsp
How to make
- Mix clay and rose water in a bowl.
- Smash the cucumber piece and add it to the clay mixture.
- Mix all of them and form a spreadable paste.
- Apply this pack on your face with the fingertips.
- Allow it to dry for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Rinse off with lukewarm water and pat it dry.
Green clay flushes away the toxins from the skin, and is having anti-inflammatory properties that works great on acne. This face mask soothes your face instantly and helps to treat the acne prone skin.
White clay face mask
- white clay – 2 tbsp
- Glycerine – 1 tbsp
- Honey – 1 tbsp
How to make
- Mix all the above ingredients properly in a bowl.
- Apply the white clay face mask and hold it for about 15 minutes.
- Rinse off with cool water and pat it dry
To moisture the normal skin white clay face mask works effective. White clay is having the gentle nature among all the clays. It keeps your skin soft and smooth.
Anti-aging mud mask
- Red clay – 2 tbsp
- Rose water – 4 tbsp
- Oatmeal – 3 tbsp
- Avocado paste – 2 tbsp
- Rose essential oil – 2 drops
- Neroli essential oil – 2 drop
How to make
- Mix red clay with rose water, Oatmeal, rose essential oil and Neroli essential oil.
- Now add this paste oatmeal and mashed avocado paste.
- Mix all of them to get a smooth paste.
- Apply it on your fresh face and retain it for about 20 minutes.
- Rinse off with cool water.
This is an anti-aging mud face mask and can be used on any skin type. It reduces wrinkles, fine lines and other aging signs. Red clay is most recommended for sensitive and dry skin and is one another gentle clay type.
Deep cleansing mud mask recipe
- 1 teaspoon of Aztec clay
- 1 teaspoon of water
- 1 teaspoon of raw honey
- ½ teaspoon of powdered chamomile flowers and calendula
- A few drops of lavender essential oil
Mix the powdered herbs with the Aztec clay in a small bowl. Add some honey to the mixture and mix it all together to form a thick paste. Add some lavender essential oil to it. Add enough warm water so that a thin paste is formed. Apply to the face immediately in a circular motion and avoid the eyes while doing so. Leave the mixture on the face for about ten to fifteen minutes or till the mixture has become hard. Clean off using a dark coloured wash cloth that has been soaked in some hot water. Pat your skin dry with a dry cloth. See your skin becoming smoother everyday as you regularly use this mixture on your face.
Mud face pack for dry skin
- 3 teaspoons of Multani Mitti
- 1 to 2 teaspoons of yogurt
- ½ teaspoon of almond oil
- 3 drops of rose water
Take some yogurt in a bowl. Add some Multani Mitti to it and stir the mixture using a spoon. Pour the rose water and the almond oil in. Mix all the ingredients together to form a loose paste. Then, apply this mud face pack to your face and leave it on for about fifteen to twenty minutes. Then, wash it off using some fresh, cold water.
Mud face pack for combination skin
Some people have partially dry and partially oily skin. It is called the combination skin.
- 2 tablespoons of Aloe Vera gel
- 1 tablespoon of Multani Mitti
Mix 2 tablespoons of Aloe Vera gel with 1 tablespoon of Multani Mitti or Fuller’s Earth. Apply it to the face. Leave it on the face till it dries. Then, wash it off.
Dead sea mud facial pack
Sometimes, you can also use deep sea mud instead of mud from the earth in order to revitalize the skin.
- 1/4th teaspoon of myrrh or frankincense essential oil
- Some Dead Sea mud
- Some honey
- Some herbal tea
Add a few drops of frankincense oil or myrrh essential oil with some Dead Sea mud in order to form a paste. Then, add some herbal tea and some honey to this mixture. Apply to the face and wait for ten to fifteen minutes or till it dries. Then, thoroughly cleanse your face using some warm water. Do this for fifteen minutes everyday till you see results.
Multani Mitti and tomato face pack
- 1 teaspoon of Multani Mitti
- Some tomato juice
- Some rose water
- Some Aloe Vera juice
- An egg
- Some Manuka honey
Mix one teaspoon of Manuka honey with some Multani Mitti and some rose water. You should make sure that the mud mask is pasty and thick. Add some tomato juice and some Aloe Vera juice to the mixture along with the white of an egg or some egg yolk. After mixing all the ingredients together, apply the mixture to the face and let it dry. Instead of washing your face with some water, consider washing it using some milk. Apply your favorite moisturizer and toner to your face.
Coffee mud mask
- 4 tablespoons of bentonite clay
- 2 to 4 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of ground coffee
Add some bentonite clay to a small bowl along with ground coffee and mix it till it becomes a paste. Add some apple cider vinegar to this mixture and mix to make it thick. Apply to the face in a circular motion and let it dry for about ten to fifteen minutes or wait until the mask becomes hard. Rinse the mud from the face and then, add some moisturizer or dab on a toner to it in order to prevent the skin from drying completely.