Dandruff can be described as powdery pieces of dead skin that sticks to the scalp or the hair. When new cells grow rapidly it replaces the old ones and these are pushed outward and eventually die.
This is the root cause of dandruff, Tea Tree oil can solve it. If the skin is not exfoliated well, then the dead skin, along with the oil secreted from the sebaceous glands of the scalp, forms large and oily clumps which flakes and begin to itch. We are unable to take care of our hair due to shortage of time, thus the problem of dandruff goes from bad to worse.
Before it becomes a chronic condition the problem of dandruff can be dealt with some effective home remedies with Tea Tree oil depending upon the age and the level of severity.
- One of the reasons is stress, whereby a person can be affected by dandruff if he is under a lot of stress. So by reducing stress he or she can also control dandruff.
- Shampooing the hair daily to get rid of the excessive oil in the hair and the scalp.
- Exposing oneself to a little sunlight may also help.
- Last but not the least is the use of tea tree oil..
A healthy scalp is required for healthy hair and tea tree oil is a solution for most of the scalp problems. It is an essential oil that is obtained from a plant that is native to Australia. It has many benefits, besides being used to heal scalp problems.
Its properties are:
It is antifungal, which kills bacteria that causes dandruff.
- It kills microorganisms that causes dandruff by penetrating deep inside the hair follicles.
- It also helps to treat any inflammation of the scalp.
- It tackles the dryness of the scalp by moisturizing it, removes dead skin and cleans the scalp, so that healthy hair can grow on the scalp.
- It gets rid of all germs and scalp problems.
- It also prevents sebum from accumulating and clogging the hair follicles.
- Excess oil that is secreted by the scalp can be removed with the help of tea tree oil so that the hair becomes lustrous, strong and healthy.
How to use tea tree oil for dandruff
Use tea tree oil and carrier oil
Take tea tree oil and carrier oil or olive oil and mix it well. Then use this mix oil in your scalp and wait few hours.
After that, rinse with normal water. Use these procedures twice a week and it will remove the dandruff problem from the scalp.
It will also remove the itching problem. Take 2-3 drops tea tree oil and 2-3 drops any other oil and massage your hair and scalp smoothly with it. It will make your hair strong and thick.
Use tea tree oil with coconut oil
Mix ¾ th bottle of coconut oil to 10-15 drops of tea tree oil and apply it on the scalp and hair and massage gently, leave it on overnight and wash off with shampoo and then use a conditioner. The scalp will become problem free.
Apply tea tree oil on the scalp for dandruff
Rub a few drops of tea tree oil on the scalp and hair, comb the hair and leave it overnight before shampooing it. This process if done daily for a week helps to get rid of dandruff and a dry scalp.
Use tea tree oil with shampoo for dandruff
To get rid of dandruff mix a few drops of tea tree oil to the shampoo and massage the scalp and hair, wait for a few minutes before washing it off.