Waking up to a fresh and bright face is the morning brings an automatic smile to the face. On the contrary if you find your skin dull and pale, you will surely not be happy looking at the mirror. Dark circles are the prime reason to darken the under eye zone and make your face look dull. To help yourself heal dark circles, you should try out some natural remedies. Of course, you can try laser treatments and chemical-based products, but home remedies always lead a better effect and make you skin healthier naturally.
Getting dark circles below the eyes are quite common in our busy world. Over worked hours and sleepless nights is nothing surprising to us. It is obviously important to give our health priority, but sometimes we just miss out on a few things. For those cases, we do have alternative solutions, just like you’ll read the remedies to heal dark circles naturally now.
Dark circles removal tips
Tomatoes & lemon to remove dark circles
- For this remedy you would need 1 teaspoon of tomato juice added with 1 teaspoon of lemon juice.
- Mix both the ingredients and then apply to the affected area.
- Let it dry for about 10 minutes and the wash with cold water.
- Repeat it twice a day for two weeks for best results
- Both lemon and tomatoes have lightening properties. Tomatoes have lycopene, a phytochemical good for skin. Lemon is an astringent which helps the skin heal.
Almond oil to lighten dark circles
- You need some pure and sweet almond oil for this. Remember that there are two types of almond oils, one is bitter and one is sweet. Bitter one is used for aromatherapy and shouldn’t be used on skin directly.
- Add the oil to your skin and massage the area.
- Let it stay overnight. Wash it the next morning.
- Repeat every night till you see dark circles reduced.
- Almonds have vitamin E and they make skin supple.
Orange juice to fade dark circles
- You need 1 teaspoon of fresh orange juice added with a few drops of glycerin.
- Mix both of them and apple to the eye zone.
- Let the mix stay on for 10 minutes.
- Wash with cold water.
- Repeat every morning till it gives adequate results.
- Orange is rich in vitamin C which conceals dark coloration.
Potatoes to cure dark circles
- Grate a raw potato and then extract juice.
- Soak cotton balls and then apply them on both the zones.
- Make sure you cover the entire area.
- Let the cotton stick on for 10 minutes.
- Remove and wash with cold water.
- Repeat twice a day for two weeks.
- Potatoes have enzymes, starch, and vitamin C which improves skin nourishment and treats the dark circles.
Green tea bags to get rid of dark circles fast
- This remedy needs green tea so you shouldn’t replace the tea type.
- Dip tea bags in water and then place the used bags in the fridge.
- Wait for half hour and then take them out.
- Apply them on the eyes.
- Wash face and feel refreshed.
- Repeat daily till it works.
- Green tea helps reduce the dilation which is caused due to blood vessels below the eyes. They also have tannins which works as astringent.
Cucumber to get rid of dark circles
- You need one cucumber for this remedy. Choose a fresh one for best results.
- Chop the cucumber in thick slices and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Take slices and place on the affected area.
- Let them soak in for 10 minutes after which you can wash eyes with cold water.
- Repeat this twice a day.
- Cucumber has antioxidants like orientin, cucurbitacins and vitexin. They help you treat the dark circles fast.
Mint leaves are best remedies for dark circles
- Take a few mint leaves and then crush them with minute water.
- They should make smooth paste, after which you apply it to the eyes.
- Let it soak for 10 minutes after which you wash with cold water.
- Apply it before going to sleep.
- Mint leaves have vitamin C which treats dark circles and makes skin healthier.
- Don’t try peppermint leaves as they can be allergic to sensitive skin.
Milk to stop dark circles
- Take cotton balls and dip into cold milk.
- Take the extraction and add to the eyes.
- Cover the area well and let it soak in for 15 minutes.
- Wash if off and repeat once daily.
- Milk includes lactic acid which soothes skin. It is also known to add firmness and thickness.
- Buy pure rose water and don’t compromise of the price.
- Take two cotton balls and soak them.
- Place them below the eyes.
- Let it soak in for 15 minutes.
- Wash off with cool water.
- Repeat this for a month for best results.
- Rose water includes antioxidant properties which strengthens skin cells and heals discoloration.
Coconut oil will keep you away from dark circles
- Massage extra-virgin coconut oil on the affected area.
- Let it dry out completely.
- Repeat 2-3 times everyday till you are satisfied with the results.
- Coconut oil is one more remedy which can lighten dark circles pretty fast.
- It works like a moisturizer and improves skin condition.
- Prevent wrinkling and diminish the fine lines.